Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes VII (Do Not Post Current Politics or Political Figures Here)

aaaa.png

maxresdefault.jpg

QkOdBpT.png

Last edited:
George Wallace won 10 million votes and 5 states on a white supremacist platform with a turnout of 62%
Metzger here won 7 million votes and 4 states on a white supremacist platform with a turnout of 67%

I don't see why that's so weird. The name of the party sounding more racist doesn't mean the AIP wasn't as racist as this fictional party. Besides, it's a shitpost/parody of the 60s, that's why the two main candidates are literal cult leaders and the other one is a white supremacist
For some reason I misread the box and thought it said 1988, not 1968. I thought it was a 1988 as 1968 election analogy wikibox.

I guess Bush was right about WMD's in Iraq in this scenario.

Anymore lore? This is a pretty interesting scenario. I like it!
I haven't written anything concrete, but essentially:

-Bush wins smoothly in 2000, winning the PV and some other states, with Florida going to him by 5%
-Smoother transition of powers prevents 9/11 and makes Bush a more domestic focused president, and with his extra popularity and a larger GOP majority in Congress, No Child Left Behind is passed on June 2001.
-Instead of WMDs, Bush uses the gassing of Kurds and fears of a collapse as the justification to invade Iraq (with the war being seen more like the Yugoslavian interventions of OTL)
-The Great Recession is milder, instead being more like the early 1990s recession, this and less anti-Bush backlash leads Hillary to win the Dem nomination
-Romney waits until 2016 to run, instead making Huntsman the nominee in 2012
Over all, the GOP looks more like the GOP of 2004 and the Dems stay Clintonites