Advanced American Indians

Few comments on diseases:

1) The old world diseases are generally a result of animal domesication and the proximity in which humans lived with animals.

2) If the old world disease package was brought over early, it wouldn't grant them any immunity unless the disease itself stuck around, which is only possible if the populations were higher. Which is perfectly possible in itself. But they're gonna have to deal with the crowd diseases for awhile to get any immunity.

I seem to recall that smallpox and its brethren really don't work unless there's an animal source to keep feeding the disease back into the population; without such a source, there'd be the one massive epidemic and then it'd be gone, until the next time Europeans showed up. There'd be some selection for immunity, but not enough to get a mostly-resistant population.

I had some major Internet trouble yesterday guys, so I couldn't post the map or post at all for that matter. I'm contnuing as always. Forum Lurker, your ideas are nice, and I may consider the whole Wild Rice bit, but I really want to stick as closely as possible to the original design...