A British plane that never left the drawing board.

There is a...kit* of it, a resin one in 72nd, from Unicraft in the Ukraine. I have one tucked away in the stash, along with much of my Blohm und Voss collection.

* I say kit, I mean badly cast lumps of awful resin that approximate kit parts, at eyewateringly high prices. The quality is shockingly bad. I do my own moulding and casting and I have thrown out better castings than Unicraft provide.

Driftless

Donor
Do a bit of aviation origami and turn the gondola around and make the prop a pusher..... Yeah, I know there's more stuff that needs 'fixin' (i.e. wing & landing gear....)

Then, it would be a bit more like the Optica example from the OP

Last edited:
I was thinking a hated son in law was the company test pilot.
the pilot would endure higher G-forces in gondola.

Rare image of an A.S.[S.] 31 Test Pilot returning from a G-load test.

lf

Here's a fun one, the Westland Wildcat.
image-37.png

For a completely made up aircraft that one's pretty plausible, certainly more so than the Airspeed abomination of a real proposal this threads about. It has a couple of glaring design faults, which isn't surprising given it's one POW's attempt to fool German intelligence agencies, but any competent design team could fix those and turn it into an airworthy machine.

Last edited:
image-37.png

For a completely made up aircraft that one's pretty plausible, certainly more so than the Airspeed abomination of a real proposal this threads about. It has a couple of glaring design faults, which isn't surprising given it's one POW's attempt to fool German intelligence agencies, but any competent design team could fix those and turn it into an airworthy machine.
Yes, pusher designs had their good points. The Fokker 23 and especially the mass produced SAAB 21 are good examples of reasonably successful pusher aircraft.