Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stanfield has a 2-step win, and Trudeau quits politics on election night 1974. Meanwhile the Unionists retain a solid majority, forcing Laporte's resignation as PLQ leader.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

A Prime Minister Stanfield would definitely NOT be pirouetting behind Queen Elizabeth's back.

I wonder if Joe Clark would still succeed Stanfield as Prime Minister.

Could be either Clark, Lougheed, Mulroney, Michael Wilson, Flora MacDonald, or Bill Davies. I'd put money down on either Lougheed or Davies though.

After a decade as premier and in failing health, Johnson retires in 1976 and is replaced by Jean-Guy Cardinal. However the rejuvenated PLQ under Raymond Garneau handily defeats the tired Unionists to claim the first Liberal victory in 16 years.

attachment.php

Federally, Stanfield coasts to a third term against new leaders Turner and Broadbent.

attachment.php

Small advice for making the wikiboxes, try to make them in the incognito mode of whatever browsers you use, that way, the links in Wikipedia appear to never have been checked, and at least, imho, it looks better.

Small advice for making the wikiboxes, try to make them in the incognito mode of whatever browsers you use, that way, the links in Wikipedia appear to never have been checked, and at least, imho, it looks better.

Another way is to link to a Wikipedia article that you know you haven't visited if you don't feel like going incognito.

So if you want the link "Barack Obama" to come up blue even though you've spent an hour on it, just pipe the link to something else like this "[[X|Barack Obama]]", where "X" is the unvisited article you want it to be linked to and "Barack Obama" is what will show up when you hit "preview".

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Anyone with an interest in Canadian politics, today is your day! Here are my elections of 1999 and 2003. Expect 2005 and possibly the others up tomorrow.

6svt.png

55g.png

Ming777

Monthly Donor
Stanfield has a 2-step win, and Trudeau quits politics on election night 1974. Meanwhile the Unionists retain a solid majority, forcing Laporte's resignation as PLQ leader.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
The 1974 election comes almost straight out of TheMann's Canuckwank TL :D

Stanfield retires in '81 and is replaced by Flora MacDonald, breaking the glass ceiling a dozen years earlier than OTL. However the economic downturn and the electorate's desire for change after a decade of Tory rule hand John Turner a majority despite MacDonald's best efforts. She resigns the PC leadership on election night. A year later, in Quebec, Pierre Sauvé's Unionists ride that same downturn, Liberal scandal and his own personal popularity to a massive landslide.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I'm a little surprised at Flora's resignation. I mean she's been leader for little more than a year, must have expected her party to lose, won a respectable second place showing. She should definitely stay for at least one more election!

A few of the numbers are a bit off. His age is listed as -49, and his son is listed as being born inn 1998, a full 63 years before him. You might want to fix those first.

I don't know how to fix the age problem, he was born in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.