A Question of Emphasis

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by Bob Hope, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Bob Hope rarely online

I do plan a religious map but not just yet.

I will be doing one soon but I wanted to leave it vague at the moment because "The Empire", even in OTL was not as simple as it seems. At different times Poland, Hungary, Denmark & Naples all had some sort of tributary status so, should they be considered "part" of the Empire or Independent?

killertahu22 likes this.
  2. Gian Wizard of Watkins Mill

Also, how did the various Emperors handle the Viking invasions, and did the Normans ever emerge?

3. Entrerriano Well-Known Member

Is France part of the Empire? I'm sorta confused on how it is developing.

4. Bob Hope rarely online

Sorry for the delay, lost 16000 words and a dozen maps to a corrupted USB stick.

Vikings; The Northern part of Britannia is Jorvik, a Viking Kingdom. Francia beat back the Viking raids but paid a great deal of "Danegeld". Only a few bases on the coast were ever ceded but re-claimed when Viking [or Northmen] attention turned to Southern Italy.

West Francia is what France developed from in OTL. In this TL the Empire has remained [more or less] intact. So the answer is "Yes, but it's not France"

I will be silent for a while whilst I try to re-construct my lost data [I'm also near to moving house].

5. Bob Hope rarely online

This is the reconstructed blank map
    1616x2164 by Bob Hope.png