Napoleon's Victory [LONG]

Very interesting posts here.

Lysandros Aikiedes said:
I take that after the First Great War, the Austro-Hungar-Bohemian Empire becomes this TL's version of Switzerland. Do they become renowned for their banking system as well

Yes, in the far future. Partially due to their neutrality and their keen banking sense. Neutral Switzerland also exists ITTL.

Zauberfloete said:
A small Question: What are the status of the Flemish, Dutch and German subjects of France? Surely the Flemish Bloc are some sort of Pan-Germanism groups are causing some trouble. Are there any autonomous status or are they "frenchified"!
Could it cause some trouble with a more unified Germany, wanting to bring all Germans under one nation? Particulary troublesome must be the north sea provinces and Holland since they are more than the all "left of the rhine" ambitions!
But then the troubles could be solved by giving all the more autonomy (benelovent way), or just ban them on the Devils Island (and making it more troublesome).

I'd say they are pretty frenchified at this point though they still retain their local customs and language. There is a degree of autonomy but nothing as extreme as active independence movements. The new united Germany is too weak and close to France to even fathom demanding territory from powerful France. Dissidents are indeed banned.

Communist Wizard said:
Oh, and if you wanted it to be 'Tomorrow's Russia', it would be Zavtraniya Russia.

Thanks! Is that what it should be? The Party's name is Party of Tomorrow or Tomorrow's Party, and when I say Zavtra Russia it is equivalent to Nazi Germany. Is is Partiya Zavtraniya?

Vault-Scope

Banned
Madness?

Originally posted by Vault-Scope

Why do you think Poland would need to be liberated? WI Poles manage to hold their own long enough for French and German troops to roll over Prussia and help Poland with Russians?

Simply... because... this is.....
THIS IS PR-USSI-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! :D

it still doesn't stop the fact that France had lost most of her colonies in the following years after the war. ... her empire is gone

Loose colonies? How so? By armed native insurrections? They will only be crush.... subdued with chemical weapons, just like middle-easter populations after OTL WWI...
Japanes? They would only loose asian colonies, britain would be the main looser.
The United States?

and her military and navy isn't as large as it was before or during the war.

Which navy and military would be larger would be larger? Which military alliance would be stronger than the one centered around Paris, if they won the war?

If Poland falls, then Germany will be devastated and its in France's best interest not to let the Russians gain a foothold in Germany.

It would be Germany´s best interest to stop a Russian advance into Germanic territories, which might well lead to division between French and German armies...
Franco-Germans would face a fighting retreate, a far greater difficulty advancing than OTL european axis in 1942 and even 1943.
St-Petersburg would only have its population and governement evacuated eastward and made into a forteress, wich would be much better preparations for siege than OTL Leningrad, if Franco-German armies even reaches that far.

The Morgenthau Plan in OTL to reduce Germany into a cow pasture after the 2nd World War wasn't implemented because it would result in famine and the starvation of millions of Germans. It was designed to starve the German population. Tens of millions of Germans would have starved to death in the first two years after the war had the Plan been implemented. Think I made up the "Stauffenberg Plan?" I based that on the Morgenthau Plan. Russia would be even more devastated by this kind of plan because Russia has a much larger population and dismantling its factories that mass produce foods, and the railroads needed to get that food in the vast Russian interior especially during the hard winter months is a recipe for disaster that would result in the deaths of scores of millions of Russians.

No, it wasn´t implemented for the same reason the marshall plan was launched, the soviet-union. European powers will found themself in a potentially far worst post-war situation than the USA in OTL.
Industry doesn´t produce food, farming and agriculture do. At worst, it might prevent mecanised agriculture, something that might not be that widspread in TTL Russia.
See Zimbabwe and South Africa for example, industry left to decay resulted in little food shortage but when farming was attacked, food shortage expanded and would have resulted in disaster without foreign help.
TTL Russia have a much lower population density than OTL Germany, the coldest areas have little population, population that survived for centuries without railways.
OTL, it was only Stalinist industrialisation that brought first railways to these areas and it took a long time before they where properly connected.

Last edited:
BUMP!!!!

How about posting those portraits of monarchs Zach? Also, who founded the Freedom Party? Whoever that person was must have been a true visionary in race relations, way ahead of his time. There must be an interesting story there.

Great story, but you have the wrong picture of the castle in Sweden. What we see in the couppart is a picture of the parliamentbuilding taken from the castle

To the author :

Great timeline ! I hope you'd write a few short stories in this setting... It would be awesome. No kidding.

Dear Readers,

I have some bad news for the immediate future of this timeline. In one week exactly, I will be moving to New York for college. As I am from Florida, this is going to be a huge move for me, the first time I'll be away from my hometown for longer than a couple weeks. That being said, I must sadly suspend this timeline until I get accustomed to college. It is a very exciting time of my life and I don't want to be burdened with deadlines for this timeline. I love writing this and if I give myself deadlines, it will only start to suck. And no one wants a bad timeline.

Don't think for a second that I am going to stop writing. I will probably write this forever. It's been suspended many times throughout high school, though the reader base was non-existent then. Now, with over 50,000 views, I thought you should know why the next update will be in the far future.

Many apologies to leave on such a cliff hanger. WWII ITTL is going to be so awesome.

Many thanks for your consideration,

Zach

Dear Readers,

I have some bad news for the immediate future of this timeline. In one week exactly, I will be moving to New York for college. As I am from Florida, this is going to be a huge move for me, the first time I'll be away from my hometown for longer than a couple weeks. That being said, I must sadly suspend this timeline until I get accustomed to college. It is a very exciting time of my life and I don't want to be burdened with deadlines for this timeline. I love writing this and if I give myself deadlines, it will only start to suck. And no one wants a bad timeline.

Don't think for a second that I am going to stop writing. I will probably write this forever. It's been suspended many times throughout high school, though the reader base was non-existent then. Now, with over 50,000 views, I thought you should know why the next update will be in the far future.

Many apologies to leave on such a cliff hanger. WWII ITTL is going to be so awesome.

Zach

Zach,

Like you mentioned earlier, the previous incarnation of this TL had lain dormant and commentless for about two years and during that time, the reader base was non-existent. However, it should be noted that during that time, there was at least one fella who never lost faith in it (me!;)). I waited a really long time for TTL and its brilliant writer to come back and when that happened, I realized it was more than well worth the long wait. Now, that TTL has a large amount of dedicated readers (as it should have been since the start), this time I can join with other people in excited anticipation for the next update, no matter how far in the future that may be.

That being said; Good luck with college! I wish you all the best! Take as much time as you want and don't worry about TTL, there is no pressure. Thanks for this magnificent TL! :)

Hamburger

My wife recently divorced me, my only son despises me as a result and I lost my employment at the Ulster Bank Limited Corporation. I was on the verge of attempting to commit suicide via overdose on oxycotin, but this timeline has given me something to live for. Its masterful storytelling and inventive yet plausible sequences of events have captivated my enthusiasm and given me something to live for. Many days i just sit at my computer and click refresh time upon time, praying that this 'Zach' character will post another aesthetically pleasing and powerful update. I fear that if this timeline ever ended I would once again turn back to my suicidal ways.

Arsenic or Exhaust Fumes in the garage?

If you're joking then;

HAHA! :):):)

If you're not then;

SHEEE-EESH!!!! :mad::mad::mad: The guy is going to college, give him a friggin' break!

I wish you luck! In your spare time, of course, you'll be further refining the Second Great War post, right? ;)

I want it as awesome as possible when you come back. :D

Dear Readers,

Zach

First off, no worries my friend. Update when your damn good and ready...

Second, where in New York? It's just it's my home state, and I'm a tad curious.

Finally, good luck...

Dear Readers,

I have some bad news for the immediate future of this timeline. In one week exactly, I will be moving to New York for college. As I am from Florida, this is going to be a huge move for me, the first time I'll be away from my hometown for longer than a couple weeks. That being said...

Good luck with your move and college Zach! Have fun and work hard.

Thanks everyone for the kind wishes.

I promise I will not cease to write this TL and I will not stop writing until it is done. Heck, I already have the first two years of the war written out and an outline for the rest of the war. This TL will continue but at a much slower pace. Thank you all so much for your kind words!

AH.com is a true community :)

mrhistory

Donor
New York?

Zach,

Taking time off from an excellent thread is completely understandable. Now, if you turn around and become a Yankees fan, I will never forgive you!!!!!!!!!!!!!