AHC: Jerry Lewis gets with the program on disability rights.

Jean-Luc Godard mentions that holocaust-project while delivering hagiographic praise of Jerry Lewis on the Dick Cavett Show, some time in the early 80s.

I also think that particular interview is the origin of the idea that Lewis was really popular in France: at one point Cavett observes that Lewis is popular in Europe, but doesn't say anything about France specifically, which leads me to conclude that the idea of Lewis-smitten Frenchmen doesn't predate the interview, and the date of the interview is right around the time of that stereotype entering the American imagination.

(You can find the interview on You Tube.)

GeographyDude

Gone Fishin'
One of his most questionable ideas was making a film that was never finished set during the Holocaust where he’s a German clown.
I heard that it was finished but that he couldn't get anyone to release it. Supposedly he played a clown leading the children at one of the death camps.
From what i've read, the movie ends with him taking the kids to the gas chamber and entering it along with them.
Jean-Luc Godard mentions that holocaust-project while delivering hagiographic praise of Jerry Lewis on the Dick Cavett Show, some time in the early 80s. . .
Obviously, sounds like a very risky project.

Now, there was the movie Life is Beautiful (1997) about the Holocaust wth the Italian comedic actor Roberto Benigni, and which is generally well regarded.

Or of course, it could end up blowing up in Jerry’s face.

Last edited: