A Map Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hapsburg

Banned
Hapsburg are there any pegasi or winged unicorns?
Hmmm. I dunno whether I should have those or not. I'm trying to keep the fantasy elements as rational as possible. So, the question I must ask myself is: why would a horse develop wings? I mean, it'd be very light, frail, and have big lungs; that'd kinda be a weird setup for an equine, almost a total evolutional backstep.
A more viable winged animal would be like a Griffin or a Hippogriff. Feline bodies are quite slender and lithe, thin enough and light enough to have a flight-capable creature, even when it comes to lion or leopard-sized cats. It'd still have to have really strong shoulder and back muscles and ligaments to allow for the wings to work, but with a feline it could work.
So, no pegasi, but there are griffins, and of course, dragons, drakes, and sea serpents (drakes are like wingless dragons).

Now, the demon army is a bit different. They screw the laws of physics right in the ass, metaphorically speaking, and have a lot of really large and physically bizarre creatures in their employ, like minotaurs, talos-esque colossi, castle-sized fleshy spheroids with many eyes and mouths, etc.:D

Hey, these fantasy range maps are fun!

elvesvm9.png

Just jumping into the trend, I guess...

Prevalence of the Vampiric Genetic Mutation. Also, blue striped areas show a number of magic users- magic users form no majority anywhere. (Also note that in TTL the magic users are often supporters of the Catholic Church- one of the popes decides that it's better to have them on his side than against him- though it results in many of the more anti-Catholic Protestant sects demanding the expulsion of magic-users as "agents of the Anti-Christ"- the Papal States became a major refuge.)

atl_races.png

Diamond

Banned
Just jumping into the trend, I guess...

Prevalence of the Vampiric Genetic Mutation. Also, blue striped areas show a number of magic users- magic users form no majority anywhere. (Also note that in TTL the magic users are often supporters of the Catholic Church- one of the popes decides that it's better to have them on his side than against him- though it results in many of the more anti-Catholic Protestant sects demanding the expulsion of magic-users as "agents of the Anti-Christ"- the Papal States became a major refuge.)
Now that's an interesting and very different idea!

Thande

Donor
Let's see, southern England is directly connected to the Continent, and separated from the North by a yawning chasm...

Sorry, what's the difference from OTL again? ;)

But these are nations, most borders are a straight wall, from star alpha to star beta.

BTW The POD is that Syria Declares war on Israel in the recent conflict.

Status
Not open for further replies.