An Examination of Extra-Universal Systems of Government

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why only a state? The title of this thread is "An Examination of Extra-Universal Systems of Government", not "An Examination of Extra-Universal States". Why would only state governments be considered?

It's not really a government if it doesn't govern a state.

So nothing without;

(1) Population
(2) Territory
(3) Sovereignty
(4) Government

I'm not planning one, since I consider sovereignty one of the requirements for something to be a state.
Why can't an international government have sovereignty?

I mean, it's not exactly uncommon for one state to control other states that are still separate entities with their own governments (CF: the Warsaw Pact), for a federation to end up with the tail wagging the dog (CF: the USA), or for several nations to share a single ruler (Hapsburgs).

Last edited:

Deleted member 108228

Got a little preview for a new entry I'm working on.

Eurasia.png

Any idea on what it is?

Inspired by: https://metallist-99.deviantart.com/art/1984-Redux-665102767

Last edited by a moderator:
Several questions.
1. What is Mr. Chana's race?(writing a Confederacy entry, and this would matter there)
2. Would a TL-191 approach to historical figures(I.E. Historical figures in similar positions as in OTL long after butterflies would have stopped them from being born) be acceptable for a submission?

Several questions.
1. What is Mr. Chana's race?(writing a Confederacy entry, and this would matter there)
2. Would a TL-191 approach to historical figures(I.E. Historical figures in similar positions as in OTL long after butterflies would have stopped them from being born) be acceptable for a submission?

1. Chana is Guarani
2. It's not prohibited, but I'd be leery of it. How long after the POD? Is Chana interviewing them personally?

1. Chana is Guarani
2. It's not prohibited, but I'd be leery of it. How long after the POD? Is Chana interviewing them personally?
1. Awesome! Thanks.
2. POD would be Antietam(or rather, the Confederacy reacting differently to their loss there), and the figures would be MLK and LBJ being involved in politics in the 1960s. Chana would be interviewing people in 2018, so both would be dead for decades.

took me four months but i finally pooped out the first couple of paragraphs for my weird African executive outcomes legacy mercenary extraterritorial UN commision thing. The POD is the UN commision and executive outcomes not working tandem to legislate mercenaries out of existence, but giving them some new legal classification under world power pressure and creating an NGO to oversee activities within the African continent. Also, you lads might be interested in China Mieville's "the city and the city". (confession I've only watched the miniseries so far) Two cities occupy the same geographical space, the denizens of which cannot stand each other. In an effort to halt past (what are hinted at to be) Yugoslav level war crimes and mystery graves. The city's of each are conditioned to ignore the other. If you interact with the opposite polis in anyway breach is invoked and with it comes a dual jurisdiction secret police.

Status
Not open for further replies.