America's Funniest President: Mo Udall Presidency & Beyond

Toonami will still probably be on Saturday. Schedule is pretty accurate by 2008 I believe though Zatch Bell is probably finishing up. OTL, the mangaka broke his hand, which likely didn't occur here. So the anime follows the manga and likely also the anime is finished with its English dub.

Orderwise, it'd likely be Naruto/Naruto Shippuden, then One Piece, then Fullmetal Alchemist, then Bleach, then a Gundam show, at least with long runners. And of course, shows rotating like Zatch Bell and the like. Gurren Lagann is probably at midnight. Fair bit of anime and so on cycling throughout the years.

Toonami will still probably be on Saturday. Schedule is pretty accurate by 2008 I believe though Zatch Bell is probably finishing up. OTL, the mangaka broke his hand, which likely didn't occur here. So the anime follows the manga and likely also the anime is finished with its English dub.
That's good to hear.
Orderwise, it'd likely be Naruto/Naruto Shippuden, then One Piece, then Fullmetal Alchemist, then Bleach, then a Gundam show, at least with long runners. And of course, shows rotating like Zatch Bell and the like. Gurren Lagann is probably at midnight. Fair bit of anime and so on cycling throughout the years.
Well, considering OTL's time constraints, I had the block end at midnight maximum, but as long as the at least air some Friday night encores or start later, then running up to 2AM could work:

(Toonami lead-in)
6:00: Batman: The Brave and the Bold(encore from Friday)
6:30: Ben 10: Alien Force(encore from Friday)

(TOONAMI)
7:00: Zatch Bell!(new)
7:30: MAR(new)
8:00: Sgt. Frog(new)
8:30: Prince of Tennis(new)
9:00: Naruto Shippuden(new)
9:30: One Piece(new)
10:00: Bleach(new)
10:30: Fullmetal Alchemist(new)
11:00: Gundam 00(new)
11:30: Moribito(new)
12:00: Gurren Lagann(new)
12:30: Code Geass(new)
1:00: Inuyasha
1:30: Dragon Ball Z

That's good to hear.

Well, considering OTL's time constraints, I had the block end at midnight maximum, but as long as the at least air some Friday night encores or start later, then running up to 2AM could work:

(Toonami lead-in)
6:00: Batman: The Brave and the Bold(encore from Friday)
6:30: Ben 10: Alien Force(encore from Friday)

(TOONAMI)
7:00: Zatch Bell!(new)
7:30: MAR(new)
8:00: Sgt. Frog(new)
8:30: Prince of Tennis(new)
9:00: Naruto Shippuden(new)
9:30: One Piece(new)
10:00: Bleach(new)
10:30: Fullmetal Alchemist(new)
11:00: Gundam 00(new)
11:30: Moribito(new)
12:00: Gurren Lagann(new)
12:30: Code Geass(new)
1:00: Inuyasha
1:30: Dragon Ball Z
Not bad, but don't worry too much about it or focus on it. After all, Toonami and Disnippon are undergoing a bit of a transition during the late 2000s. Toonami will definitely have a steady block, consisting of the Big 3 along with some others.

Not bad, but don't worry too much about it or focus on it. After all, Toonami and Disnippon are undergoing a bit of a transition during the late 2000s. Toonami will definitely have a steady block, consisting of the Big 3 along with some others.
That's good to hear. Will Nickelodeon still rebrand next year? And we have a new age of cartoons to look forward to soon.

We should make a new TL together!

Life of Another Me: An All Iowa Tale
Early Leftovers​
OOC:My keyboard broke and I had to get a new one
Ellsworth as a small town has changed much since the 80's. Small businesses that would have gone belly up survived the farm crisis and those moving from the countryside were saved thanks to government policy, with downtown changing seemingly little. Small business included the A&M Mart, the Bank, Grandmothers Attic the coffee house, The Sister Act antique store, and a sorta small yet still big bagel factory in town. The surrounding turkey farms would continue all the same, as policy has helped them to thrive. Jewel, the nearby town, would be doing three times as good with the school.
Jewel was a town I spent plenty of time in. School would be where I met my out of town friends and how I learned about the outside world. History would be my favorite subject, while I had trouble with math, though was able to learn better thanks to better teaching methods. Downtown the bowling alley would host functions and a small arcade where I met friends to bowl. The bank would have the 4-H club where I would set up projects and where I took part in events and learning about how to take care of animals or on other concepts. Webster City and Ames were the most interesting for what they offered.
Webster City hosted the county fair with all its events, animal shows, the race, and food. There is much competition showing animals at the fair, though I still had my moments in the fair. Local races at the track would include the events that needed the seating, and local racers to race each other for a local trophy. I would also enjoy making art for the 4-H building, where I made a few items including a metal structure. A few times though my siblings got something even better, the complete purple ribbon and trophy that gave them a ticket to show at the Iowa State Fair. Ames was the place where my family got what we couldn't get in town and for my fathers job. Ames as a city has people from all over the world, and I met many people as I went to town from many places, helping to expand my horizons. Time to time I went with my father to his job working at the university with seeds, though I spent much time away in a unused office on the computer.

Life of Another Me: An All Iowa Tale
Early Leftovers​
OOC:My keyboard broke and I had to get a new one
Ellsworth as a small town has changed much since the 80's. Small businesses that would have gone belly up survived the farm crisis and those moving from the countryside were saved thanks to government policy, with downtown changing seemingly little. Small business included the A&M Mart, the Bank, Grandmothers Attic the coffee house, The Sister Act antique store, and a sorta small yet still big bagel factory in town. The surrounding turkey farms would continue all the same, as policy has helped them to thrive. Jewel, the nearby town, would be doing three times as good with the school.
Jewel was a town I spent plenty of time in. School would be where I met my out of town friends and how I learned about the outside world. History would be my favorite subject, while I had trouble with math, though was able to learn better thanks to better teaching methods. Downtown the bowling alley would host functions and a small arcade where I met friends to bowl. The bank would have the 4-H club where I would set up projects and where I took part in events and learning about how to take care of animals or on other concepts. Webster City and Ames were the most interesting for what they offered.
Webster City hosted the county fair with all its events, animal shows, the race, and food. There is much competition showing animals at the fair, though I still had my moments in the fair. Local races at the track would include the events that needed the seating, and local racers to race each other for a local trophy. I would also enjoy making art for the 4-H building, where I made a few items including a metal structure. A few times though my siblings got something even better, the complete purple ribbon and trophy that gave them a ticket to show at the Iowa State Fair. Ames was the place where my family got what we couldn't get in town and for my fathers job. Ames as a city has people from all over the world, and I met many people as I went to town from many places, helping to expand my horizons. Time to time I went with my father to his job working at the university with seeds, though I spent much time away in a unused office on the computer.
No worries and glad to see you more here. Would this be during early 2000s regarding your years?

Yeah, going on to maybe around 2008-2009
Ooh nice. Yeah, the 2000s of this time will be familair yet different. Alot less plastic stuff in stores, more town/community gardens and so on. Pop culture would be somewhat the same though without 9/11 stuff or things like fast fashion, but I think alot of the aesthetics and so on would remain familiar.

Spring 2009- Eruptions and Libraries
Spring 2009- Eruptions and Libraries

396px-World_Digital_Library_Logo_2008-04-24.png

The World Digital Library logo

Spring was turning out to be relatively quiet for the most part as people were settled in over for a Snowe presidency. For the most part, President Snowe's outline would be to go and maintain the economic stability the nation had been experiencing. At the same time, there was also looking what could be improved or adjusted right now. For right now, President Snowe was indulging in being America's first woman president in with some plans to aid women in various fields of politics. While harassment and similar ill behavior have gone down significantly over the year, there was still work to be done and putting in systems of accountability would be of great help. Beyond this and the usual aspects, there was looking over what were the previous administration's goals regarding further interactions with the growing online world. Given former Vice President Al Gore's enthusiasm for the Internet, it would be unsurprising after all. For the most part, things were still pretty quiet and the Snowe administration was focusing on working with Congress and the Supreme Court over for the usual. One bit of news regarding regulation would be some further regulations over regarding on the credit card industry over in late Spring, targeted at curbing fees and interest hikes along with further transparency in terms and conditions. [1]

Space would remain a prominent fascination for the public and private sectors. NASA would go and launch the Kepler Mission, a space photometer. Its objective is to search for planets in the Milky Way that could be similar to Earth and habitable by humans. [1] Another bit of space-related news would be the Space Shuttle Atlantis being launched to refurbish the Hubble Space Telescope over in May and landing at Edwards Air Force Base a couple weeks later. [2] Space exploration and the stars remained a bit of a prominent fad in pop culture though it also remained a heavy topic of discussion. The discussions focused on financial practicality, sustainability, and so on; topics like getting the materials in space and dealing with the effects that current rocketry had over on the atmosphere. Though speaking of of large fiery plumes, Alaska's Mount Redoubt would erupt explosively for the first time in 20 years after emitting steam and volcanic ash for weeks. [1]

Across the world, things were mostly peaceful though there remained conflict. It was looking like things were beginning to calm there in those regions too. The International Criminal Court would issue an arrest warrant for Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir for war crimes and crimes against humanity in Darfur, becoming the first sitting head of state to be indicted by the ICC since its establishment in 2002. [2] Various international groups maintained their eye on the situation along with the neighboring countries. Ethiopia in particular as they were becoming more recognized as a regional power. As such, the desire to flex their muscles and further assert their influence was an enticing opportunity. Meanwhile, Albania and Croatia would end up joining CETO after years of hard work and dedication. CETO maintained its purpose in allowing Central and Eastern Europe to defend itself and other nations like Ukraine were hard at work at fulfilling the requirements. Of course, the question remained on if whether or not they would go and also join NATO. While not a requirement (and the purpose was as a form of compromise), the two organizations sharing standards and traditions means that it would be very easy and quick for any CETO member to join NATO. In more news regarding conflict, after nearly a quarter-century of fighting, the Sri Lankan Civil War would end with the total military defeat of the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam. [2] With it dying down, the various powers around would try and provide aid to go and deal with rebuilding. And over in more optimistic news, UNESCO would launch The World Digital Library.

----------------------------------
[1]- Information and phrasing fom here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_in_the_United_States
[2]- Information and phrasing fom here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009

Finally got updated on this tl, and it's been very interesting so far! It's certainly a better world than the one we live in. I can't wait to see a final map in the end, so I can picture how the Middle East and Asia looks.

Also, at least politics haven't gone wack yet ttl. Speaking off, is the Republican party still around ttl or has it been entirely replaced? If it's still around, I imagine it's mainly consisting of the hardcore religious faction and the nationalists? Or am I mistaken?

On a side note, I'm very thrilled to see that the Earthbound/Mother series is doing better outside Japan ttl and that the Donald Duck comics are a bigger hit outside of Europe. I'm a huge Barks and Rosa fan myself!

Finally got updated on this tl, and it's been very interesting so far! It's certainly a better world than the one we live in. I can't wait to see a final map in the end, so I can picture how the Middle East and Asia looks.
Yeah, the update notification of this site is wonky and yeah, the world is certainly better off. Still has its problems and there are some other stuff. As for map stuff, not much map stuff has changed since the end of the Iranian-Turkish War and well, an eventual unified Korea.

Also, at least politics haven't gone wack yet ttl. Speaking off, is the Republican party still around ttl or has it been entirely replaced? If it's still around, I imagine it's mainly consisting of the hardcore religious faction and the nationalists? Or am I mistaken?
It's been likely entirely replaced by now. The reactionary religious folk are kinda splintered with independents or occasionally the Libretarian. The Religious Right attaching itself to Reagan meant that when Reagan pretty much flubbed over in 1980, he took them down with him as a prominent force and by the time they could get up, things had changed too much for them to remain cohesive and a loss of the prestige and so on.

On a side note, I'm very thrilled to see that the Earthbound/Mother series is doing better outside Japan ttl and that the Donald Duck comics are a bigger hit outside of Europe. I'm a huge Barks and Rosa fan myself!

Yeah, Mother is still a cult classic, but at least financially better off we got Mother 3 released here. As for the Mouse/Duck comics, I would say they have some attention in the US, though alot of that comes from the changes in execution and the like made. I know some stuff of Barks and Rosa and even met Don Rosa himself. He often goes to DragonCon which I went to often prior to me moving to Canada.

Yeah, the update notification of this site is wonky and yeah, the world is certainly better off. Still has its problems and there are some other stuff. As for map stuff, not much map stuff has changed since the end of the Iranian-Turkish War and well, an eventual unified Korea.
does Sudan split here, does seem about the time it happened OTL.

This might seem like a stupid question or was already addressed and I didn't see it, but was the Unabomber or his beliefs butterflied away?

Summer 2009- Supreme Courts and Swine Flus
Summer 2009- Supreme Courts and Swine Flus

11Napolitano-190.jpg

Supreme Court Justice pic Janet Ann Napolitano

Summer would be a relative tranquil period overall. The minor recession was lifting off though there would be some concerns given some of the causes were things like with home pricing and the like. Additionally, there was also the wonder of where the next bubble would come from. Some speculated it may come from the Tech sector again. After all, while these new websites like Myspace, YouTube, Twitter and so on were proving themselves to have enduring power, the question was if it would remain profitable for investors. Of course, for alot of them, it was still a sort of semi-settled Wild West so there was plenty of room for experimenting on what could be done. After all, ArtistShare has been proving such possiblities with crowdfunding and artists working with their audience. Though speaking of media, the ending of analog television broadcasts by the FCC would be delayed over to at least 2010. This decision was made by the Snowe Administration to ensure that analog would no longer be needed by the time the switch to purely digital signals would be made. [1] Another bit regarding technology would be the release of Windows Zen, the successor to the critically maligned, but still foundational Windows Vista. Having focused on fixing many of the problems and shortcomings of Vista, Zen would prove to be quite popular off the ground.

Over in politics, a bit of surprising news would arrive in the form of retirement. Specifically, Chief Justice Gilbert Stroud Merritt Jr would announce his retirement. As he put it, he was approaching his mid 70s and decided that it would probably be better to go earlier rather than later when it came over to retiring. The Snowe Administration would bid him a fond farewell. Ruth Bader Ginsburg would be chosen to become the new Chief Justice of the Supreme Court while the Snowe Administration would pick Merritt Jr's replacement over in with Janet Napolitano as the newest addition over to the Supreme Court. She would be joining the new Chief Justice Ginsburg (since 2003) along with José Alberto Cabranes(since 1999), Sonia Sotomayor (since 2003), David S. Tatel (since 2003), Micheal Sandel (since 2005), Mario Cuomo (since 2005), Ann Claire Williams (since 2007) and Leah Ward Sears (since 2007). Further political developments would be occurring over on state levels. More and more states were legalizing recreational cannabis, with the topic having been brought up over in the new states of DC and Puerto Rico. Though speaking of smoking, Nebraska's ban of smoking within places like bars and restaurants would kick in and some were wondering of similar bans would be seen across the states. [1]

Across the world, the focus was on containing a global pandemic, that of a type of influenza known as "swine flu." While the risk was no higher than the seasonal flu, it still caught more than a few groups off-guard and it still led to a number of deaths across the world. The fortunate news was that the mutations led to it having a much lesser fatality rate. [2] In lighter news, famed musician Micheal Jackson would begin his famous "This Is It" concert residency over in London. Micheal has claimed this would be his final tour show for the forseeable future, his "final curtain call" as he would put it. Many have claimed this was likely due to Jackson focusing more on his physical and mental health over fame. He has announced that he would not be retiring from music completely. His decision for this bit of semi-retirement led to many questions regarding fame, mental health of celeberties and the changing of the music scene. Meanwhile, Iceland would begin its path over into joining the European Union, leaving fewer and fewer nations not yet within the growing supranational continental organization. [2] Additionally, Bolivia would become the first South American country to declare the right of indigenous people to govern themselves. [2]

------------------------------------------------
[1]- Information and phrasing from here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_in_the_United_States
[2]- Information and phrasing from here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009

So MJ doesn’t die in 09 here? Interesting. I’ve never been a huge fan of his, I must admit. Hopefully Whitney can be saved though. That one was a big tragedy for me. Speaking of dead singers, did Selena still get murdered ttl? It could be butterfliable I think