A Flag Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thande said:
No, it doesn't seem to work, Imajin. I can see what you're trying to do but the eye just goes straight to the English cross and...

Wait. Maybe it would work if I used the English lions instead of the St Georges cross...
Here are two variations. I could still use a better picture of the 3 lions though...

The first one reminds me of my commie Ireland...
post-18-1140201590.png

Thande

Donor
Othniel said:
And here's one for Thande's ME nation in his HP Parody..the Bolivar Confederation...
Good one, Oth.

Don't suppose you want to do one for Aussey's Quadruple Monarchy of wherever it was? :D

Thande said:
No, it doesn't seem to work, Imajin. I can see what you're trying to do but the eye just goes straight to the English cross and...
Your eyes are only drawn to the English cross because you're English... :p

But I see what you mean, there probably should be a shield instead of the large dominating cross...

Well, er...

What about this flag? Though the origin of the St. Patrick's cross is disputed, and seems to be an English invention, it's the easiest flag to use for ATL versions of the Union Jack...

ire+eng.png

Thande said:
Good one, Oth.

Don't suppose you want to do one for Aussey's Quadruple Monarchy of wherever it was? :D
As soon as I figure out how to do MBarry's Republic of everywhere else...:p

And it was the Quadruple Monarchy of Liberia-Liechtenstein-Laos-Lahore....;)

Crazy UKs....

First up, just to complement the Jewish England, Jewish Scotland:
HebrewScotland.PNG

Next up, the United Kingdom of England and Wales:
UKEnglandWales.PNG

Third, a TL where Northern Ireland is way important in the UK:
UKScotlandNIre.PNG

Fourth, the United Kingdom of Scotland and Georgia:
UKScotlandGeorgia.PNG

Finally, and the one that turned out best, the United Kingdom of Scotland and... Guernsey!
UKScotlandGuernsey.PNG

If the quality's spotty, it's cause I whipped them all up in half an hour using flags.net and paint.... :D

Thande

Donor
Imajin said:
Well, er...

What about this flag? Though the origin of the St. Patrick's cross is disputed, and seems to be an English invention, it's the easiest flag to use for ATL versions of the Union Jack...
Good one. Reminiscent of the times when the Scots had their own version of the Union Jack, with their cross in front:
gb-altsc.gif

As opposed to the version used in England at that time, the ancestor of the current Union Jack:
gb-1606.gif

Thande

Donor
Othniel said:
Who's afraid of double representation? Not I!!
But that's only one lion, Oth. The number (and colour) are very important for the heraldic significance. You need three to represent England (two, for instance, represent Normandy).

Thande said:
But that's only one lion, Oth. The number (and colour) are very important for the heraldic significance. You need three to represent England (two, for instance, represent Normandy).
And one represents Aquitaine, yeah I know...:rolleyes: But it looks better this way. Maybe in a world where Aquitaine was elevated to kingdom status and then reunited with England...hmmm....

Thande

Donor
Othniel said:
And one represents Aquitaine, yeah I know...:rolleyes: But it looks better this way. Maybe in a world where Aquitaine was elevated to kingdom status and then reunited with England...hmmm....
Of course, England is three lions (or leopards really) because the Normans added one to the two of Normandy. Throw in Aquitaine as well and maybe the full thing will be four lions. :eek:

Whilst looking through flags of the world I couldn't help noticing...

Why is the flag of Landshark's hometown so evil-looking? :

gb-durha.gif

Besides If I make it black look, presonal union with the countess of Flanders!

Attachments

• lionshare2.bmp
    227.9 KB · Views: 8,315
Status
Not open for further replies.