50 years of American Doctor Who

I saw this video about an American Doctor Who series a while ago and never paid it much mind. After having read several Doctor Who timelines, I wondered if anything approaching this list of American Doctors could be realistic. It is based off this buzzfeed listicle;

https://www.buzzfeed.com/newu456/what-if-doctor-who-was-american-5pxx?utm_term=.sn4kppnYP#.brRYZZxNX

In order and with their supposed dates, they are;

1. Meredith Burgess (1963-1966)
2. Dick Van Dyke (1966-1970)
3. Vincent Price (1970-1974)
4. Gene Wilder (1974-1981)
5. Kyle MacLachlan (1981-1984)
6. Christopher Walken (1984-1986)
7. Tony Shalboub (1987-1989)
8. Jeff Goldblum (1996)
9. Nicholas Cage (2005)
10. Sam Rockwell (2005-2010)
11. Donald Glover (2010-2013)
12. Bryan Cranston (Present)

Also Harrison Ford as the War Doctor.

So first things first, as have been portrayed, it can be done so that America has its own version of Doctor Who - The Yankee Doctor for example or have Sydney Newman bring it to the states instead of BBC.

As seen on the list, it is clear that they did a lot of historical parallelism with each of the actors roughly corresponding to an OTL actor and serving the exact amount of time.

As for the actors, Gene Wilder doing seven years is never going to happen - which is a shame because he would make a fantastic doctor. Nicholas Cage, Harrison Ford and Christopher Walken are also probably not going to actually make the list.

Meredith Burgess - maybe. Dick Van Dyke, if for some reason his movie career got derailed after his own show ended could possibly do Doctor Who. Kyle MacLachlan would be incredibly young and a complete unknown at the time this list gave him so while later in his career, he could well play the Doctor, I'm not sure if he would play him so young.

Now Tony Shalboub is one of the actors I could actually well see playing the Doctor at the time this list gave him. He is around in the same direction. Donald Glover is a hard maybe - he has his rap career to think about and he might reject it based on that.

Bryan Cranston and Sam Rockwell (he didn't have much going on at that time was truly significant as I can see) are maybes if they are a huge fan of Doctor Who in this world.

Thoughts?

My choice for the Master in Doctor Who (at least for the 1980s) is Peter Falk. As to how he'd play him, imagine a much more evil version of Columbo (@DAv did a similar thing for Falk in Who's The Doctor's version of the Ghostbusters TV series)...

My choice for the Master in Doctor Who (at least for the 1980s) is Peter Falk. As to how he'd play him, imagine a much more evil version of Columbo (@DAv did a similar thing for Falk in Who's The Doctor's version of the Ghostbusters TV series)...

Really, all you need for an evil type Columbo is imagine what he's like when he's gunning for someone who isn't a murderer, but an innocent person.

Also, I had Falk play the second Doctor in my American Doctor TL as well.

The dates for each Doctor correspond with the real world Doctors, that's why as mentioned above that Gene Wilder's 4th Doctor does seven years. Each American Actor picked is a rough pick against the real world UK Actor. And Harrison Ford as the War Doctor makes perfect sense...