Map Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a follow up to a map I posted a few days ago, now twenty years after the ASB POD, in 1937. The effects of the ASB have, for the most part, worn off on the American mind, but they are not so eager to let go of Canada, as many of their boys have died up north. The US is also tightening military control, using fancy hats and large boots. Austria Hungary fell apart, Yugoslavia style, but Germany kept its successor, the Austrian Reich, standing. The US competes with Germany for dominance in the CP, while China slowly becomes a prominent member, wanting to regain lost territory during the Warlord Period. Emiliano Zapata and many of his supporters escaped Mexico as government troops came after them, heading south to Colombia, spreading Zapatista ideals as far out as Argentina and Africa, and inspiring Zapatista revolutions in Ecuador, Bolivia, and Venezuela. In Japan, a popular uprising among Japanese Communists rocks the bankrupt island empire, and violence has spread as far out as Korea. The Ottomans saw a surge in support from their CP allies, the US and Germany. Economically stabilized and militarily reformed, the Sick Man of Europe has become the Tiger of Anatolia, regaining lost land and dominating its own Arabian alliance system.

Feel free to ask any questions if I missed anything, and, as always, feedback is much appreciated :)

asb1937.png

asb1937.png

Two additional maps of Ganymede, same as above. The first is a map focused on the two American commonwealths on Ganymede, Galileo and Hyperborea. The second map shows the six largest ethnic/racial groups in the Commonwealth of Galileo.

5E36DEK.png

WY4EOo9.png

Two additional maps of Ganymede, same as above. The first is a map focused on the two American commonwealths on Ganymede, Galileo and Hyperborea. The second map shows the six largest ethnic/racial groups in the Commonwealth of Galileo.

A territory named after Alan Turing? Is he American in the retro-future?

Awesome maps, BTW.

Dorozhand

Banned
Using OTL data it would have somewhere between 20,000-60,000 people.

Oh, not as bad as I thought. About the same as OTL Greenland. Maybe ATL circumstance could nudge it a little higher, making it a viable state, or perhaps it was made a self-governing entity for some geopolitical reason.

Oh, not as bad as I thought. About the same as OTL Greenland. Maybe ATL circumstance could nudge it a little higher, making it a viable state, or perhaps it was made a self-governing entity for some geopolitical reason.

I'm assuming the fact it's the only part of the U.S. that borders Hudson Bay means there's probably a naval station there, which would cause a population increase; the general area is probably climactically similar to Southern or Central Norway, so cold, but not arctic, which would allow it to develop a population of a few hundred thousand without massive difficulty.

So glad you asked :D

(China SNIP)

As for France and Spain... you didn't think the Confederacy was the ONLY Communist nation in this world did you ;)

While I won't say much for now, given I'm quite proud of the monster I'm creating, it's called the European Syndicate, a much more Stalinist Marxist state which, given the more trans-racial and trans-national bent Communism took on ITTL, has dedicated itself toward the creation of a single, unitary Communist state. One example includes making Esperanto the national language, having gradually phased our French, Spanish, Catalan and Arabic over the last few generations. They're the world's leading Marxist power, and will very likely be the ones who set off the next great war.

And speaking of, new map in PNG file!

-Interesting balkanization of China; even though the whole place still looks a damn hot mess (talking about in-universe, not the map design), at least some stable states have emerged from the latest dustup.

-I'm getting a very USSR-Cuba relationship down the line developing between the Euro Syndicate and the CSSA...incidentally, while I do approve of conlanging, I've always known that Esperanto was tied to the Evil Forces. Now we finally have proof! Although I highly doubt that the non-made up languages will be totally stomped out. Will it be enforced as a sort of "pass law" for ComParty membership, fluency in Esperanto? Also, is that a Commie state in Western South America?!

-I really like those North American borders. I'd forgotten that Quebec stays independent, but since the Upper South is part of the USA ITTL by that map's timeframe I suppose that's not any imposition on the designs of the USA :p. I'd also forgotten that, while the CSSA is pretty much the bulk of the region, you still have the whole periphery of the South as part of the USA (Upper, Trans-Mississippi, and even below them in Southern Florida!). It's a neat geographical breakup of the Continent I don't see very often, and still leaves the Commie-Dixies with enough resources to industrialize to at least (I hope) Second World status.

Seriously. OTL USSR plus Poland + Finland + Mongolia + Xinjiang + more of the Caucasus?

What's so surprising about it? Finland and the Caucasus are small areas, and Poland (I'm not sure about Mongolia, but I suppose that too) was an SSR in OTL in all but name.

Any comments on this. Especially questions, as I have a whole backstory. It kind of got stuck behind Kingsgaurds map.

Sometimes this thread can give the impression that that Germany/Prussia is almost universally mandated to continuously stretch from East Prussia all the way to Germany proper. What happened this time?

Still a WIP, looking up African mythology is a lot harder then I expected... India is just a half informed patch up now. Still looking for stuff to put in there.

Age of Beasts 2.2 with legend.png

Status
Not open for further replies.