Napoleon's Victory [LONG]

Will the Second Great War and the inevitable excesses of the Zavtra ideology lead to a further liberalization in the post-war world?

Prussia's vengance ias nigh, as is the liberation of the Balkans! Let the Continental system crack, shatter, and vanish into the sands of history. France has had it too good to long, a time for regime change is at hand, lets see what a Aztra world is made of.

And I still hear nothing of Poland... :(
Considering the situation in Poland's neighbourd countries I would say Poles must be armed to the teeth right now, with very solid alliance with France. Technically, they should probably be on the same level as France, Prussia and Russia.

Hey Zach, how about letting us see what the various colonial flags look like? Along with any other significant flags that are different from OTL? Excluding of course the ones you've already shown for Germany and the Americas. It'd be interesting to see the ones for Poland, Greek Somalialand and the Japanese Philippines.

Also, how about some portraits of current and previous historical figures like Napoleon's III & IV, Tsar Mikhail's II & III, King Jerome of Germany, etc. What do they look like?

I really want to do a lot of stuff that is out of the formal tone I've been using. I tried that in previous pages with the book review for the biography of Napoleon III. Stuff like speeches, passages from diaries, books, etc. I also want to dedicate a whole section to culture - literature, art, music, and later radio and film. How do you all feel about that?

And I know you're probably gonna do this in the long term after the Second Great War but I'm still really waiting for it especially the one about culture and art. So please don't forget!

Keep up all the excellent work! :)

Hey Zach, how about letting us see what the various colonial flags look like? Along with any other significant flags that are different from OTL? Excluding of course the ones you've already shown for Germany and the Americas. It'd be interesting to see the ones for Poland, Greek Somalialand and the Japanese Philippines.

Also, how about some portraits of current and previous historical figures like Napoleon's III & IV, Tsar Mikhail's II & III, King Jerome of Germany, etc. What do they look like?

And I know you're probably gonna do this in the long term after the Second Great War but I'm still really waiting for it especially the one about culture and art. So please don't forget!

Keep up all the excellent work! :)

I agree with all your points, Burger.

Zach, I've got an idea for you; you make several posts about culture regarding cultural changes since the POD, and when you're up to date (1935), you post the WW2 equivalent update.

Thank you all for the kind words :)

Kriegdämmerung said:
My only question is when did Brazil get Angola back? I thought they lost it after the Great War to Portugal...

I forgot who, but someone mentioned that they ought to have kept it in exchange for giving up conquered French South America. I agreed. Though Brazil did lose Mozambique to France.

Archangel said:
Will the Second Great War and the inevitable excesses of the Zavtra ideology lead to a further liberalization in the post-war world?

Most likely, especially as more liberal countries (at least in terms of political systems) like the USA and CSA gain international clout.

Herr Frage said:
Prussia's vengance ias nigh, as is the liberation of the Balkans! Let the Continental system crack, shatter, and vanish into the sands of history. France has had it too good to long, a time for regime change is at hand, lets see what a Aztra world is made of.

I feel like I am under intense pressure to make the French lose!

seraphim said:
Considering the situation in Poland's neighbourd countries I would say Poles must be armed to the teeth right now, with very solid alliance with France. Technically, they should probably be on the same level as France, Prussia and Russia.

Absolutely, Poland is quite strong. I neglected to do a segment on them, I apologize.

Hamburger said:

Good idea. I haven't created colonial flags but I'd like to make a map with flags on it. Did you know I have a portrait for every single monarch in this TL? A couple years ago when I made the royal families, I found pictures for every monarch. Some of them don't make sense (some British monarchs look downright Portuguese!) but I will be sure to post them tonight.

I've already written an outline for the Second Great War so I know what will happen and more importantly, who will win or lose. It will prove to be an exciting war filled with battles and the like but I am not going to give anything away. :D

Sorry rottenfire.

Depending on the outcome of the war, might we see a larger unified Germany, and perhaps (please) a reestablished Holy Roman Empire?

This is a possibility if the French win. The latter really isn't...wasn't HRE disbanded by Napoleon I?

I know I'm a little late, but Zach, it's just silly that Brazil would trade French SoAm for Angola. Angola is little but a prestige colony for Brazil, whereas Guyana is closer, and would have an even greater prestige boost for the Brazilians. "Brazil, champion of the South American continent... NOT.";):rolleyes:

No, no, Brazil lost the war even though it occupied French SA. I had originally said that ALL Brazilian colonies would be given away to other countries but changed that when someone pointed out that they should at least keep one colony since they HAD to give victorious France their colony back.

No, no, Brazil lost the war even though it occupied French SA. I had originally said that ALL Brazilian colonies would be given away to other countries but changed that when someone pointed out that they should at least keep one colony since they HAD to give victorious France their colony back.

Oookay. That makes more sense. Thanks.

However, your interrogation is not over. More question/comments below.

1: I noticed that your Latin America ITTL is much different from OTL Latin America for little explained reasons. Some butterflies are obvious, whereas others are ignored. It seems that you semi-skipped serious research into the effects on Latin America ITTL. If you need some help with it to give it a more "real feel", I'm (more than) willing to help (please;)).

2: What is Mormonism/TTL's equivalent like? Just wondering.

3: What's India like ITTL? Being a dominon in the British Empire, it has a LOT of influence over the rest of the empire, politically, economically, and possibly even culturally.

Zach according to your map Greece has Somaliland with very suspicious OTL borders. Since Greece is smaller then OTL, how did this come about?

I wopuld guess they were given a colony to placate their nationalists who want to liberate the Greeks still living under Ottoman rule.

2: What is Mormonism/TTL's equivalent like? Just wondering.

I'm also waiting for Zach to answer this but I think they still exist ITTL because if you look at the US map he posted on page one, the state above Utah is called "Deseret", which is a name that could have only come from the Mormons as they believe it is Ancient Hebrew or something for "honeybee".

Also, a fourth question: On the maps on the first page, you show Central America to own Yucatan and surrounding region, yet this is part of Mexico on the most recent map. Did they give it back or something?