Alternate Electoral Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
hqIOqCt.png

Last edited:
"Sources say the Legislatures of the Pacific states will just stay in NAFTA, even if that means leaving the United States"
"Hell, if 'Pacifica' and New England leave, there's a chance Chicago could pursue independence as a city-state in NAFTA"

Thande

Donor
Interesting. This was based mainly on DEMOGRAPHICS wasn't it?

I remember somebody on another site mapped the actual Congressional vote on NATO in the membership in the 90s, of course that doesn't mean their constituents would vote the same way.

Interesting. This was based mainly on DEMOGRAPHICS wasn't it?

I remember somebody on another site mapped the actual Congressional vote on NATO in the membership in the 90s, of course that doesn't mean their constituents would vote the same way.

Yes - I have not found any state level data for NAFTA approval or disapproval.

I fixed the African-American vote, Asian vote, and Hispanic (using Mixed-Race as the UK stand-in) to the respective Brexit numbers. Since 57% of University holders in the UK voted for Remain, I put College Educated Whites at that figure, then adjusted the White Working Class to the share necessary to get a 52% finish for Leave (which means here, the White Working Class support for Leave is higher by about a 10% margin).

Then, I adjusted by the amount states exceeded or undershot the per capita income of the nation as a whole (with higher income areas getting an additional boost towards Remain, and lower incomes towards Leave). This moved some margins around and flipped Virginia and Minnesota to Remain, while putting Maine in Leave.

Finally, I got rid of the pro-Mormon house effect of Romney (since I don't think there's a particular reason for Mormons to be opposed to Free Trade) by using 2008 numbers for states with high Mormon populations, and distributed those Leave votes into the Rust Belt states.

"Sources say the Legislatures of the Pacific states will just stay in NAFTA, even if that means leaving the United States"
"Hell, if 'Pacifica' and New England leave, there's a chance Chicago could pursue independence as a city-state in NAFTA"
"Meanwhile, the election of Eleanor Holmes-Norton as Mayor of the Washington Metropolitan Administrative and Tax Authority to succeed Congressman and outgoing mayor Patrick Buchanan has sparked several strong calls for a Washington independence movement.

A WMATA spokesperson responded to these petitions in the following statement: "The Red Line is delayed again. Forever."

"Meanwhile, the election of Eleanor Holmes-Norton as Mayor of the Washington Metropolitan Administrative and Tax Authority to succeed Congressman and outgoing mayor Patrick Buchanan has sparked several strong calls for a Washington independence movement.

A WMATA spokesperson responded to these petitions in the following statement: "The Red Line is delayed again. Forever."
Two quick comments relating to actual reality. :)
Path Buchanan couldn't get elected mayor in anything that called itself Washington Metropolitan unless it went half way to Atlanta.
The Red Line doesn't have any expansion planned. "The Silver Line is delayed again. Forever" makes slightly more sense...

But given the lack of connection with reality... :)

Two quick comments relating to actual reality. :)
Path Buchanan couldn't get elected mayor in anything that called itself Washington Metropolitan unless it went half way to Atlanta.
The Red Line doesn't have any expansion planned. "The Silver Line is delayed again. Forever" makes slightly more sense...

But given the lack of connection with reality... :)
It's not the expansion that's delayed. It's the current Red Line because of eternal track maintenance. ;)

And now for Something Slighty Different

genusmap.php

Frm. Sec. Condoleezza Rice (R-CA)-Sen. Norm Coleman (R-MN) 270 EV, 49.5% PV

Billionaire Warren Buffett (D-NE)-Gov. Ted Strickland (D-OH) 268 EV, 48.9% PV
This is a fun scenario. Not only is Rice the first African-American female President of the United States, she'd be the first Republican to win the White House while losing Ohio.

This is a fun scenario. Not only is Rice the first African-American female President of the United States, she'd be the first Republican to win the White House while losing Ohio.

Aye. I had fun twiddling the electoral map to get that result. Also I find Buffett a fun exploration for President (I once had set up the bare bones for a possible TL where Buffett runs instead of Perot).

US ELECTIONS, 2016-24

NOTE: Not too likely, just a scenario I came up with yesterday. Take this as seriously as you'd like. I plan to continue this to 2100

Despite the release of 20,000 Clinton emails a week before the election, Trump's leaked misogynistic audio tapes ruined him. Libertarian Gary Johnson managed to win 7 million votes, but won no electoral votes. He came in second in New Mexico at 31%, just 3 points behind Hillary. Evan McMullin, an Independent Conservative candidate, made history by winning Utah with 27%, only 2 points ahead of Hillary. Despite the rise of third parties, Hillary won in a landslide, earning 50% compared to Trump at 39%.
AF313w2.png
Many historians consider 2020 to be the last stand of the Republican Party. John Kasich, a Moderate Governor of Ohio, was nominated. He proved to be one of the last sane Republicans, but he alienated many Conservatives with his Liberal views on some Social issues. Kanye West, a rapper, showed interest in running for the Republican nomination, but the Republican establishment knew that would be the downfall of the Party. Kanye ran as an independent and chose Jay Z as his running mate. He barely got 6% of the popular vote. Katrina Pierson and Corey Lewandowski founded the Make America Great Again Party in 2018 and Pierson was nominated. Pierson got 11% of the popular vote. West and Pierson acted as spoilers, easily giving Hillary a second term in office.
Lvistiy.png
Jon Stewart had run for Governor of New Jersey in 2017 and won, giving him the experiance and popularity to be President as the Republican Party slowly died. Paul Ryan, a strong Conservative, was considered to be the only hope to win the White House, although Trump's candidacy may have ruined the reputation of the Republican Party. With the Libertarian nominee Austin Petersen gaining very little momentum, there was nothing in Stewart's way. Stewart had upset Tim Kaine in the Democratic Primaries and chose Tulsi Gabbard as his running mate.
Eq8bohf.png

TO BE CONTINUED...

Revenge of the Nobodies Part 1
In this mini-TL, eight 2016 Republican candidates who weren't taken seriously managed to get to the top, and fought a hard battle for the Republican Nomination

February 1, 2016: Iowa
Iowa.png

*Rick Santorum 7
*Scott Walker 7
*Chris Christie 6
*Rick Perry 4
*Bobby Jindal 3 (suspended campaign 2/2/16)
*George Pataki 2
*Lindsey Graham 1
*Jim Gilmore 0

February 9, 2016: New Hampshire
NH.png

*Chris Christie 9
*George Pataki 8
*Scott Walker 4
*Jim Gilmore 1
*Rick Santorum 1
*Lindsey Graham 0
*Rick Perry 0

February 20, 2016: South Carolina

SC.png

*Scott Walker 50
*Lindsey Graham 0 (suspended campaign 2/20/16)
*Rick Santorum 0
*Chris Christie 0
*Rick Perry 0
*George Pataki 0
*Jim Gilmore 0

February 23, 2016: Nevada
NV.png

*Chris Christie 10
*Scott Walker 9
*Rick Perry 6
*George Pataki 3
*Rick Santorum 2