AHC: Muslim Majority US State.

Immigration from North Africa replaces German/Scandinavian immigration to the United States resulting in a number of Midwest/Great Plains states being majority Muslim instead of majority Lutheran.

Some possibilities:
More conversion to Islam among black Americans combined with smaller Great Migration leading to Muslim majority in Deep South.
A movement to convert to Islam begins in 19th century Upstate New York (I'm thinking analogous to OTL Mormons) and they settle and dominate a western state comparable to the OTL Mormons in Utah
More immigration from Muslim countries is the more obvious suggestion. But for a somewhat odd version of this, have the US annex Hawaii but not the Philippines, and then Hawaii gets a large wave of Indonesian immigrants.

Britain keeps Florida, imports many Malay indentured servants in a way similar to OTL’s Indian indentured servants enough that Florida is Malay and Muslim majority. Eventually the US gets Florida, and makes it a state.

Deleted member 109224

A movement to convert to Islam begins in 19th century Upstate New York (I'm thinking analogous to OTL Mormons) and they settle and dominate a western state comparable to the OTL Mormons in Utah

It's a funny thought when you think about how Utah is already full of one religious group singing praises upon the prophet.

Not a chance.. Unless the ottomans get here first... Christians simply wouldn't allow it, not trying to be off the wall, but no it wouldn't happen if yiu have a history that is similar to what we have.

During the 1960s the PKI attempted coup causes 70,000 (all Muslim) to flee from Indonesia seeking asylum from the evils of Communism in Guam. LBJ agreeing to let them in to put a black eye on the red menace in Asia. This influx brings in enough that Guam is made a state with more than half the population followers of Islam.

During the 1960s the PKI attempted coup causes 70,000 (all Muslim) to flee from Indonesia seeking asylum from the evils of Communism in Guam. LBJ agreeing to let them in to put a black eye on the red menace in Asia. This influx brings in enough that Guam is made a state with more than half the population followers of Islam.

I don't think those numbers would bring Guam up to the population-level of present day Puerto Rico, a territory that isn't exactly being fast-tracked into statehood.

I don't think those numbers would bring Guam up to the population-level of present day Puerto Rico, a territory that isn't exactly being fast-tracked into statehood.

True enough. It would be about half of Alaska's when it became a state and I think about or more for Nevada. Granted Nevada was back before 1900. I know it would be a long shot for sure.