A Queen Twice Over: Mary Tudor the Elder Marries Francis I of France

What, even if another pregnancy would kill her? I think he could content himself with mistresses if it really came down to it..

Well, but he doesn't have 100 percent certainty and I don't think Marie would agree to be essentially cuckolded, after all after Francoise de Foix Francis never had any mistress in your story.

Well, but he doesn't have 100 percent certainty and I don't think Marie would agree to be essentially cuckolded, after all after Francoise de Foix Francis never had any mistress in your story.
She might do. Now. Circumstances have very much changed since she was furious about Francoise at eighteen. :)

I am fairy sure there where condoms around in medieval Europe, just not made of rubber.

If King wants it I am sure someone will invent it.
Contraception of any kind is a sin in devout Catholicism, IIRC. Either Marie's fertility has to be ruined, Francis has to decide to abstain or one of them has to die. Pick your preferred option!

In any cause I find it somewhat unlikely that Mary would willingly abstain for having too many children, she certainly doesn't mind having plenty of them, and I assume definitely wouldn't give up sex with her husband just to avoid having more of them. Still, it's just as likely that she has one or two pregnancies left considering her age.

In any cause I find it somewhat unlikely that Mary would willingly abstain for having too many children, she certainly doesn't mind having plenty of them, and I assume definitely wouldn't give up sex with her husband just to avoid having more of them. Still, it's just as likely that she has one or two pregnancies left considering her age.
Elizabeth Woodville was getting pregnant in her forties...