Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes IV (Do not post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Aberdeen Uprising is considered by many contemporary historians to be the start of the Cascadia National Awakening. Aberdeen, a small town on the edge of the Olympic Peninsula previously best known as the birth place of late 20th century musician Kurt Cobain, became the center of national attention when a group of Cascadian patriots known as the Cascadia National Liberation Front (unrelated to the current ruling party of Cascadia) took the town with the help of sympathetic local police officers. Although initially met with skepticism, the CNLF's program of aid and assistance to the economically depressed white residents of the former mill town won them support, as did the confiscation and redistribution of Jewish and Hispanic property. However, the honeymoon would be short lived, as the town soon found itself surrounded by a United States government blockade along Highways 12, 101, and 105. With hopes of similar uprisings in the nearby towns of Hoquiam and Montesano now dashed, many members of the CNLF, along with their new allies, retreated north to a remote base in Olympic National Park.

Events that followed the subsequent reoccupation by the United States military continue to be shrouded in mystery, with the Cascadian government claiming that a massacre of thousands of unarmed white civilians occurred, an event memorialized in the prominent Aberdeen Martyrs Patriotic Monument. Meanwhile the United States government, for its part, claims only a minor armed battle between the Washington National Guard and remaining CNLF cadres occurred. Disputes over these details continue to affect relations between Seattle and Chicago to this day.

VQlbzx6.png

Is the current Cascadian state an actual neo-fascist dictatorship, or just Ukraine/Azerbaijan-esque in its embellishment of history?

So I'm going to post an election box. Because I want to, and nobody gets to tell me what I can or cannot do with my brain. If you don't enjoy it, that's your problem. But don't hate on me for expressing an idea.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In 1968, the political wold was surprised as Florida Representative and former Senator Claude Pepper entered the race for the Democratic nomination running on an anti-war and progressive platform, upsetting incumbent President Johnson in the New Hampshire primary. Johnson withdrew and convinced VP Hubert Humphrey to run. He never entered the primaries and attempted to influence delegates on the outside of the primary. However, this didn't work, with Pepper gaining endorsements from some of the south and much of the north, and thanks to his anti-war views, captured the nomination on the 3rd ballot of the DNC in Chicago. He chose fellow peacenik Eugene McCarthy to be his running mate.

The Republican race was wide open. The liberals and moderates were weak, and Nixon refused to run, sticking with his 1962 pledge. Reagan said he wanted to serve as Governor for a full term before running for president. To fill the void was southern conservative and former Democrat Claude Kirk, the Governor of Florida. The south and the conservative west pushed him to the nomination easily over Nelson Rockefeller and George Romney. He selected moderate conservative Governor of Maryland Spiro Agnew to be his running mate, hoping to lock down the South.

Pepper and Kirk were more similar than they were different. For example, both supported liberal economic policies, Kirk was just more moderate than Pepper. The only significant differences were on the war and civil rights. Kirk was against civil rights and pro-war, and Pepper was the opposite. Because of this, typical Republican turnout dropped as the narrative became a "Democrat vs. Democrat race". Regardless of this, the election was remarkably close, with many of the previous election coalitions being shattered by the unique demographics that the candidates brought out. In the end, it was Illinois that decided the race, going for Pepper by 12,687 votes, delivering the White House to Pepper and the Democrats for the third term in a row.
claudevclaude.PNG
claudevclaudemap.png

And now, Japan.
----

"I... Among the Aishis, it was family tradition for any males who had the misfortune to marry into the bloodline to take the Aishi family name. I hated it. Deep inside, I really, really hated her for doing this to me - but I could never escape. Not until her death."
~ Taro Yamada, the husband of the late Ayano Aishi, in an interview about his life experiences.

"Even without taking her murderous nature and the crimes of the entire Aishi bloodline throughout history into account, Ayano Aishi was an... awkward prime minister. While she did introduce some reforms into Japanese society, she weakened the justice system in a careless way to prevent anyone from learning of her family's crimes (or convicting her, for that matter), she used her position in the government for personal gain, and she caused an extreme cooldown in Japan's foreign relations, especially where it hurt most: in East Asia. I don't think she was truly concerned for Japan, from her inauguration as Prime Minister to her execution."
~ Tanji Fumiaki, a Japanese politologist, regarding Ayano Aishi.

"If not for Mr. Yoshikawa walking in just as Ayano has left her husband alone, that monster would have never been taken down."
~ A Japanese journalist on the so-called "Aishigate" of 2044.

6wgk85d.png

Last edited:
"I... Among the Aishis, it was family tradition for any males who had the misfortune to marry into the bloodline to take the Aishi family name. I hated it. Deep inside, I really, really hated her for doing this to me - but I could never escape. Not until her death."
~ Taro Yamada, the husband of the late Ayano Aishi, in an interview about his life experiences.

"Even without taking her murderous nature and the crimes of the entire Aishi bloodline throughout history into account, Ayano Aishi was an... awkward prime minister. While she did introduce some reforms into Japanese society, she weakened the justice system in a careless way to prevent anyone from learning of her family's crimes (or convicting her, for that matter), she used her position in the government for personal gain, and she caused an extreme cooldown in Japan's foreign relations, especially where it hurt most: in East Asia. I don't think she was truly concerned for Japan, from her inauguration as Prime Minister to her execution."
~ Tanji Fumiaki, a Japanese politologist, regarding Ayano Aishi.

"If not for Mr. Yoshikawa walking in just as Ayano has left her husband alone, that monster would have never been taken down."
~ A Japanese journalist on the so-called "Aishigate" of 2044.

6wgk85d.png

bf3cd8366339eef7490042b9fa93f0d9c5be2f84_hq.jpg

And @Georgepatton, what is the Society of Heroes? They have a cool name, are they allied with the Red Cords?
They come from a similar tradition, yes, but they combine their political activities with operation as a mutual aid society for their members. Sometimes this shades into what might outwardly be considered unhealthy in-group tendencies, but it's not like they aren't good people doing good things for others.

"I met her for first time when I was sent to Yugoslavia by Congress...in...late 1993, and later, she talked many times with me, and we fell in love with that pretty girl. I brought her to America and she's very happy as me in our marriage."
President-elect Bernie Sanders about his 20th anniversary of marriage with Melania Sanders (Dec 2016)
aC1lZid.png

Deloria

Banned
The International Criminal Court is a nonprofit, independent postnational historical society dedicated to the preservation and categorization of artifacts and documentation detailing criminal acts and atrocities committed during conflicts throughout human history, with a special focus on the events of the 20th and 21st centuries. Though it is affiliated with the United Nations Preservation Project (UNPP), it is not a subordinate branch of that organization, and is funded solely through the donations and grants of private individuals and institutions. The ICC is headquartered in the Pedro Iwamoto Mausoleum and Memorial Complex on the Martian moon Heritage (previously known as Deimos), where it houses its extensive archives of pre-cataclysm historical material and the War Crimes Museum. The current curator of the Museum is Esther Freeman, a former Papuan ANZAC colonel wanted for questioning by Indonesian Fleet Intelligence in connection with atrocities committed by Australian forces at the Battle of Phobos. Since neither Australia or Indonesia exist anymore, Freeman has little to be anxious about and is enjoying her retirement.

War Crimes Museum.png

The Supreme Jama'ah
Adlai Holman
Saigon Arcological Reclamation Community
United States of America

Last edited:

Wallet

Banned
houseofcards_by_fjihr-datu3hn.png

This is a backstory for House of Cards (the American version).

Gore wins a couple thousand more votes in Florida, winning him the election. His term is quite controversial, and sees fights on whether Bill Clinton and the Democrats are to blame for not figuring out that 9/11 was going to happen, and also whether or not a war in Iraq is justified, with Gore firmly opposed to it. In 2004, Rudy Giulani wins the Republican nomination on an anti-terrorism platform. However, ignoring social issues proves to alienate many voters who saw the economy as an important issue, allowing an unpopular Gore to narrowly win the election despite controversially losing the popular vote. His second term grows even more controversial, and Gore's popularity further recedes. The 2006 midterms makes Congress extremely red, far redder than ever before, and the subprime mortgage bubble pops, bringing about a massive recession. In 2008, Howard Dean, perceived as a radical leftist (further amplified by his running mate's support of gay rights) loses in a massive landslide to Mitt Romney. Despite lowering taxes substantially and eliminating the estate tax, the recession continues at full throttle.

Garrett Walker, a fairly right-wing Democrat and a former CEO, narrowly beats Romney in 2012 in an election that further stratifies the right-wing politics of the US. His term goes fairly disastrously, and a scandal leads to his resignation. Frank Underwood (who replaced Jim Matthews as Vice President) proves to be just as controversial, seen as a machine politician. Heather Dunbar, a progressive Democrat famed for her opposition to corruption, attempts to primary Underwood. However, when Underwood gets shot and nearly dies as a result, Dunbar's opposition to Underwood is seen as treasonous, resulting in her defeat. At the Democratic National Convention, the vice presidency is deemed an open convention by Underwood, where, in a bizarre moment in American history, his own wife is nominated as his running mate. Despite polls suggesting him losing in a landslide to the media-savvy and youthful Republican candidate Will Conway, ultimately a series of scandals as well as many other unfortunate gaffes working against Conway results in Underwood winning the election despite losing the popular vote by almost four million votes, alleged fraud by Underwood's campaign notwithstanding.
Conway is from New York

SPOILERS SPOILERS

There is a ICO terrorist attack that leads to a public online beheading on us soil. Good rally behind the flag effect

Status
Not open for further replies.