A Few Acres of Snow: A Map and Graphic Timeline

Introduction
  • A Few Acres of Snow
    What if New France became a great power?

AFAoS banner.png
    Hello all! Some of you may have followed my previous timeline Another America, and those of you who did may have noticed that it's been inactive for quite some time. The reason for that is that I changed and retconned it so many times that the thread was already an incoherent mess, so when I found myself wanting to change even *more* I thought that I might as well just start from scratch entirely - so consider this thread the official reboot of Another America! As you can see from the map below it's broadly similar albeit with some important differences, most notably that Canada and Louisiana are joined together into a mega-French-country in North America, which will be the closest thing this timeline has to a main character (at least as I have it planned now, who knows how it'll morph as it goes on).

There are several different PoDs starting from the 1600s, and the first big one is the Dutch fending off the English and retaining New Netherland, starting a general trend of English/British weakness relative to OTL - though in general I'll be favoring rule of cool over strict plausibility so expect this thread to be something of a butterfly graveyard full of historical figures that shouldn't strictly have been born in this timeline and the like. As for retcons, well, I certainly can't promise *none* of them, especially at this early stage when it'll be easier to change things without throwing everything else off, but I'll do my best to keep them to a minimum compared my last attempt.

Thanks for reading and bon appétit!
    AFAoS banner.png

dfvaj49-f9c3bca9-0454-474c-ab4f-c0b061cbd07c.png

Last edited:
    High-Speed Rail in North America
  • With the major disclaimer that I don't know anything about trains, so if you think something doesn't make sense you're probably right and if you ask me about standard gauges I may well cry, here's a map of the high-speed rail network of North America!

AFAoS banner.png

dg2apw0-59089578-894f-43ce-9fdc-dbcd61984100.png

Provinces of Canada
  • The flags are subject to change and the area measurements are very approximate (read: incorrect) but here we have it, the provinces of Canada; autonomous regions and territories upcoming.
    AFAoS banner.png
    Provinces of Canada.png

Last edited:
    Map of the United Provinces
  • Alright, I went on a bit of a roller coaster there: the Miraheze for this timeline was down for a couple months but now it's back up, so the timeline is officially back on! The plus side is that when I was unable to work on the wiki again I worked on a map instead, so without further ado please enjoy:

AFAoS banner.png

dfngmr0-a1fe9542-c8e6-40cc-823b-6e3045b667a7.png

Last edited:
    List of French monarchs, 1804-1946
  • AFAoS banner.png
    French monarchs 1.png

French monarchs 2.png

(Consider 1 January 1946 a placeholder date until I work out the further details of the Second Great War)

Last edited: