A Song of Ice and Fire Epic Dream Casting

Whoops, somehow missed these replies for over a month!

I did leave out a bunch of Tyrells, as they've mostly just been mentioned in the books, rather than active characters with dialogue. I'm hoping they'll play a larger role in Winds of Winter. Willis is particularly intriguing.

Gina's great, hopefully Winds of Winter will present some new opportunities for casting. I'm sure it will!

Ehhh No role for Tom Selleck and John Hillerman

Missing also

Scott Bakula

How a bunch of German actors/Actresses

I am definitely (and as it were on purpose) missing Tom Selleck and Scott Bakula.:D

John Hillerman I might have less of a problem with as some dickish noble. But really, his skill set as an actor is more ably represented by George Sanders.

I've got Bruno Ganz in there, probably my favorite German actor- for Wings of Desire more than anything else. And Maximilian Schell is there, too. Earlier drafts had Luise Rainer and Armin Mueller-Stahl, but I guess they got lost in the shuffle.

But you're right, there are at least a couple of names missing. I suppose I've never been a really big Marlene Dietrich fan, so she's notably absent.

But I've got no Klaus Kinski here, which is the first time in a long time I feel like I need to go back and revise. Possibly just add him in as a Wildling or one of the Hill People; I didn't really think we needed many of those. He'd also make a really good Bolton as well. At any rate, he'll be at the top of my list when the new books come out. And probably Luise Rainer. she's just wonderful.

Anyone other German actors you were thinking about?

To me, honestly, it's the French I've short-changed. I feel like I could do a whole list with just French and Italian actors.

Last edited: