Alternate world Propaganda

A van for ze folk! A FOLKMOBILE! :p:D

And, very environmentally considerate! For example, the interior upholstery is made of recycled materials from dead prisoners. (One asks, What kind of prisoners? And one hears in response, silence, a distant chirp of crickets, somewhere a dog barks...)

Their old business partner Ernie Rohm. He was fired in the Night of the Long Briefcases. Rohm and the Brown Coveralls gang were just striking too often. Oil is a nasty business. :p

(removes hat and holds it over chest in respectful manner while looking around the room to ensure being unobserved)

And, very environmentally considerate! For example, the interior upholstery is made of recycled materials from dead prisoners. (One asks, What kind of prisoners? And one hears in response, silence, a distant chirp of crickets, somewhere a dog barks...)

(removes hat and holds it over chest in respectful manner while looking around the room to ensure being unobserved)

And bio-fuel made from the tears of orphans!

Himmler sees you trying to look inconspicuous. You must be purged. :p

9346957363_ebc880b4e0_z.jpg

I looooovveeee SEP covers, so I made this one for my Madness TL. :D

I'd like to make a request to those in this thread more talented than I.

Everything in this thread looks 1900-50ish, which is understandable, that's when posters like that were made, and if there was a total war waged in a later decade most news and propaganda would be delivered by television. However some posters would still be made.

I'd love to see some 70s or 80s style posters up in here. Perhaps album covers might be a good source of material?

How about some posters for the Able Archer WWIII? That's a pretty popular timeline.

I'd love to see some 70s or 80s style posters up in here.

I actually have one or two posters from the alternate 1970s nearly finished for my Sparrow Avengers universe. One is a recruitment poster for the White Russian army in one of the White Russian states. Because, even though the civil war ended decades ago, "we need more men to fight the Bolshevik scum willing to infest our dear motherlands with the influence of their perfiduous theology of envy". Naturally, from what the poster will look like, you'll get a hint that the WRs and their governments are no better than the Reds. Such is life when you have two sets/alliances of authoritarian countries fighting spitting bile and doing the occassional border skirmish with each other for decades.

Huh, "identical grandson" ? :p

It's not supposed to be the grandson. :p;) It's supposed to be the old painting of Napoleon I, showing the glory days and wondering if Napoleon IV will be like that. Napoleon IV is a bald guy with a handlebar mustache. :p

Although now that I think about it, I can see where the confusion may arise. Dayum. :p

It's not supposed to be the grandson. :p;) It's supposed to be the old painting of Napoleon I, showing the glory days and wondering if Napoleon IV will be like that. Napoleon IV is a bald guy with a handlebar mustache. :p

Although now that I think about it, I can see where the confusion may arise. Dayum. :p

Interesting and rather logical.

I actually have one or two posters from the alternate 1970s nearly finished for my Sparrow Avengers universe. One is a recruitment poster for the White Russian army in one of the White Russian states. Because, even though the civil war ended decades ago, "we need more men to fight the Bolshevik scum willing to infest our dear motherlands with the influence of their perfiduous theology of envy". Naturally, from what the poster will look like, you'll get a hint that the WRs and their governments are no better than the Reds. Such is life when you have two sets/alliances of authoritarian countries fighting spitting bile and doing the occassional border skirmish with each other for decades.

Sounds cool, can't wait to see it.

The cover for the infamous Union propaganda novel All Quiet on the Columbian Front. The novel glorified America's "war martyrs" in the conflict against the Columbian nations (Virginia, Georgia, etc), and promoted belief in the "Divine Will" of Manifest Destiny. The book was responsible for many soldiers engaging in suicide attacks on enemy forces, believing Eric J. Remark's tales of those killed in battle immediately ascending into Heaven. Many of these suicide troops would tie a Manifest Destiny Party flag around their foreheads, pray, and then go attack.

9405194829_2aec295186.jpg

American racist, cultist, pseudo-Nazi-Soviet, Imperial Japanese-ish kamikaze soldiers. :eek:

BTW, could anyone blank this one out for me?

w207816281.jpeg

Because I'm extremely slow in finding out how to use features, it has taken me about 2 years to figure out how to add textures on Paint.net

Anyway, its a tourist poster from the 50's telling people to come to "Pacifico Central", or the Spanish controlled Pacific Islands.

SAqqbSe.png

whitecrow

Banned
03-1arr_5003.jpg

The text, in Russian, says "We'll take everything back"

Anyone want to speculate on what TL it can be from? Kind of makes me think of a Russian poster from a Nazi victory TL but the women doesn't look like a typical USSR propaganda figure so it doesn't quite work.

Guys and gals... I'd better drop the bomb right now. No sense in prolonging it, it will be asked sooner or later.

Would you like to move this thread to the newly created artwork forum ?

Last edited: