Alternate world Propaganda

Very nice. What fonts are you using?

Thanks! :D I'm using "Blessed Day" from FontSpace.com. It's almost Coca-Cola, while being different enough to avoid copyrights. :p The "Thirst Stops Here" bit was done in "Remachine Script." You can find both on the "popular" page of the site.

Thanks! :D I'm using "Blessed Day" from FontSpace.com. It's almost Coca-Cola, while being different enough to avoid copyrights. :p
Nice font...might have to scrounge that one up and the others you mentioned as well for some future posters/ads for the TL I put up yesterday. So hard finding good, period style fonts...

What about the header one for the Mussolini Motors?

Nice font...might have to scrounge that one up and the others you mentioned as well for some future posters/ads for the TL I put up yesterday. So hard finding good, period style fonts...

What about the header one for the Mussolini Motors?

Suggestion: Use Ribbet.com to do text on pictures. They have a ton of fonts available, and you can upload all of yours in one click, and you can resize and angle them any way you please. I do most of my textures and what not on there, too. Combined with Paint, you can do pretty much everything. :D

Mussolini Motors was "Team Spirit." I really like that one. I might use it on a couple more, in fact. :cool:

Greek.png

For Particracy.

BTW, Nap, do you plan to do any superhero-based propaganda for the WMIT setting ? Something in the vein of the infamous WWII comic covers, with Superman slapping Japanese soldiers, could maybe work. Example : "Unionman, the True American Hero ! Defending the Republican Union, helping ORRA and the citizenry, beating up Irish, Slavic and anarchist scum wherever they plot their nefarious revolts and conspiracies !" :p :D

BTW, Nap, do you plan to do any superhero-based propaganda for the WMIT setting ? Something in the vein of the infamous WWII comic covers, with Superman slapping Japanese soldiers, could maybe work. Example : "Unionman, the True American Hero ! Defending the Republican Union, helping ORRA and the citizenry, beating up Irish, Slavic and anarchist scum wherever they plot their nefarious revolts and conspiracies !" :p :D

<Unionman punching IRA terrorist Jimmy O'Sweeneysen>

"TAKE THAT, PADDY !"
"OI ! ME BONNY TEETH !"

Wow, just yesterday I thought about downloading the Cap'n America font and making "Colonel Union". :D

hey napoleon, where did you get the 1950's fonts?

FontSpace.com and Dafont.com. :)

<Unionman punching IRA terrorist Jimmy O'Sweeneysen>

"TAKE THAT, PADDY !"`
"OI ! ME BONNY TEETH !"

"Meanwhile, back in Gotham..."

"Holly Papist Imperialism, Bat-Union-Man! It's a villainous Leprechaun!"

"It sure is, old chum! Hold steady against his brainwave attacks; they'll turn you into a Pope-kissing Catholic!"

*Bat-Union-Man and his faithful ward beat the stuffing out of some random Irish pedestrian while screaming about absinthe and Gustavus Adolphus* :p

OK, to get stuff for my Sparrow Avengers setting going again, I'll slightly jump ahead to the end of the alternate 1930s and show you this lovely cautionary poster. Published by the Ministry of War of the Czech-Moravian-Silesian Republic in the last few months and weeks leading up to the start of the alternate Second World War. The poster warns the citizens of the Czech lands from the agression, espionage and skulduggery of the Fascist German Reich, the Falangist Free State of Silesia, and by extension, Fascist Italy, Falangist Spain and Integralist Brazil.

Translation (from Czech) :

"THEY ARE WATCHING US

Don't allow yourself to be fooled by them
Don't reveal a single word to them
Don't give them an inch of land

AND OUR TRUTH WILL TRIUMPH !"

:D

The last sentence is a deliberate nod to the classic patriotic motto of the Czech lands - "Truth will triump !" (or, "Truth will prevail !"). ;)

That picture is amazing.

My modification of it does not belong in this thread, but, rather, in ah.com memes, https://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showthread.php?p=7908163#post7908163

From "A Barrage of Fear and Greed" future, in a world where the Kaiser has no stigma attached to the title or riding like one, and where the Columbia Motors Company didn't go out of business....yet still manages to make a large, lumpy 1950's electric powered car...

Technically its business/consumerist propaganda versus overtly political propaganda....

247wAhj.jpg

From "A Barrage of Fear and Greed" future, in a world where the Kaiser has no stigma attached to the title or riding like one, and where the Columbia Motors Company didn't go out of business....yet still manages to make a large, lumpy 1950's electric powered car...

Technically its business/consumerist propaganda versus overtly political propaganda....

Awesome job! Did you use a font for "Columbia" or was it real? I really like how it gets smaller at the end.

Awesome job! Did you use a font for "Columbia" or was it real? I really like how it gets smaller at the end.
It's the real logo for the Columbia Motor Company, just cloned into the space.

And thanks, I used a mixture of the fonts you mentioned for this one, to try and get the look of a real 1950's car ad.

Also, I recommend looking at humorist/parodist/cartoonist Bruce McCall for some of his fake ads he did in the 70's and 80's, which parody the 1950's and 60's car ads pretty well, even with the obviously parodic cars in them.

For example:
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2462/3916146109_37d82901be_b.jpg

^Even the fins have fins. :D

So, here's a new one from my Madness TL. I was thinking it would be cool to have some sort of racial minority hero to show the entire world isn't a total cesspool of bigotry. :p The first thing I thought of is this guy:

9312253686_682188e1b9_z.jpg

I'm picturing him being a huge Southron celebrity, making the circuit in Virginia, Georgia, and the Carolinas, and then doing a one-time only concert in the Union, which triggers riots and protests, and his talent makes hardliners doubt that all the minorities are "Inferiors." He's also an obvious parody of Jerry Lee Lewis, Chubby Checkers, and the Gaylords: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPGQuaD6ggs Even in the more liberal and much more accepting South he's a racial stereotype and they only like it when he sings cartoonishly ethnic songs (with ridiculous titles like "Fong of the South") with a put-on accent (like some kind of sideshow attraction), but I'm thinking he secretly hates it and he might push for increased acceptance of minorities everywhere and try doing serious protest music. In the end, he discovers the Union allowed the concert in their country only to get him trapped and to assassinate him. :eek: I think he could be a pretty badass freedom-fighter character. :D I guess he's a little like Louis Armstrong in TL-191.

Last edited:
Would anyone care to blank this out for me? Whatever I'd do to the grass part would look horrible. :p But I really want to make my own version of this:

Sacrifice.jpg

Also, guys, from now on, whenever I blank a poster myself, I'll post it here for public use. :D Since I have to do it anyway, might as well help some folks wanting to do the same thing!