Do people want a WIP thread?

• Yes

Votes: 62 75.6%
  • No

Votes: 20 24.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

i dunno either.
... there has got to be some kind of pattern or meaning to this.

But what?
I think it's area.
Western Australia=Kazakhstan
Northern Territory=Peru
South Australia=Egypt
Queensland=Alaska
New South Wales=Mozambique
Victoria=Minnesota
Tasmania=Lithuania
Canberra=Djibouti

correct.
what the fuck

a reaction like that is entirely justified.

why not?
They might be roughly the same size

yep.
It’s a sh*tpost! You don’t need to overanalyze it!

heh.

What I meant to be a parody of the new AH meme of "16 x-es", but could also end up parodying the majority of submissions to the map thread

Sixteen Rectangles

parody final.png

A1 : The obligatory country/state specific one

The subject territory has something very unique about it. Unfortunately the last unique alternate history about that thing was published in a short story submitted to a magazine in 1981.

A2: My ideology is good

My ideology would work perfectly if history would have gone a little differently and this example suffers from no problems historically associated with it
It is beautiful and unorthodox in its map-making with detailed internal divisions and such because I obviously labored over it the longest. it is a wonder that I managed to do it all one handed

A3: Filler

If one now-dead white guy killed a different now-dead white guy at a different time, what would have happened? Not much, actually.

A4: Video game reference

Haha Witcher 3 Bad Amirite

B1: The Nazi one

Could be realistic, could be incredibly memey. Whatever the case, more grey in this one than a public sewer or men’s wool business suit or something else that is grey

B2: Token self-criticism
Okay my ideology does have a few problems I guess. I am only throwing this in here to stave off accusations of blatant favoritism. However, since I am probably incapable of true self-introspection, I will attribute my ideology’s failure to outside interference (i.e. an overreaction to a coup attempt by my ideological opponents) and/or have a couple redeeming features

B3: The Very British One
Because the professional Africa Acquirers of Britain have invaded or colonized absolutely everywhere, here’s one where everyone drinks tea and watches overproduced BBC mystery shows or something. If it’s “Sixteen britains” this is the one where the empire survives and isn’t evil.

B4: Communist Rectangle

Either a utopia (see favored ideology) or depressingly realistic description of life in a warsaw pact country

C1: Really cool idea

Shame we only get a few pixels and a writeup about it

C2: Eyestrain

That speck on your screen is the Free City of My Hometown and it is very small

C3: More filler

What if an unrelated now-dead white guy from the previous filler scenario forgot to brush his teeth on Who Cares, 19XX? Still not much.

C4: Wacky sci fi

Technobabble and global warming

D1: Ref. Kaiserreich

I don’t play kaiserreich so just insert some catchphrase you lot chant in discord chats for me, alright?

D2: Ref. published AH

Marry me turtledove senpai

D3: Funny silly!!!! :p

Woooaaah funny memes about my country/state very T O P I C A L and H U M O R O U S also I will plug my favored ideology in here and you cannot say it is not just me having a laugh

D4: Nuclear Holocaust Schmuclear Shmolocaust

A nuclear war would leave many survivors so I can LARP fallout in my hometown

Last edited:
Although, I could genuinely see European imperialists actually carving up Africa like this if the conditions were right (it obviously wouldn't all be ceded to British Egypt but you get the point). I mean, there are more senseless former colonial borders in OTL.
Thing is, while most African borders aren't any good for modern states they weren't just randomly drawn completely without care for geography or even precolonial states