AHC: An actual Wild Wild West

I have been trying to research details on the Gardner gun and I was wondering if you could help. Do you know the details on the differences between the different models of the Gardner in regards to weight and efficiency? I am wondering which would be best as a mobile machine gun. Or if the design could be plausibly modified further to that purpose from the OTL design. A resource I found mentions a model that I think would fit that criteria but I cannot find any further references to the model mentioned. It states "Gardner Gun Company’s two-barreled gun production was again slow and by March 2, 1886 . . . Colonel Arbustnot, British Army, indicated to Norton, if the two-barreled gun weight could be reduced to 80 pounds, the gun would be adopted. He consented to have the barrels and casing shortened. Colonel Arbustnot directed that thirty-six, two-barreled guns and twenty, five-barreled guns be changed to the new Enfield Martini ammunition in Caliber .40"

80 lbs would be a good weight for a mobile machine gun unit. I think the comment of it being in Enfield Martini .40 Caliber is a typo though because the resource I know of state that the Martini Henry was .45 Caliber and the Enfield Martini was .303 caliber
Well from I was able to find skimming through the web it does look like it was comparable to the maxim machine in weight and efficiency. So the two barreled variant could plausibly see a lot more success given the right circumstances.

So apparently there were proposals during the American Civil War for the use of chemical weapons. By both members of the Union & Confederacy... which of seriously impacted history if they were actually implemented.