Any timelines as dystopian as Anglo-American Nazi War?

AANW is my favorite dystopian (or depressing, give or take) alternate timeline and at the same time being completely plausible.

Besides ones that feature 1983: Doomsday (sorry for the example)-esque nuclear war, are there any other good and finished/near finished alternate histories on these forums (pre and post 1900) that the community may direct me to?

Mods may move this messave to chat if necessary

I don't think you can get more dystopian than the aforementioned A-A/NW and 1983 D. I mean, everyone fucking dies and those who don't are very sad is a pretty high bar to clear.

The Footprint of Mussolini?

TFoM is not as hellish dystopic as AANW. Not even near. Of course it is for some people like Slovenes and Arabs really shitty world but not such hellhole. Even Twilight of the Red Tsar is more dystopic. I barely can see TFoM even as dystopic TL. Yes it is bit worse world as OTL but not so bad.

BigBlueBox

Banned
For All Time is the classic dystopic timeline. It seems to have established the idea that having Wallace as President would be terrible. It's focused on making the most craptastic world possible though, not realism.

Last edited:
Uh...

The world "dystopia" describes a world that is within the realm of fiction. "Dystopia" goes into the realm of the impossible.

I think TLs that we describe as "dystopian" are actually...plausible.

AANW is disturbingly plausible. The OTL parallel to AANW's destruction of Paris is the destruction of Warsaw. The OTL parallel to the murder of tens of millions of Eastern Europeans was the OTL Holocaust, which tragically succeeded in destroying centuries of Jewish culture.

Besides in AANW, other nations actually are better off than OTL, like a non-partitioned India and Brazil.

The real world has many horrors, but there are also signs of progress as well.

The OTL parallel to AANW's destruction of Paris is the destruction of Warsaw.
Worse. At least Warsaw was reconstructed and a historical destruction of Paris in 1944 would "merely" have resulted in Plan Voisin by Le Corbusier being implemented. Paris was abandoned in AANW.

Worse. At least Warsaw was reconstructed and a historical destruction of Paris in 1944 would "merely" have resulted in Plan Voisin by Le Corbusier being implemented. Paris was abandoned in AANW.

OTL Nazis engaged in scorch-earth tactics as they were pushed out of the USSR.

TTL, their weapons of destruction would've been far more sophisticated after several more years of power.