A Few Acres of Snow: A Map and Graphic Timeline

Map of the United Provinces
Alright, I went on a bit of a roller coaster there: the Miraheze for this timeline was down for a couple months but now it's back up, so the timeline is officially back on! The plus side is that when I was unable to work on the wiki again I worked on a map instead, so without further ado please enjoy:

AFAoS banner.png

dfngmr0-a1fe9542-c8e6-40cc-823b-6e3045b667a7.png

Last edited:
How did the Iroquois end up with so much land?
By being able to negotiate favorable treaties due to being crucial to the country's defense in the early years of its existence; even then a lot of the land was encroached on and taken over by the white provinces (especially Mohawk lands by Rensselaerswijk) and only won back in highly contentious court cases around the 80s and 90s.

I have a couple questions to ask
  1. What's with Les Rocheuses being an internal territory while the other indigenous territories in the region are autonomous?
  2. How did Canada get OTL French Polynesia?
  3. Will there be a city map soon?

I have a couple questions to ask
  1. What's with Les Rocheuses being an internal territory while the other indigenous territories in the region are autonomous?
  2. How did Canada get OTL French Polynesia?
  3. Will there be a city map soon?
1. Les Rocheuses isn't an indigenous territory and has a mostly European population but not high enough of a population to be made a state
2. By beating France in the Second Great War, but I may actually retcon that as I once again agonize over what the history of Europe should be so watch this space
3. Eventually!

Alright, I went on a bit of a roller coaster there: the Miraheze for this timeline was down for a couple months but now it's back up, so the timeline is officially back on! The plus side is that when I was unable to work on the wiki again I worked on a map instead, so without further adieu please enjoy:

dfngmr0-a1fe9542-c8e6-40cc-823b-6e3045b667a7.png
Sorry, but a minor quibble: it's "without further ado." The word "adieu" has nothing to do with it.

Just discovered this TL from the Map Thread, and it's really well-done.
Hope we get to see a post on Portuguese Brazil!

View attachment 809004
View attachment 809005

(Consider 1 January 1946 a placeholder date until I work out the further details of the Second Great War)
To be honest, I'm not sure that a representative of the main branch of the French bourbons will be elected president - given that they were backed by the most staunch anti-republicans. The Orleanists are much more likely in this respect.
I have a suspicion that many "white Floridians" will be descendants of Carolinian (Anglophone) migrants

German Texas! I know there was an attempt by German nationalists to colonize Texas IOTL, so it's cool to see that incorporated into this one.

Last edited:
It seems that there were many Germans there even before the annexation of Texas.
There was a weirdly large population of unexpected Europeans in early Texas. For example there is still a lot of Czechs as well who I think came in the same wave as Texan Germans (in fact my cousin’s wife is one, they still preserve a couple of Czech words in community parlance, weirdly including the word for belly button). Also, weirdly, of the founding fathers of Texas was a Serb veteran of the uprising against the Turks there (his English name was George Fisher). All kinds of Europeans. Especially, it seems, liberal leaning dissidents.

There was a weirdly large population of unexpected Europeans in early Texas. For example there is still a lot of Czechs as well who I think came in the same wave as Texan Germans (in fact my cousin’s wife is one, they still preserve a couple of Czech words in community parlance, weirdly including the word for belly button). Also, weirdly, of the founding fathers of Texas was a Serb veteran of the uprising against the Turks there (his English name was George Fisher). All kinds of Europeans. Especially, it seems, liberal leaning dissidents.
However, in doing so, Texas became a typical southern state. In fact, being determines consciousness.