Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes IV (Do not post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's amazing what 2016 has done. Before the election almost every single electionbox on this site featuring Clinton had her defeating some kind of Republican challenger. She was unstoppable. Now that she's lost, it seems as though every future use of her will be her blowing an almost universally guaranteed victory.
Stunning.

It's keeping balance in the multiverse. Before the election I saw one, maybe two, realistic Trumpboxes. Both scenarios focused on the absurdity of a Trump presidency, taking an OTL victory for Clinton as a foregone conclusion which required handwavium to avoid. Our collective take on the strength of Clinton as a candidate was so wrong, it simply feels natural to veer 180 degrees in the opposite direction now. That and McCain doesn't get enough AH love. Hugs for McCain everyone.

It's keeping balance in the multiverse. Before the election I saw one, maybe two, realistic Trumpboxes. Both scenarios focused on the absurdity of a Trump presidency, taking an OTL victory for Clinton as a foregone conclusion which required handwavium to avoid. Our collective take on the strength of Clinton as a candidate was so wrong, it simply feels natural to veer 180 degrees in the opposite direction now. That and McCain doesn't get enough AH love. Hugs for McCain everyone.

Agreed. President McCain lost some of its luster thanks in part to Palin. We need more McCain.

Screenshot (16).png

First presidential infobox. Sorry for the semi-low quality, I did my best.

NTcIFOD.png

Connecticut is the southwestern most province of the contiguous New England provinces. It is bordered by Rhode Island to the east, Massachusetts to the North, the United States to the west, and Long Island Sound to the south. Its capitol city is Hartford, and the most populous city is New Haven.

The province is extremely economically diverse, the most in the nation. Eastern Connecticut along the sound is a shipbuilding hub, with the cities of New London and Groton hosting the Royal Navy Yard and being the homeport of the New England Navy's southern squadron. To the north, Windham and Tolland County are rural in nature, hosting many provincial parks and largely lacking suburban development. Their main economic basis remains agriculture and out of county work. Litchfield County to the west is the same, with the only industry of note being in Torrington and down the Naugatuck River.

The three powerhouses of the state are Hartford, New Haven, and Fairfield Counties. Hartford County hosts the Capitol Region, the most densely populated region of the state. The City of Hartford is the nation's insurance capital, with all but two insurance agencies located within the Capitol Region. New England Health Care, the Commonwealth's national medical insurance, has its department in Hartford, the only federal bureaucracy that is located outside of Boston.

New Haven County is the industrial backbone of the Commonwealth of New England, hosting most of the famed "Factory Belt" from East Haven north to Waterbury south to Bridgeport. Federal policies have protected manufacturing in New England, and nowhere else has this resonated stronger than in southern New Haven County. The working class dominates local politics, and Unions are extremely strong. Suburban development has been stunted in this county, and working-class towns like Naugatuck, Meriden, and Ansonia with tightly compacted housing near factories dominate the landscape. A recent federal survey only found that five towns in the entire county could be classified as suburban, Wolcott, Southbury, Prospect, Madison, and Guilford.

Fairfield County is considered the most economically diverse county in the province. To the east, bordering New Haven county, the Factory Belt extends into Bridgeport and Fairfield. Bridgeport, being the location of the third largest port in New England, is the centre of auto manufacturing in the country. To the north, rural agriculture and suburban development dominate in the towns of Sherman, New Fairfield, Brookfield, and Newtown. The southwestern portion of the county is focused on finance, with many of its residents working in the Tri-City Area. Many Brooklyn offices have satellite offices in Stamford, making it a city in its own right.

Our Fair County Wikiboxes

City of Brooklyn
United States presidential election, 1800
New Haven Railroad
Spirit of New England
Jeffrey Skilling
Cabinet of Jeffrey Skilling

NTcIFOD.png

Connecticut is the southwestern most province of the contiguous New England provinces. It is bordered by Rhode Island to the east, Massachusetts to the North, the United States to the west, and Long Island Sound to the south. Its capitol city is Hartford, and the most populous city is New Haven.

The province is extremely economically diverse, the most in the nation. Eastern Connecticut along the sound is a shipbuilding hub, with the cities of New London and Groton hosting the Royal Navy Yard and being the homeport of the New England Navy's southern squadron. To the north, Windham and Tolland County are rural in nature, hosting many provincial parks and largely lacking suburban development. Their main economic basis remains agriculture and out of county work. Litchfield County to the west is the same, with the only industry of note being in Torrington and down the Naugatuck River.

The three powerhouses of the state are Hartford, New Haven, and Fairfield Counties. Hartford County hosts the Capitol Region, the most densely populated region of the state. The City of Hartford is the nation's insurance capital, with all but two insurance agencies located within the Capitol Region. New England Health Care, the Commonwealth's national medical insurance, has its department in Hartford, the only federal bureaucracy that is located outside of Boston.

New Haven County is the industrial backbone of the Commonwealth of New England, hosting most of the famed "Factory Belt" from East Haven north to Waterbury south to Bridgeport. Federal policies have protected manufacturing in New England, and nowhere else has this resonated stronger than in southern New Haven County. The working class dominates local politics, and Unions are extremely strong. Suburban development has been stunted in this county, and working-class towns like Naugatuck, Meriden, and Ansonia with tightly compacted housing near factories dominate the landscape. A recent federal survey only found that five towns in the entire county could be classified as suburban, Wolcott, Southbury, Prospect, Madison, and Guilford.

Fairfield County is considered the most economically diverse county in the province. To the east, bordering New Haven county, the Factory Belt extends into Bridgeport and Fairfield. Bridgeport, being the location of the third largest port in New England, is the centre of auto manufacturing in the country. To the north, rural agriculture and suburban development dominate in the towns of Sherman, New Fairfield, Brookfield, and Newtown. The southwestern portion of the county is focused on finance, with many of its residents working in the Tri-City Area. Many Brooklyn offices have satellite offices in Stamford, making it a city in its own right.

Our Fair County Wikiboxes

City of Brooklyn
United States presidential election, 1800
New Haven Railroad
Spirit of New England
Jeffrey Skilling
Cabinet of Jeffrey Skilling
Whoawhoawhoawhoawhoa. Don't do the Province of Massachusetts, 'cause I wanna do the Province of Massachusetts.

The Province of Massachusetts in the Canadian Republic rather than in the Commonwelath of New England, but still.

"If we are to restore the greatness of America, we must follow the way of progress. The first half of the 21st century and the downfall of the United States have proved the inefficiency of the establishment's reign. There mustn't be an elite but one for the people; there mustn't be an elite but one of merit. Come with me, America. I am Kylie Kangjon, and we will restore the United States as the superpower it deserves to be."
~ Kangjon's campaign announcement speech, April 13, 2084

"Some believe otherwise, but we still remember what Russia did to us. Look at Vlad. I'm not saying that I hate Vlad for his Russian descent, but look at him. Look at his actions. He's about as integrated into American culture as a Middle Eastern terrorist. He is sympathetic to Tyumen. How can we trust him, a Russian to the core, to restore the United States' greatness?"
~ An excerpt from Democratic nominee Joshua Tyrell's chat with one of his "friends", July 22, 2084. The chat was leaked by Alaskan hackers and was one of the primary causes of Joshua Tyrell dropping out of the race.

"Thank you, America. Thank you all for your choice. As President, I will ensure that the United States of America will flourish."
~ Vladimir Butovsky's inauguration speech, November 4, 2084.

FGswRIM.png

xnundhW.png

Any questions? I would like to say something more, but I haven't got anything planned and it's getting late.

Status
Not open for further replies.