Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes IV (Do not post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it. Is there any context or background to this election?

From what I can recall I did draw up a list for it, but I'm unsure if I ever posted it. All I can remember was that at the time I wanted to try and make Canadian politics more Scandinavian, and based on PR.

ufM6ER0.png

The spotted gnoll is one of the four extant sapient hyenas, the other three being the brown gnoll, striped gnoll and the aardgnoll. One of the many, many species accidentally infected with the airborne strain of the "uplifting virus", the powerful, well-organized gnoll was one of the many species that were the most problematic during the Uplift Wars. Mostly residing in the African savannah, the spotted ghoul, however, is one of the most common uplifts in Africa, if not the most well-liked.

There are also problems regarding misandry in spotted gnoll society.

WE DON'T WANT YOUR FUCKING WAR
In the aftermath of the overthrow of the United States government by black panther and youth forces, there was immense chaos. In order to deal with the riots, Chairman Hoffman deployed thousands of pounds-worth of LSD into the water systems of Alabama and Louisiana. This was codenamed 'Operation Sunshine' and would not be revealed until the declassification of the 'Hoffman files' in 1976. Hoffman would also introduce a variety of reforms, with the interim council serving as little more than a rubber stamp. Included would be the abolition of the 'crackerjack' electoral college, instant ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment, complete legalization of all illegal substances (with LSD and Cannabis becoming government subsidized industries), instituted majority rule in the southern states which provoked the aforementioned riots, and relocation of reactionary individuals. This list would often overlap with members of both pre-revolution parties. Lyndon Johnson had been granted a pardon as Hoffman realized he would smoke himself to death sooner or later, but the same leniency was not granted to Reagen and Agnew, crackers that they were.

Texas would secede in the first year of the Hoffman regime, and due to the drastic military cuts brought about as part of the mass withdrawal from the world stage, US forces were ordered not to retake the new nation-state. Elections were desired by the public, who were unsatisfied with Hoffman's continual power grabs. Internal disputes would also plague the revolutionary administration as moderates grew in influence and the hardliners found themselves cornered. An election would be forthcoming, however, but two years later than per usual.

The primaries were not originally competitive affairs. The Democratic and Republican parties had been outlawed, and as such, new rudimentary parties had been set up. First to come would be the Black Panther Alliance, the obvious successor to the original organization. It quickly nominated activist Eldrige Cleaver after Angela Davis was wounded in a car accident. He would pick Revolutionary News Network anchor Laureen Hobbs, who was viewed with suspicion by the redder factions of the nascent party. The choice for non-black nationalists would be the Peace party, which was beset by the nomination of psychologist Timothy Leary, who took the crown in a tight race against People's Representatives George McGovern and Warren Beatty. The late entrance of author Issac Asimov is widely viewed to have contributed to the election of Leary, who would see the numbers of the Peace party dwindle as he preferred to speak about his theories on the human condition.

Two parties would upend the election. Firstly was the New American Union party, a right wing front set up by former Congressman John Ashbrook, who was too unknown to have been relocated, and businessman Joseph Coors, who rejected calls to stand. Instead, it would coronate New York businessman Fred Trump, whose campaign would be managed by his son Donald. Trump aimed to win on the back of voters who desired the pre-revolutionary era, hence his slogan 'Bringing America Back'. In a sop to 50's nostalgia, Trump selected the famed actor John Wayne. Also in the mix was the Psychedelic Front, a fairly self-explanatory party formed out of a desire to endorse a pro-drug agenda. Winning that party's nomination would be Grateful Dead frontman Jerry Garcia in a close race with Frank Zappa.

The general election campain would be dominated by questions over the competence of the Hoffman administration. Trump would take full advantage of the situation, spending copious amounts of money on anti-Hoffman advertising. There was little need for Trump to do little else, as the opposition was hopelessly divided between the three candidates. Garcia openly consumed LSD at campaign events, something that would offend voters in the midwest, while Cleaver's support was limited to begin with. The NAU used old Republican campaign infrastructure to rack up huge margins out west and make inroads with working class voters in cities like Boston and Lansing, which were undergoing economic decline due to mismanagement of funds.

A runoff would not be required, as Trump carried 50.6% of the popular vote. All four candidates would carry states, though Cleaver would perform better than expected. The only other party in the election would be the Feminist Liberation Coalition, headed by Gloria Steinem, which took in 1% of the vote. One thing was apparent - the RAR was to be on its way out, as Trump planned to reintroduce the electoral college and senate.

1jRodq.png

Well that's... interesting.

How did the youth and the black panthers win?

I'm sorry.

First off, chill

Second off, be grateful for what you do get because this thread is finicky and picky and it makes no sense--you'll have to learn to live with the random whims and wills of the people in this thread (the only guaranteed way to 20 likes and a page of comments is an alternate 1968 presidential election where Humphrey gets an extra .5% of the popular vote and wins like two extra states)

You do good and original work, which is sorely lacking here

First off, chill

Second off, be grateful for what you do get because this thread is finicky and picky and it makes no sense--you'll have to learn to live with the random whims and wills of the people in this thread (the only guaranteed way to 20 likes and a page of comments is an alternate 1968 presidential election where Humphrey gets an extra .5% of the popular vote and wins like two extra states)

You do good and original work, which is sorely lacking here

Okay. I'll be grateful. Good advice.

Sabot Cat

Banned
First off, chill

upload_2016-12-28_13-23-10.png

Status
Not open for further replies.