Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes VI (Do Not Post Current Politics or Political Figures Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bk6p2ww.png
Challenge Accepted. The easiest way to make this electoral map make sense is to put the parties into alliances. I split it into three different alliances for ease and time saving.
People's Alliance - Democratic Party+Progressive Party+Populist Party
States Rights Alliance - Nullifier Party+American Independent Party+Constitutional Union+Dixiecrat+Democratic-Republican Party+Southern Democratic Party
National Alliance - Republican Party+Whig Party+Federalist Party+National Republican+Anti-Masonic Party

For candidates I used FaceApp to combine the faces of a modern politician and a historical one.
The various running mates is to each party in the alliance nominating a different Vice-Presidential Candidate.

In this way, the electoral map would be the same, but it's a more realistic situation.
I was thinking something along these lines myself

eL4EfqW.png

It always seemed to me that a small independent Eastern European country led by a deformed king-dictator-occultist-inventor fits into the interwar period much better than into the sixties.

Last edited:
A worse Red Scare leads to calls for a firm hand at the tiller, and who better than the man who helmed the American Expeditionary Force? It takes a few ballots at the convention, but John J. Pershing finds himself heading the ticket. Inexperienced in matters of politics, he is unable to prevent the convention from stampeding to nominate Calvin Coolidge.

The Democrats meanwhile nominate Acting President and Secretary of State Robert Lansing (Thomas Marshall is dead, and Lansing isn’t interested in letting Edith Wilson take power) A. Mitchell Palmer is added to the ticket because, hey, worse Red Scare. Lansing is unfortunately rather associated with the unpopular League of Nations, and not the best campaigner, and thus Pershing’s own dry style does not hamper the general. He wins in a landslide.

1B1836DE-15B7-43DA-971B-C8753C0A2DF4.jpeg

A worse Red Scare leads to calls for a firm hand at the tiller, and who better than the man who helmed the American Expeditionary Force? It takes a few ballots at the convention, but John J. Pershing finds himself heading the ticket. Inexperienced in matters of politics, he is unable to prevent the convention from stampeding to nominate Calvin Coolidge.

The Democrats meanwhile nominate Acting President and Secretary of State Robert Lansing (Thomas Marshall is dead, and Lansing isn’t interested in letting Edith Wilson take power) A. Mitchell Palmer is added to the ticket because, hey, worse Red Scare. Lansing is unfortunately rather associated with the unpopular League of Nations, and not the best campaigner, and thus Pershing’s own dry style does not hamper the general. He wins in a landslide.

View attachment 606468
How did you make the map look exactly like Wikipedia's?

Deleted member 81475

How did you make the map look exactly like Wikipedia's?

I'm a novice at it, but I believe you can download an OTL election's map as a .svg file. That file can then be edited in Notepad++ to add faithless electors, change the colors of states, alter candidate names, and so on. From there you re-upload to Wikimedia Commons to use.

Are these part of your TV TL?
They're part of the revision of that timeline I'm working on. Between work and other obligations, I've dealing with a bit of writer's block. I've gotten the timeline rewritten up until about the year 2000. I'm trying to get my creative juices going by creating the film boxes. Since, I won't really be covering them directly in the timeline, I thought I throw out some ideas here. I have a few more that I want to do to round out the 70s.

Status
Not open for further replies.