A Britain of Panthers and Lions: House of Oldenburg Britain

VVD0D95

Banned
Unless French maternal aunts (Princess of Conti/Duchess of Maine) make counter-bid:)
Oh this is true/ Also question for you, should the grandchildren of the sovereign be given courtesy titles such as Earl of Ulster, or kept to Prince James of York etc as I currently have them?

I'm unsure and leave the decision to you. Current arrangement works for me as well, as it is closer to Danish standard the Oldenburgs would introduce (Hanoverians in OTL brought their standard).

Family Tree for Charles XII of Sweden

VVD0D95

Banned
Charles XII family tree.jpg

It's interesting that in the next generation plans there would likely be quite a lot of intermarriage with the descendants of Elizabeth "The Winter Queen" of Bohemia.
With Anne of Hanover and Prussian royal family being descendats of Electress Sophia, while Caroline-Anne of Ansbach is descendant of Prince Edward through her mother.

VVD0D95

Banned
It's interesting that in the next generation plans there would likely be quite a lot of intermarriage with the descendants of Elizabeth "The Winter Queen" of Bohemia.
With Anne of Hanover and Prussian royal family being descendats of Electress Sophia, while Caroline-Anne of Ansbach is descendant of Prince Edward through her mother.
Oh aye, that’s going to be something aha

Tiny nitpick. For swedish (and danish) princesses at this time, a double name were common, not just a simple name. Try combining Maria (Mary) with a second name like Ulrika, Eleanora, Sofia, Margareta, Katarina, Fredrika, Lovisa. Those were common royal names at this time.

VVD0D95

Banned
Tiny nitpick. For swedish (and danish) princesses at this time, a double name were common, not just a simple name. Try combining Maria (Mary) with a second name like Ulrika, Eleanora, Sofia, Margareta, Katarina, Fredrika, Lovisa. Those were common royal names at this time.[/Q

Noted :)

VVD0D95

Banned
By the way, what is the fate of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duchess_Charlotte_of_Brunswick-Lüneburg TTL? Given that Rinaldo d'Este didn't leave the church TTL, a realistic marriage candidate for her is her first cousin https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Otto,_Prince_of_Salm for marriage circa 1700 or 1699 in pair with her sister the Empress (further strenghtening position of Charles Theodore of Salm at imperial court; also, Princes of Salm-Salm do not go extinct in male line, probably).

I like that as a marriage, and perhaps it could bring the Salms and the Habsburgs even closer together

I like that as a marriage, and perhaps it could bring the Salms and the Habsburgs even closer together
Yes, it ensures that Louis Otto has more or less the same position at court of Joseph I his father had at court of Leopold I, being the Emperor's brother-in-law.

By the way, how do you like Benedetta d'Este for Duchesse d'Orleans (previously I thought that a domestic candidate would make sense, but given that the Duke's mother was bent on him having a foreign bride, and the need to seal the alliance completely - this would work nice)?

VVD0D95

Banned
By the way, how do you like Benedetta d'Este for Duchesse d'Orleans (previously I thought that a domestic candidate would make sense, but given that the Duke's mother was bent on him having a foreign bride, and the need to seal the alliance completely - this would work nice)?

I think so, and it might also be a way for Louis XVI to ensure Orleans doesn't get any to big of an idea compared to his father

might also be a way for Louis XVI to ensure Orleans doesn't get any to big of an idea compared to his father
By putting him in France-supported Tuscany succession?:) Though OTOH the Duc de Chartres is much less ambitious than both of his parents.