Alternate Electoral Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would that even work?

Two people face off in a tightly-competed 2008-esque primary season, the loser goes independent while the other party totally collapses on the presidential level?

I mean more like one person wins their parties primary against an opponent from within the party, and in the general election they win the exact same states as they did in their primary.

Or, to help you visualize it better, imagine if Reagan won the same states in the Presidential election in 1980 as he did in the Republican primary of that year.

I mean more like one person wins their parties primary against an opponent from within the party, and in the general election they win the exact same states as they did in their primary.

Or, to help you visualize it better, imagine if Reagan won the same states in the Presidential election in 1980 as he did in the Republican primary of that year.
Oh, I see. I don't think that's ever happened, except maybe pre-'72.

Clinton nabs YUGE win against Donny on Presidential level, making 2016 be on par with 1932 as one of the best nights in the history of the Democratic party. Ds easily gain back the House majority.

Attachments

• US house elections 2016.png
    US house elections 2016.png
    96.3 KB · Views: 1,115
Clinton nabs YUGE win against Donny on Presidential level, making 2016 be on par with 1932 as one of the best nights in the history of the Democratic party. Ds easily gain back the House majority.

It feels sad seeing what one's own congressional district could have done but didn't....

That's a nice base map btw.

I think Houston may be too gerrymandered for any seats to be flippable. Although I wish James Cargas could be my representative.

genusmap.php

Decided to figure out how hard it would be for the Dems to win without California in 2020.

Turns out it isn't that hard.

The above map has...
Republicans: 231
Democrats: 223

California: 55 [Not counted because it's independent]
Florida: 29 [Green because it's the tipping point]

And just because why not... #NExit

genusmap.php

Democrats: 221
Republicans: 218

NE+California: 88 [Not counted because they're independent]
Arizona: 11 [Green because it's the tipping point]

Hell, why not #NYexit?

genusmap.php

Democrats: 203
Republicans: 203
NE+NY+CA: 117 [Not counted because they're independent]
North Carolina: 15 [Green because it's the tipping point]

#Cascadexit?
genusmap.php

Democrats: 184
Republicans: 183
Other States: 140 [Not counted because they're independent]
North Carolina+Georgia: 15 [Green because they're the tipping point. NC alone gets a tie]

To conclude this, #FLexit, #AKexit, #HIxit
genusmap.php

Republicans: 180
Democrats: 166

Other States: 176
Georgia: 16 [Tipping point]

That's right, the Democrats could literally lose all their non-Midwest safe states and still win without Ohio.

To conclude this, #FLexit, #AKexit, #HIxit
genusmap.php

Republicans: 180
Democrats: 166

Other States: 176
Georgia: 16 [Tipping point]

That's right, the Democrats could literally lose all their non-Midwest safe states and still win without Ohio.

Well, assuming they actually pay attention to the needs of working class voters in AZ, MI, NC, and PA next time :eek:.

Status
Not open for further replies.