An Age of Miracles Continues: The Empire of Rhomania

hm yeah considering the negotiations were extended, even if they were moved, i find it hard to accept that no word of the ottoman reverses in india would reach the envoys before the signing of the treaty.
Also, even roman demoralization is, imo not enough to account for more than a status quo ante bellum peace. Iskandar got far too much out of that treaty. Though the quote at the top does make me hope he'll get his comeuppance. Angry as hell romans have a propensity for doing great things afterall:evilsmile:.
In any case, superb writing as aleays @Basileus444 , can't wait for the domestic carnage awaiting andreas in constantinople.

Curses!

I suppose the only good thing that can come out of this war is the possibility of civil war gains when supporting Osman, which could reverse the Roman losses - and then the later Indian Wars. (Which would be both impressive and terrifying).

In the Footsteps of the Ancients: A History of the War of Wrath
More like the War of 20/20 hindsight, I'm going to guess that the coming decades will expose just how precarious the Persian situation was even with Iskander in charge, there's going to be a lot of face palming in the War Room.
But what intrigues me is the references to the Ancients. Could it be possibly referring to Alexander? Or Trajan? Either way, it looks like the Roman war effort will go beyond Mesopotamia wrecking and actually learn from their mistakes in the Eternal War.

I'm guessing the end of the Eternal War implies the Romans won't be fighting the Ottomans again while Iskander still lives.

Also I'm surprised that Rhomania gave as many concessions they did, if anything I expected the Romans to make some small gains in this treaty. Sure the Ottomans "won" at Nineveh twice and they captured Kaisar Andreas and a host of other important Roman figures at the battle, but the Romans were technically winning the war overall as far as I can tell and had pushed pretty far into Ottoman Mesopotamia. Even if they fell for Iskander's bluff I don't see them accepting any territorial concessions of their own lands, the terms dealing with the Georgian border, the Sharif of Mecca, and the ransoms would be more than enough in terms of concessions given the facts on the ground. That said this is a great update as always.

Also, to improve the opinion of future generations of Helena and Demetrios, you could make Rhomania win a naval/colonial war against the Triunes. They have been asking for a punch in the face since who knows when...

I hope to see the Ottomans crushed once and for all soon.
I honestly don't, whilst I'm a big fan of the ERE and like how well they are doing ITTL, OTL was a screw to every non European society outside of Japan and I always like more successful non European societies. Also the Ottomans serve as a great rival to the ERE and keeps them sharp. Also wanks are usually boring.

I'm still waiting for a proper European rival to the ERE honestly.

I honestly don't, whilst I'm a big fan of the ERE and like how well they are doing ITTL, OTL was a screw to every non European society outside of Japan and I always like more successful non European societies. Also the Ottomans serve as a great rival to the ERE and keeps them sharp. Also wanks are usually boring.

I'm still waiting for a proper European rival to the ERE honestly.

And what about the Indians? Or the Chinese and the Japanese? And there's the Ethiopians.

And what about the Indians? Or the Chinese and the Japanese? And there's the Ethiopians.

Japan has potentially in the future, as does the new Chinese dynasty if it manages to take control of the whole of it. However, I expect when it comes down to it, if the Romans and Ottomans take on India under a successor to Raya, the Indians will face the worst of it (despite the current disparity in numbers). Meanwhile the Ethiopians are often at the mercy of the elements without having available Roman intervention.

I personally enjoy the Ottomans, but even if you don't, without them or a similar empire in Mesopotamia, the Romans suddenly face no restrictions in that area. That's something which would really allow further expansion, but at the same time, does boundless expansion and conquest really make a timeline more enjoyable?

The Ottomans keep me more engaged to the conditions and threats of the Roman Empire. Without them a lot of stakes would just be gone.

Japan has potentially in the future, as does the new Chinese dynasty if it manages to take control of the whole of it. However, I expect when it comes down to it, if the Romans and Ottomans take on India under a successor to Raya, the Indians will face the worst of it (despite the current disparity in numbers). Meanwhile the Ethiopians are often at the mercy of the elements without having available Roman intervention.

I personally enjoy the Ottomans, but even if you don't, without them or a similar empire in Mesopotamia, the Romans suddenly face no restrictions in that area. That's something which would really allow further expansion, but at the same time, does boundless expansion and conquest really make a timeline more enjoyable?

The Ottomans keep me more engaged to the conditions and threats of the Roman Empire. Without them a lot of stakes would just be gone.

There is part of me that does want to see them "Overcome" the Ottomans in some way - only for them to realise that there are other threats - say a powerful Russia, or India, or my personal favourite, a strong Central Asia/Transoxia that splits Persia with the Romans, but have the clear superiority on the Iranian Plateau, taking the resources there and becoming the power that dominates the North, and later parts of Russia.

Atypical, but fun.

Roman failure of intelligence. I hope the Romans in future wars learn the importance of intelligence.

The Romans are so rich that they were willing to pay extra 500,000 hyperpyra all because any equal amount with Richard I ransom would be rude.

Roman failure of intelligence. I hope the Romans in future wars learn the importance of intelligence.

The Romans are so rich that they were willing to pay extra 500,000 hyperpyra all because any equal amount with Richard I ransom would be rude.

Now that could be a fun twist - the Romans learn of the Indian issues that Ibrahim was suffering, and ramp up information gathering operations, both in Europe, and abroad. You could seriously harm the Ottomans with the right espionage. Same with... most of the Empires enemies.