Any Advice for Good, Quality Graphics?

I apologize if this forum isn't really intended for questions like this, but I am working on my first TL on this forum (The Sultanate of Rumistan: An Alternate Anatolia) and I was just wondering how some of y'all make your very quality flags, maps, and other images. Although I think I'm getting better at writing AH I think I could really need some help with graphics and images... at the moment I'm using maps drawn on computers and some maps that I have made using a modified EU4 province map, but seeing some of the beautiful maps, flags, and graphics on here really makes me want to find out how to truly develop my skills in that regard. Especially with regards to flags and wikiboxes: I'm not really expecting to use many all that prominently just yet, so I will have time to develop my skills, but I would very much appreciate some help in that regard... Thank you all very much, I hope that asking for this isn't too much of an annoyance!

It depends on what kind of graphic (map, flag, wikibox etc.) and what style (especially for maps). For maps in general, if you have a couple major powers, it's probably a good idea to make them clearly separate colours so you can see who's who. Also, make sure you don't have any glitches in your map, such as missed pixels. Other than that, I can't really help I'm afraid. Just try something and keep practising.

Expanding your toolkit is a good skill! Inkscape, GIMP, Paint.net, and QGIS are all free software which you can download which can make it easier to produce quality graphics. ksituan's QGIS tutorial is a great place to get good with maps really quickly, though I still struggle with qGIS at the best of times. Krall, our father who art elsewhere, has a pinned tutorial thread with significantly more links to tutorials and the like. Try reproducing maps/flags/graphics that tickle your fancy, seeing how others did it, and how you accomplished it.