Alternate Banknotes and Coins Thread

20 florins of the Košice City State, showing Charles I. Robert of Hungary (obverse) and a medieval illustration of the Battle of Rozhanovce/Rozgony in which he had taken part and which happened not far away from Košice (reverse) :

20 florénov (Karol Róbert a Bitka pri Rozhanovciach) - 2. verzia.png

Last edited:
50 florins of the Košice City State. Louis I. of Hungary (obverse) and the first version of the city's coat of arms - notable for being the oldest one in Europe - donated by said king (reverse) :

50 košických florénov (Ľudovít Veľký a prvý mestský erb) - verzia 2.png

Last edited:
And the final coin I made for this particular country of the TL : 5 florins of the Košice City State, with Francis II. Rákóczi (obverse) and the city's main monument and Rákoczi's resting place since the early 20th century, St. Elisabeth's Cathedral (reverse).

EDIT : One final note. The Cassovian coins are in Slovak and Hungarian. I originally wanted to add some German text as well, but the space limitations of that coin generator are a bitch...

5 košických florénov (František II. Rákoczi a Dóm sv. Alžbety) - verzia 2.png

Last edited:

VT45

Banned
Bump. Just in time for Fourth of July, I've thought of a contest. See if you can come up with better designs for US currency, since a lot of people have agreed the current designs are kind of boring. So, rules: it can't resemble a current design, but can figure the same people on the obverse if you like. And also, you must submit both the obverse and reverse. So, for example, here's my redesign of the $5 note. Here is the obverse:

untitled[1][2][1].png

VT45

Banned
Why is that flag on the back if Lincoln is on the front?

It's the first flag of the United States, and the first American flag to be flown over buildings built in the 17th century, such as the House of Seven Gables. I took some cues from the euro design, including famous architecture from around the country from different time periods. So, if I do others, expect to see the 13 star flag behind an 18th century building for example.

This was one I designed for Wilcoxchar's Union and Liberty TL (Fremont is sort of the Lincoln equivalent in that TL).

20USDS.jpg

This is a note from a smaller, earlier, more radical Confederacy from my timeline The Stars at Night. The changes are fairly minimal, though you can see the megalomaniacal first (and only) President, Robert Rhett, on the bottom left. The slaves toiling in the field were an actual feature of the rebel $100.

csadolla2.png

Very nice notage people.

There's a whole series of notes based off the one I posted earlier, here are some more. (If anyone is bored and feels like snazzing these up, feel free to do so.)

NOTE Xbmp.png

NOTE Xbmp.png

Last edited:
Unaware of this thread, I ve posted a banknote separatly. Here is:
---------------------
Following the years of economical problems faced by the isolationist regime of the One Nation Party, the reserve bank of Australia has today announced the release of a 10 Billions dollars note so as to keep up with the rampant inflation afflicting the country.

attachment.php

A not altogether serious attempt at a 5 dollar bill from my TL. The face on the bill is on Abe Lincoln's oldest son Robert Todd Lincoln the 22nd President of the United States.

attachment.php

VT45

Banned
Bump with a new coin. This is the head of the half penny piece of the Dominion of New England, c. 1914.

In 1914, the British Parliament passed the Bank of New England Act, which established the Central Bank of New England, and bestowing on it the power to mint coins and print money for the Dominion of New England. The exchange rate between the British and New England pound was originally set at 4 British shillings to the New England pound, or 5 New England pounds to the British pound.

The first set of coins and banknotes were designed to mirror the British coins and notes in circulation at the time, leading to some strange coin sets. Some coins were colloquially still called by their British equivalents, as shown in parentheses. Even still in modern parlance, New Englanders will call the 50p coin a 'florin.' This set of coins was discontinued in 1920, and replaced with coins and notes that were more easily divisible with the New England pound.

Coins:
0.5p (Farthing/Ha’penny)
2p
6p
12.5p (Sixpence)
25p (Shilling)
50p (Florin)
62.5p (Half crown)
£1.25 (Crown)
£2.50 (Half-sovereign)
£5 (Sovereign)
£10
£25

Banknotes:
£5
£25
£50

eoin.png

Last edited:
Here is the future American Dollar in my timeline. The portrait is that of Andrew Elliot (in OTL, Loyalist Governor of NY, in ATL, first President of America)

Providence is another word for luck. This America is far more secular.

1 Dollar.PNG

Due to paper money's fragileness and inflation, America used coins more up to the 1900s. Here is the 5 Dollar coin. The portrait is that of Thomas Paine, a dictator, yet respected as the "Father of Centralization".

5 Dollar.PNG