Am I the Only One...

Diamond

Banned
Yup, Draka Stirling. joatsimeon.@.aol.com is his SN. He has posted extensively on topics in the Books & Movies threads pertaining to his works.

I wish he'd weigh in on other stuff here...

Diamond said:
Yup, Draka Stirling. joatsimeon.@.aol.com is his SN. He has posted extensively on topics in the Books & Movies threads pertaining to his works.

I wish he'd weigh in on other stuff here...

That would be nice. It would be interesting to see him critique other people's Draka timelines...

Hmm, interesting. Never read his Draka books and have to be honest after reading people's reviews and comments on here never will.

It woudl be interesting to see his comments on some of our ideas in the context of a wider audience (we are largely coming up with ideas for ourselves whereas he has to think of a larger audience), whether they would appeal to a more general AH world.

Thande said:
To tell you the truth I'm still not convinced that Straha isn't a front for Turtledove...

Now I'm worried, what if it turns out most people here are infact just covers for all the AH authors trying to get ideas for their next book? :)

Thande

Donor
I'll start getting suspicious when Eric Flint publishes one in which the world is partitioned between a crazy Yorkshire science student ruling the British Empire and a French government employee rebuilding the Chinese Middle Kingdom... ;)

Hmm, review for a new book published today..."Middle Kingdom Triumphant"...all about a world where the Chinese Empire is the dominant power, following its conquest 200 years ago by a group of French adventurers and their families...the only other power still remaining is the British Empire, led by a youn Scientist with a strange northern accent... :)

Yeah, it is kind of interesting that he posts here. Probably sees it as a way to connect with his fanbase. I only wish he'd figure out how to use the quote boxes, it's make his posts much easier to read.
Jason said:
the only other power still remaining is the British Empire, led by a youn Scientist with a strange northern accent...
Docto Who! :D

Send him a pm explaining it in depth for him then. I also have not read any of his books... The library doesn't have any :(

Faeelin

Banned
Abdul Hadi Pasha said:
No, since he's such a testy little egomaniac.

But we don't mind when you post....

In all seriousness, I don't really care that much.

He's a writer. He's making a living doing what he likes, which is good for him.

But that doesn't make him better than anyone else who's posted here; and I can't help but notice that the (1) post he did start essentially asked the members to do research for his work.

Thande

Donor
But that doesn't make him better than anyone else who's posted here; and I can't help but notice that the (1) post he did start essentially asked the members to do research for his work.

Which makes him different from everyone else here how? :rolleyes:

Most of his works are too dark for me to get into, although I did enjoy The Peshawar Lancers.

Faeelin said:

Hmm, does that mean we can claim a share of any profits he makes from our ideas? :D

Faeelin

Banned
Thande said:
Which makes him different from everyone else here how? :rolleyes:

Most of his works are too dark for me to get into, although I did enjoy The Peshawar Lancers.

Are you getting paid to write AH?