a Valkyrie Rises Over Europe, a Alternate Story of the Cold War

Not directed at you Kaiser GOD DAMIT RELIGIOUS + FACISM = HELL ON EARTH

again not directed at you or timeline just feelings on these things/ these ideologies.

Well, considering some of the situations present (and this is not even mentioning the Clerico-Fascist states within Europe, such as Spain and Croatia). The recipes for all sorts of disasters spread across the entire ideological spectrum are unfortunately present throughout... well. The entire god damned world.

I imagine that if you want one sentence to describe in the best possible yet least detailed way to summarize all of one's feelings towards the increasingly crappy state of this timeline's world. That sentence would probably be.

"Thank you" Germany

Knowing it in context really makes you feel glad you live in OTL and not TTL.

Speaking of it though, what exactly is the situation in Croatia?

Croatia? ohh.. nothing unusual.. Just you're run of the mill oppressive clerico-fascist authoritarian dictatorship ruled by a sadistic madman that Heinrich Himmler himself thought was batshit crazy. Nothing unusual at all to report you see.

In other words, blame Pavelic

Just realized something is the URA sending Jews to Germany from Palestine to be "taken care of"?!!:eek:

They United Arab Republic is in fact not deporting any of the Jews to the Reich to be quote on quote be "taken care of". Despite the wishes of a certain Grand Mufti of a certain holy city.

Croatia? ohh.. nothing unusual.. Just you're run of the mill oppressive clerico-fascist authoritarian dictatorship ruled by a sadistic madman that Heinrich Himmler himself thought was batshit crazy. Nothing unusual at all to report you see.

In other words, blame Pavelic
So something that may make North Korea say it has gone to far. Got it.

Well thank god for some positivity / not dying
Even the darkest of timelines do have some silver linings. Of course I wouldn't be surprised if there was a good deal of emigration among Palestinian Jews who can afford to get out.

Even the darkest of timelines do have some silver linings. Of course I wouldn't be surprised if there was a good deal of emigration among Palestinian Jews who can afford to get out.

Oh, of course. Why would you want live in the UAR (from the viewpoint of a Palestinian Jew) when you have much greater long term prospects in the USA, Canada or Great Britain? Seems like a possibly wise move if you can afford to get out of the region.

Anyway, if the Nasser picture wasn't enough to get the message across. The next update. "The 20th Century Pharaoh" will be covering matters regarding to the UAR and the Middle East.

Preview of the next update.

=======
PART 20
The Twentieth Century Pharaoh

Throughout the entirety of human history, nation states have risen and fallen like species on the food chain. Those nations with insufficient positive characteristics die off like the unfit specimens that truly are, while nations with the will to survive and the characteristics to evolve can rise from the ashes like a phoenix and achieve long sustaining racial and political success- Albert Speer​

Human history has always been one enamored with colorful figures, many of whom found a myriad of ways to achieve lofty and previously thought to be unachievable goals. Men like Genghis Khan and Adolf Hitler forged empires out of entire continents, men like George Washington and Giuseppe Garibaldi fought for the freedom and unity of their homelands; while other men fought for more deceitvul and treacherous goals. Many of these men, especially those known better to modern contemporaries still shine as engima's of personality and question to this day. One of these men in particular was perhaps the greatest curiosity to historians, was a certain individual born in the city of Alexandria, Egypt; a man who rose through the ranks of the Egyptian Army and soon into the hearts of hundreds of millions loyal. That man was of course Gamal Abdel Nasser.​

Nasser_in_Mansoura,_1960.jpg

Figure 1: Nasser speaks to a jubilant crowd in downtown Cairo as he announces the ascension of Syria into the Republic, circa. 1957

Oh, of course. Why would you want live in the UAR (from the viewpoint of a Palestinian Jew) when you have much greater long term prospects in the USA, Canada or Great Britain? Seems like a possibly wise move if you can afford to get out of the region.
Hmm... because when the whole rotten edifice comes crashing down I plan on becoming the warlord of Haifa. Ok, not the best of reasons, but you asked.

Anywho, looking forward to the update but to throw another question at you, is the UAR seeking nuclear weapons?

Hmm... because when the whole rotten edifice comes crashing down I plan on becoming the warlord of Haifa. Ok, not the best of reasons, but you asked.

Anywho, looking forward to the update but to throw another question at you, is the UAR seeking nuclear weapons?

Haha maybe not the best of reasons, but thanks for the laugh. :D

However, as to you're question regarding whether the UAR is seeking nuclear weapons. My answer is well..... you could say that.

So would the UAR almost be a superpower?

If it manages to incorporate the entirety of the Arab world (sans Somalia, if we're going by the usual definitions for the maximum extent of a theoretical fully realized United Arab Republic). Then it basically has the capacity to be a borderline superpower in it's own right with the amount of natural resources (and we're just not talking about Oil either), money and people it would possess at it's disposal.

Sorry if this has happened/ been asked which I might have missed. I take it that Saudi Arabia in trouble and Oman +Yemen+ Qatar+URE like Free France

Last edited:
One thing I wonder - with the fall of France to Vichy France, would there be more Frenchmen willing to immigrate to Algeria to be "Free" French? If so, I'd think there might be a better chance for France to maintain control.

One thing I wonder - with the fall of France to Vichy France, would there be more Frenchmen willing to immigrate to Algeria to be "Free" French? If so, I'd think there might be a better chance for France to maintain control.

Oh yeah, definitely. If I had to guesstimate, I would say that there is an upwards of an extra 1-2 million Frenchmen residing in Algeria at this point compared to OTL, all of whom either fled after the initial German invasion in 1940 or managed to escape since that date (or immigrated from other territories). However, the growth of both the Pied Nor and mainland refugee French populations within Algeria has done absolutely nothing to stop the demographic boom of the Arab population in the region; who of course at this point continue to exist as the still comfortable majority population (roughly 67% or so) in Algeria.

This is of course not even accounting for the external pressure from the neighboring UAR and the Italians and Germans who are and will continue to support the Arab militants and partisans fighting against French rule. Still leaving things in the long term bleak for General De Gaulle and gang in Algiers unless something majorly drastic occurs to shift things back in France's favor.

Why do I suddenly have a feeling that will happen within the next two or three updates?

Shh... be quiet. We wouldn't want to give General President Brotherly Leader Father Person Man of the Totally Free and Republican and Democratic People's France Charles de Gaulle any false hope...

charles-de-gaulle2.jpg

The GPBLFPMOTTFRDP hates false hope.

Free France would also be deprived of the resources and manpower of the mainland in holding down Algeria, even with the extra immigrants. Retaining control over all of Algeria is not viable in the long run. In this scenario, Free France could possibly "Israelize" Algiers, Oran, and the Littoral between, but the Algerians would never accept such an entity. Such a state would probably need some sort of Nuclear deterrent.

Just by pure unrelated coincidence. I hear that French scientists just so happen to be working on some new type of fancy weapon up in some secret labs. You didn't hear it from me, but I hear they are making concrete bombs to use against the Algerians, but keep it on the down low. alright?