AHC: better behaved Red Army

I guess an interesting inverse to this would be, if hypothetically speaking If the Anglo Americans were to have suffered the same kind of devastation that the Soviets had received in ww2 from
The nazis would we have seen the same kind of behavior from them that we had seen from the Soviets when they invaded?

Soldiers don't engage in mass disciplinary rape from lust. They engage in it for the sake of punishment, for "the other" but also in less dysfunctional societies in order to punish themselves for being second liners.

Soldiers don't engage in mass disciplinary rape from lust. They engage in it for the sake of punishment, for "the other" but also in less dysfunctional societies in order to punish themselves for being second liners.
??
War crimes have been committed a lot of the time without any "culprit" of the enemy nation apart from being on the wrong side of the conflict. Did the Vietnamese civilians kill the family of the US soldiers and therefore suffered "ideological retaliation"? Did East Timor do anything to the Indonesians?

My post wasn't about the motives of the german rapes, but specifically about the soviet ones. In this case, it was the mentality "We are the victims, so we deserve to do whatever we want". However, such mentality predates the atrocities commited by the Germans, and comes down to the general feeling of having been persecuted by " landlords and bourgeoise".
Really
persecuted by " landlords and bourgeoise".
is absolutely not relevant to your average soldier, he's fighting because otherwise his entire family will be killed, "landlords and bourgeoisie" are completely irrelevant in WW2. And go talk to a random Russian in 1918 about "oppression from landlords" during the Red Terror.

If you want a better understanding of the subject, I suggest you watch this. The folks who produced this video (and hundreds more on every event and aspect of the second world war) have done a remarkable job.

This is from their War Against Humanity series, which covers the entire range of atrocities committed by all sides during the course of the war.

This one specifically covers the topic of rape and the Red Army, but, as I've said, there's plenty more that cover all of the other depredations of the war.

Like all of their videos, it's top notch and a must watch.

If you want a better understanding of the subject, I suggest you watch this. The folks who produced this video (and hundreds more on every event and aspect of the second world war) have done a remarkable job.

This is from their War Against Humanity series, which covers the entire range of atrocities committed by all sides during the course of the war.

This one specifically covers the topic of rape and the Red Army, but, as I've said, there's plenty more that cover all of the other depredations of the war.

Like all of their videos, it's top notch and a must watch.

Love these videos, you basically get the equivalent of a masters in WW2 for free.