AHC: Aromanian state in Epirus

As far I know, there was a short living Aromanian state in Thessaly but Epirus was its own despotate.

1280px-LatinEmpire2.png

Yeah Epirus was a Byzantine despotate but I think it's location would have been better for a longer lived Aromanian state. Hence the AHC

In the modern era, northern Epirus would have been the best (the only?) possible location for a long-lasting Aromanian state, since that's where the Aromanian cultural and demographic center of Moscopole was.
With a PoD in the mid-1700s, Moscopole might have the foresight to hire a bunch of klephts for defense, and/or develop its own militia. So the city avoids being destroyed by the Ottomans, and survives into the 19th century. Then the region's Aromanians can participate in the Balkan national liberation movements as a cohesive community, gradually winning independence and developing a clear and separate national identity. (As it was, they were scattered all around; many Aromanians fought alongside the Serb and Greek rebels anyway, but with Moscopole destroyed they were fighting only as individuals, with 0 chance or ambition for establishing a separate state.)

OTOH, I'm not sure what the best region for a medieval Aromanian state might be, especially if it's not OTL's brief episode in Thessaly. Medieval kingdoms weren't nation-states in any modern sense anyway, so carving out something that is clearly and recognizably Aromanian would be difficult in many different ways.

I could see the Aromanians maintaining a Wallachia-esque protectorate status by the Ottomans. Their position in Epirus is isolated so I could see something like that.

Given that Aromania is similar to Romania and that Vlach / Vlachs is a term that used for the wider OTL Eastern Romance speaking peoples, what other state names and demonyms could the ATL Aromanians be called in the event they manage to establish an Aromanian state in Epirus (or North Epirus with their capital at Moscopole) apart from Rramania or Armania with the demonym being either Rramani / Armani or Rramanian / Armanian?

Given that Aromania is similar to Romania and that Vlach / Vlachs is a term that used for the wider OTL Eastern Romance speaking peoples, what other state names and demonyms could the ATL Aromanians be called in the event they manage to establish an Aromanian state in Epirus (or North Epirus with their capital at Moscopole) apart from Rramania or Armania with the demonym being either Rramani / Armani or Rramanian / Armanian?

I can see people getting very confused between Armania and Armenia. Especially when it comes to Turkish genocides.

Well it could just be called Epirus. Or Illyria. If they want to use a historical term.

Maybe Arumania? Or just keep Romania as Rumania to ease confusion.

I can see people getting very confused between Armania and Armenia. Especially when it comes to Turkish genocides.

Was thinking that as well along with confusion over Armani.

Well it could just be called Epirus. Or Illyria. If they want to use a historical term.
Maybe Arumania? Or just keep Romania as Rumania to ease confusion.

Leaning more towards Rramania and the demonyn Rramani, not sure about reviving historical terms such as Epirus or Illyria since the latter seems to be slightly more north to where an Aromanian state in North Epirus is likely to be located.

Leaning more towards Rramania and the demonyn Rramani, not sure about reviving historical terms such as Epirus or Illyria since the latter seems to be slightly more north to where an Aromanian state in North Epirus is likely to be located.

Didn't stop Macedonia from naming themselves after Macedon which was slightly more South to where they were