A Light Shines East: The World of a Christian Persia

Guess its bye bye to roman culture
In the west, anyway. In the Greek-speaking east, Roman culture has survived to a greater extent than it did IOTL. Still, the general trend ITTL will be that the legacy of Rome gradually fades away to a much greater extent than IOTL.

In the west, anyway. In the Greek-speaking east, Roman culture has survived to a greater extent than it did IOTL. Still, the general trend ITTL will be that the legacy of Rome gradually fades away to a much greater extent than IOTL.
How much more of formerly Latin speaking Europe will wind up speaking non-Romance languages?

Will the iberian languages of TTL be anything like the OTL ones?
(Portuguese, spanish, galician, catalan, etc)

Or will the stronger germanic and arabic influences make them into something completely unrecognizable altogether?

The OTL Crusaders were borne out of a very specific circumstances that aren't here IOTL. For one, the Turkic invaders are Christian here. Second, unless I'm mistaken the Levant is gonna remain in Christian hands at least for a while since they're part of Abu Yusuf's conquests. Third, there isn't a Byzantine Empire equivalent requesting aid from co-religionists in reconquering the area.

I think we'll see something closer to the Sunni-Shia conflicts mixed with the Great Schism.

The OTL Crusaders were borne out of a very specific circumstances that aren't here IOTL. For one, the Turkic invaders are Christian here. Second, unless I'm mistaken the Levant is gonna remain in Christian hands at least for a while since they're part of Abu Yusuf's conquests. Third, there isn't a Byzantine Empire equivalent requesting aid from co-religionists in reconquering the area.

I think we'll see something closer to the Sunni-Shia conflicts mixed with the Great Schism.
The Ebionites aren’t happy that the Holy Land has fallen to the Apostolics. I only meant “Crusade equivalent” in the sense that most of the conflict will be happening in the Levant and surrounding areas. You are right that the Sunni-Shi’a conflicts or Great Schism would be better comparisons, though.

Considering how the North Chinese are Daoists, how does it affect governance and all that in there as the Imperial Chinese political system IOTL was very much built on Confucian principles?

Considering how the North Chinese are Daoists, how does it affect governance and all that in there as the Imperial Chinese political system IOTL was very much built on Confucian principles?
The North Chinese political system borrows more from that of the Central Asian khanates than the previous imperial dynasties.

On that note, maybe the North Chinese are more willing to use Mohist and Legalist principles of administration in contrast to the South?
Most of the Legalist administrative principles were still de facto in use even after the fall of the Qin Dynasty. As for Mohism, they seem to have largely faded into irrelevance by this point, so I doubt that their ideas will have all that much influence.

A thought with all this Crusade talk.

With the Levant being one of the backbones of Christianity rather than its periphery, to what extent does this influence the development of the cities of what iOTL were known as the “Outremer,” especially as much of Europe will probably be a lot less central to world history?

A thought with all this Crusade talk.

With the Levant being one of the backbones of Christianity rather than its periphery, to what extent does this influence the development of the cities of what iOTL were known as the “Outremer,” especially as much of Europe will probably be a lot less central to world history?
The development of cities in the Levant will probably be at roughly the same pace as under the Caliphates IOTL.