Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes II

Status
Not open for further replies.
From a Baldwinpunk/Crippspunk scenario where the party system in Britain tends towards Brazil-style broad fronts of vaguely compatible parties. For full continental bonus points, the official Communist party has migrated to the centre, while the SDP is on the centre-right, like in Portugal. There is a genuine micro-party which wishes to repeal the Magna Carta IOTL.

MazdaIsARolleyes.png

MazdaIsARolleyes.png

Gian

Banned
From a Baldwinpunk/Crippspunk scenario where the party system in Britain tends towards Brazil-style broad fronts of vaguely compatible parties. For full continental bonus points, the official Communist party has migrated to the centre, while the SDP is on the centre-right, like in Portugal. There is a genuine micro-party which wishes to repeal the Magna Carta IOTL.

So Sinn Fein is "Fianna Fail" ITTL. Then what happens to the Irish Fianna Fail?

Mebyon Kernow's translation is Sons of Cornwall, by the way.

Oh right, sorry. I got confused between that and their slogan, which is 'Party for...', IIRC.

So Sinn Fein is "Fianna Fail" ITTL. Then what happens to the Irish Fianna Fail?

It's the same party, operating on both sides of the border, as with OTL Sinn Fein. The difference is that the Troubles don't happen ITTL, so FF is the obvious Republican party to open up the Ulster market.

danczukommunist

the peoples nige dividend

detonates the bridges

I am not fit to phreshen the dankness from under your table.

I am not fit to phreshen the dankness from under your table.

The more I look, the more philthy memes I see.

The Lloyd George 'It's OUR Family' Party?

Chris Grayling leads the SDP [ROY JENKINS PLANTS NAPALM INSIDE ALAN SKED'S HOUSE]

Douglas Carswell IS William Gladstone

Tom Black has a little cry as Diane Abbott stands astride the party he loves, like a colossus.

This kek is so top it's practically gone through the ceiling.

This is just pure awesome! :D

Beautiful...simply beautiful...:D

I've wanted to do an "America as Brazil" project for some time. Maybe when school gets less stressful, I'll do it.

View attachment 272393

That's perfectly insane.

Independence Day Wiki

Since Independence Day: Resurgence is due out in a couple of months, I thought I'd make a glimpse into the wikipedia post War of 1996 to see what became of one of one of the biggest science fiction series of the 90s.

Capture gbgfr.JPG

Capture gbgfr.JPG

Somib Arbitral Elections, 2238

The Election of 2238 is considered one of the most important in the history of Somibthramesdas, marking critical changes in the functioning of the state. With the death of the previous Arbiter, Anta Serri, her charistmatic, nationalistic heir Saevi Vates would become the most popular candidate for the highest position in the Somib government.

Vates' populist rhetoric and increasing ethnic and religious tensions between traditionalist Somib Majority, the Eightmen, and the Donzhe would bring about a strong divide, with many houses in the senate rejecting the consenus vote, resulting in the first contested election in centuries. The Eightmen families would unite around the recent eightman-Somib converts of House Atorida, particularly their senatorial representative Amatelia Carridi, while the Donzhe tribes would pick General Mokala Statsen as their candidate.

These two groups would together win all of the non-Somib votes in the Senate, but the rest went to Saevi Vates, and so the (in)famous fifty-one year reign of the White Queen, and the crises and conquests that came with it, would begin.

Somib election.png

Somib Arbitral Elections, 2238

The Election of 2238 is considered one of the most important in the history of Somibthramesdas, marking critical changes in the functioning of the state. With the death of the previous Arbiter, Anta Serri, her charistmatic, nationalistic heir Saevi Vates would become the most popular candidate for the highest position in the Somib government.

Vates' populist rhetoric and increasing ethnic and religious tensions between traditionalist Somib Majority, the Eightmen, and the Donzhe would bring about a strong divide, with many houses in the senate rejecting the consenus vote, resulting in the first contested election in centuries. The Eightmen families would unite around the recent eightman-Somib converts of House Atorida, particularly their senatorial representative Amatelia Carridi, while the Donzhe tribes would pick General Mokala Statsen as their candidate.

These two groups would together win all of the non-Somib votes in the Senate, but the rest went to Saevi Vates, and so the (in)famous fifty-one year reign of the White Queen, and the crises and conquests that came with it, would begin.

Interresting but weird.

Backstory?

Interresting but weird.

Backstory?

This is a fantasy world I am building up, and I was inspired to make a Wikibox from it.

The country being depicted it the Republic of Somibthramesdas, the equivalent of the Roman Empire in this part of the world. It is ruled by various families, some of the most powerful hold land and representation on the Senate, the legislative body of the Republic. The Senate is run mostly through deliberation, with some traditional voting on the side, as seen here when there is dispute of the election of the Arbiter. The Arbiter represents the nation in foreign affairs, guides discussion on the senate floor and votes when the Senate is tied.

The Eightmen are a religious group that emerged east of the republic and have started migrating westwards due to warfare in their homeland. They've been gaining many converts in the Republic, threatening the traditional religious authorities. During the White Queens reign, a civil war breaks out between the Eightmen and the traditionalists, resulting in the Eightmen being killed or evicted from the core territories of the empire (The region in the top-left corner).

The Donzhe are a collection of related ethnic groups living south of the republic, and in the last few decades much of their land has been subjugated and incorporated into the republic. Recently, a couple Donzhe tribes have been given power inside the Republic, while the Donzhe outside the republic have had a religious revival and political unification movement. This election (alongside the assassination of Mokala Statsen a few years after it) will start a decades long war between the United Kingdom of the Donzhe and the Republic of Somibthramesdas.

XzwaZvc.png

The Sierra States are the southern portion of the Mexican Cession (1848). Their heavily Catholic populations tended to oppose slavery, and thus the disposal of the territories became a significant factor in the leadup to the American Civil War (1861-63).

Due to the region's hot, arid climate and lack of developed infrastructure, population growth was slow, and it was well into the 20th century before the last of the territories became states. While the coastlines are now well-settled, the interior is still underdeveloped- a famous study in the 1980s showed that, at safe driving speeds, it took only an hour longer to drive 1100 miles from San Diego to Mazatlan than 720 miles from Mazatlan to Tampico.

Due to the rise of cheaper, more compact air conditioning units and heat sinks, populations across the region, as well as in the Upper Southwest, have been increasing slowly. Demographically, the region is overwhelmingly Catholic white, though with significant by-way-of-California populations on the west coast and Southern whites on the east coast, though the rise of cheap, compact air conditioning units and heat sinks is increasing internal migration into the area, and a significant fraction of several local economies is based on wintering Northeasterners.

Other wikiboxes include:
TAP files and TapDance players (shared)
Alice Roberts, Mammon, and Asmodeus (shared)
University of the United States
Fireman's Cola
GPLUT
Major comic book producers
TBLG rights in Norway
Mayor John Marshal 'Big Mike' Davenport
InTouch
Oregonian Space Agency
South Carolina Gubernatorial Election
North Carolina Gubernatorial Election

Due to the rise of cheaper, more compact air conditioning units and heat sinks, populations across the region, as well as in the Upper Southwest, have been increasing slowly. Demographically, the region is overwhelmingly Catholic white, though with significant by-way-of-California populations on the west coast and Southern whites on the east coast, though the rise of cheap, compact air conditioning units and heat sinks is increasing internal migration into the area, and a significant fraction of several local economies is based on wintering Northeasterners.

So it's basically Florida, but less humidity and more cactus?

And as I say that, I realize I'm describing OTL Arizona..

Status
Not open for further replies.