Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes VI (Do Not Post Current Politics or Political Figures Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's some political party infoboxes for an idea I've been kicking around

vipocMa.png

In this world you've gotta vote yellow no matter the fellow.

I’m Just Wild About Lyndon

3A55199B-6691-4FA1-B36F-99E5D53B0944.jpeg

It had taken a great deal of effort to convince Roosevelt to drop Henry Wallace, whom he personally liked, from the ticket. But the Democratic insiders could tell Roosevelt’s health was fading, and were unwilling to let the country fall into the hands of a radical like Wallace. However the President proved unenthusiastic about possible replacements such as Harry Truman, and other major candidates such as John Byrnes all had other issues. Someone then brought up the possibility of Lyndon Johnson, and Roosevelt found the idea very appealing. Johnson was young, only 36 years old, and had not even completed a full Senate term, having been narrowly elected in a Special Vote in 1941. However Roosevelt had taken a liking to the man ever since he was a newly elected Congressman. Party bosses hoped Johnson’s youth would make him susceptible to control, although those who had worked with the man expressed doubt at this idea. Nonetheless, despite complaints from the Wallace Camp about Johnson’s views on race and alleged skepticism of some New Deal programs, Johnson was duly selected as the Democratic Party’s Vice Presidential Nominee.

Johnson would campaign vigorously for the ticket, despite personal doubts about the limited role the Vice President played, and would help the Democrats carry 36 states and 432 Electoral Votes in November[1]. As Vice President he would occasionally feel isolated, although as Roosevelt’s health continued to collapse an effort was made to include Johnson on more Cabinet businesses. On April 12, 1945 Franklin Roosevelt died, and the next day Lyndon Baines Johnson became the youngest President in American history.

1: The exact same map as OTL, so it won’t be getting its own box.

you can get a lot of slave states out of Mexico and Central America
I think it would be more interesting if instead of a golden circle IRL, instead we had an American Colonialism wank.
At least it would be more realistic and would last longer without becoming some sort of hypothetical dystopia.

States stretching down into Central America and overseas colonies
Okay, the overseas part is cool, but i just think it would be more unique and less "generic dystopia-ish" if it didn't have the slavery and dominant party part. Instead, it would be an oversized empire collapsing upon itself but in a more peaceful way. I would look forward to that. :)

Okay, the overseas part is cool, but i just think it would be more unique and less "generic dystopia-ish" if it didn't have the slavery and dominant party part. Instead, it would be an oversized empire collapsing upon itself but in a more peaceful way. I would look forward to that. :)
Why don't you just make this idea a reality yourself, then?

(Even if I disagree that an uber-colonial America [who definitely would lash out at Latin America first to expand into] wouldn't become something of a dystopia for much, if not all of its history. It would be a shitty place to live for a very long time.)

I think it would be more interesting if instead of a golden circle IRL, instead we had an American Colonialism wank.
At least it would be more realistic and would last longer without becoming some sort of hypothetical dystopia.
I mean, an American empire that devotes itself to global conquests would be a dystopia for the local folks, no?

I mean, an American empire that devotes itself to global conquests would be a dystopia for the local folks, no?
Emphasis on the hypothetical. I know it would be dystopical anyways, but the slavery adds a lot to it being purely hypothetical and less of a feasible thing.

Any updates on the planned biweekly infobox contest? If the person who proposed it is busy I'm willing to organize it.

No One Lives Forever... That is... Unless You're Theodore Roosevelt
Teddy.png

Based on an older post called Eternal Teddy

Last edited:
Here's a follow up to my previous post,
Vampires included!
CURSED.png

(Berlin, Tokyo, Hanoi, and the entirety of Afghanistan are probably nuclear hellscapes)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.