A Map Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Map from the board game and video game series of Crimson Skies. Note: Not exactly as described in the timeline.

Nations of North America back up.JPG

A map of North America in the world of If the South had Won the Civil War by MacKinlay Kantor in the year 1950 or so:

Note: Alaska is still Russian

If the South Had Won the Civil War backup.JPG

(If the south Had Won the Civil War)

Mexico and all of Central America are the same as OTL.

Dark Blue: USA
Grey:CSA (including Cuba and Puerto Rico)
Baige: Texas
Red: Russian Alaska
Light Greenish/Teal: Canada
Black: Republic of Hawai'i

Well, it could either be called Euskerria, or perhaps Navarre, depending on how you get it into existance. If it's simply Navarre survivng, than the name would be Navarre. If the Basques later get independence, it would be Euskerria.

Diamond said:
I'm putting this here because there's no time lines to go with the maps; I just wanted to post the maps themselves. :)

First up is a map of Dixie from Gurps Alternate Earths I.

What base do you use for your maps? It looks like it could be a good basis of the map of the world from Empire.

Diamond

Banned
RMG said:
What base do you use for your maps? It looks like it could be a good basis of the map of the world from Empire.
In the main forum there is a thread created by me called 'Maps - For Your Perusal' or something similar. They're all in there.

This is my revised Peshawar Lancers Earth.

Changes:

-switched to Diamond's map
-differentiated the Batavian Republic and Madagascar as British protectorates
-Made the Kingdom of Vietnam a protectorate of Dai-Nippon
-made the Phillipines part of Dai-Nippon
-added Argentina, Peru, and the Confederacy of the Californias by popular demand
-added Columbia and Greater Guyana as Brazilian protectorates
-expanded the Caliphate a little more north into the Balkans
-dropped the impact sites (but might put them back if requested)

PeshawarEarthFinal.gif

Last edited:
Imajin said:
Well, it could either be called Euskerria, or perhaps Navarre, depending on how you get it into existance. If it's simply Navarre survivng, than the name would be Navarre. If the Basques later get independence, it would be Euskerria.
Or it could go by Basqueland....

Sorry for the delay (don't ask), but here's the breakdown of the Fitzpatrick's War map:

The Confederacy of the Yukons covers all of the old English-speaking world, including Canada, the USA, Britain, Ireland, Iceland, Greenland, Australia, and New Zealand.

The "allies" of the Confederacy (who strangely can only do what the Confederacy wants) are Mexico (the Confederacy's punching-bag), the Phillipines (who I gave Indonesia too), India, Ethiopia, and Panslavia (what's left of Russia).

The Chinese have expanded to absorb all of East Asia, including Japan. The Turks have become the Muslim hegemony, controlling all the Muslim countries and Europe, which was invaded by waves of Muslims during the Storm Times.

South America contains a few countries who don't particularly like the Yukons, but can't do anything about it. The alliances are my invention.

Africa has essentially fallen into complete anarchy, as various pro-Yukon, pro-Turkish, and pro-Chinese factions battle it out.

Oh, and read Fitzpatrick's War. Imagine Alexander the Great with 1880's tech and a bit of Spengler thrown in for good measure.

Here's one map from a timeline that I posted long ago but gave up on ...

In this ATL, Japan becomes partly Catholic rather than shutting itself off from the outside world. China's Ming Dynasty is overthrown by a successful general distantly related to the ruling dynasty who establishes a "Later Ming" dynasty and defeats the Manchu. As Japan becomes more closely allied with Spain, China becomes friendly with the Dutch and English. Back in Europe, William of Orange has a son who survives, beginning a dynasty that unites England, Scotland, and the Netherlands under a long-lived Orange dynasty. At the same time, though, Louis XIV succeeds in bringing France and Spain together under the Bourbon dynasty. For most of the next 150 years, the world will be dominated by the great rivalry between the Franco-Spanish "Dual Monarchy" and Japan on one side, and the English-Scottish-Dutch "Triple Monarchy" and its powerful Chinese allies on the other side. Russia is a fifth great power that veers back and forth between alliances according to its own interests, as do other lesser powers.

altworld3.GIF

Last edited:

Diamond

Banned
Here's a teaser map showing eastern North America at the conclusion of the American Revolution in my Warlocks thread:

WW3.1.GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.