Geronimo : What if Osama Bin Laden was killed prior to 9/11?

So wait, does the infamous "Boomerang Controller" for the PS3 that was ditched early on IOTL actually becomes the standard controller for the PS3 ITTL?
gxb8xmz19ug81.jpg
You rage with this remote it will come back to ya!

Pretty interesting stuff.

Captain America being the MCU's first film, eh? Well, it almost happened IOTL -- Jon Favreau had actually wanted to direct a Cap film instead of an Iron Man one.

Pretty interesting stuff.

Captain America being the MCU's first film, eh? Well, it almost happened IOTL -- Jon Favreau had actually wanted to direct a Cap film instead of an Iron Man one.
I think it might happen here Captain America would be the first film while a iron man film would be second or third movie to come out after the Captain America film

Looking ahead to 2007, no Iraq War probably means Tony Blair stays on as PM until the next election in 2009 or 2010, becoming the longest-serving Prime Minister since the Marquess of Salisbury, who served 1895-1902

Last edited:
One of the biggest new artists of the year was the British pop starlet Lily Allen who came to prominence on the online social media platform Myspace, she was widely seen as a strong and rebellious voice of the new generation, for her outspokenness and willingness to trash talk other artists. Allen’s emergence came at the same time as other newly popular young female artists like the Disney Productions backed pop artist Ashley Tisdale who soared to teenage popularity following the release of the Disney Channel Movie Hannah Montana, as well as the country-pop artist Miley Cyrus
1704298265921.png

(Top left to right) Lily Allen, Poster for Hannah Montana Movie, Madonna during the 2006 tour
(Middle left to right) Nu-Rave bands Arctic Monkeys and the Klaxons
(Bottom left to right) Justin Timberlake, the Taylor Swift album and Britney Spears
Well, it looks like Miley Cyrus goes right into the music industry instead of playing Hannah Montana. I wonder how my siblings would have reacted to the show with Ashley Tisdale playing Hannah Montana instead of Miley Cyrus.

Other pieces of tech people got their hands on this year were the new edition of MacBooks and iMacs from Apple completing the transition to using Intel chips, and in the mobile phones department one of the exciting pieces was a Windows-powered “Smartphone” attempting to compete with the highly popular Blackberry, the Palm Treo 700, that packed a major punch able to access high data speed, do email, play music and stream television seen as an efficient yet clunk piece of kit, that could represent the way forward for the industry, that was matched by the Blackberry 8800, Samsungs BlackJack both trying to replicate their innovation however there was growing industry buzz surrounding Apple and rumors that it was preparing to unveil a mobile phone the next year.

It looks like Microsoft is getting into the smartphone game. I know they made phones in OTL with Windows Phone, but it didn't catch on and got discontinued.

All this attention signaled to most of the tech and business world, that investing in the internet was now a safe and potentially extremely lucrative bet, following TheFacebook buyout, Myspace and its parent company Intermix explored acquisition bids running in the hundreds of millions of dollars, from big money companies like media conglomerate Viacom with an initial bid of $500 Million, then news giants like the Murdoch owned Newscorp with a subsequent bid of $650 Million but both firms were somehow outspent by the search engine behemoth Google for a monstrous $780 million dollars in stock, further consolidating both Google and Myspace’s role in the internet as we know it today, “It’s important to move Google to where the users are and where the user-generated content is” said Google Chairman Eric Schmidt concluding the deal in May 2006 and further adding to Googles portfolio.
First MySpace buys out Facebook, then MySpace gets bought out by Google. I wonder how the the Google-MySpace partnership will turn out.

The release of the film, as it would turn out would be Pierce Brosnan's final role as 007. With uncertainty from the studios about his return given diminishing financial rewards and moderate critical reception, a fact mocked with comparisons to the new Bond parody film Austin Powers 4, which according to legend drew some of its comedy from an early draft of the Bond movie scrips which prompted last-minute re-edits to avoid embarrassment.

Some of the year's other major releases included Superhero movies which had quickly risen to regularly perform well financially, including an update to Fox’s X-Men Franchise and DC added to its new roster of heroes with Wonder Woman the biggest movie of the year which followed the Star Spangled gal (Played by Sarah Michelle Gellar) in a fish out of water action-comedy.
I'm not really into James Bond, but it's still sad that it didn't do that good. However, a fourth Austin Powers movie was something I wasn't expecting at all. I know that back in the 2000s that there were talks about doing a fourth film, but it never went anywhere.

Ooh, it looks like Warner Bros. and DC Comics are starting the DC Cinematic Universe several years earlier. Having a Wonder Woman movie follow Superman: Flyby and Batman Born Again makes sense. Also, it's pretty interesting that DC (Wonder Woman) and Marvel (X-men 3) competed at the box office again in 2006 like they did in 2004 with Marvel's Spider-Man 2 and DC's Superman: Flyby.

I wonder if Marvel will start their own cinematic universe like they did in OTL.

Other notable movies of the year included the mockumentary Borat, a film supposedly about a television presenter from Kazakhstan traveling the United States, but is actually following a fictional character fooling his interviewees and guests with his own ignorance, notable scenes include Borat fooling various celebrities, news presenters and politicians into thinking he really represents the country and tricking them into supporting fictional causes in a display that lead to reviewers criticizing the “over cynical view of Americans good-hearted nature, regarding the plight of even fictional countries and diseases abroad” according to Christopher Hitchens for Slate.

As for other comedies released in 2006 designed to lampoon the nation’s growing obsession with celebrity culture and growing self-obsession. Americatastrophe following a celebrity starlet who via backroom machinations becomes the President of the United States meant to characterize the new era of well-groomed, glamourous, egotistical made-for-TV politics, typified by U.S. politicians like (President Edwards and Governor Huffington), In the same vein the popular country band the Dixie Chicks became the latest in a line of attempts to turn musicians into film stars in American Dreamgirlz, a light-hearted comedy musical about country artists entering a talent show while crossing sleazy producers, television executives and reporters in order to win, the film flopped in part due to the trio’s lack of acting prowess, comedic timing and dismal writing.

The year saw several popular sci-fi films both sequels of sorts with vastly different receptions. One was the big-budget sequel to 1996’s Independence Day, Independence Day II, where humanity had to face off against an even more powerful alien force, 10 years after the events of the first film bringing back the old cast of characters to yet again barely save the earth from destruction, on a more introspective note director Alfonso Cuarón brought to life the 1992 novel ‘Snow Crash’ in a film that asked how the end of the world might actually look, like?
Nice to see Borat still gets made, though it's likely quite different compared to OTL.

It looks like Americatastrophe replaces Idiocracy.

It sucks that the Dixie Chick's film American Dreamgirlz bombed, but I figured that it probably would've anyway.

Hopefully, Independence Day II is better than OTL's Independence Day; Resurgence.

And other historical events were cinematically revisited by Oliver Stone in the movie Waco, following the fatal 51-day siege between the U.S. and Texan state government and the Branch Davidian religious cult, in typical Stone style asking plenty of open-ended questions about the overzealous and chaotic series of events and fully prepared to blame the government as responsible for the deadly conclusion, an allegation that prompted the FBI, ATF and Texas police to refute the films version of events.
It looks like me and a few other users got our predictions about the replacement for the World Trade Center film wrong. I've seen documentaries and the Waco miniseries back in 2018, so a movie about those events should probably be pretty interesting.

The court's liberal majority opened up many avenues for progressive movements trying to make their stamp on the country while they could, and domestically there were ripple effects. Gay rights and the right to marriage in particular emerged as the critical cultural battleground of the era represented by the Oscar-winning Brokeback Mountain and in New Jersey where newly sworn-in Governor Chris Christie was forced into a lengthy legal and political battle after the court ruled that banning gay marriage in the state was unconstitutional and pushed to enact a marriage or civil unions law, a fight that the governor pledged to “bring all the way to the Supreme Court”.

1704297401385.png

(left to right) Brokeback Mountain Poster, Texas AG Gergg Abbott, New Jersey Governor Christie
Nothing about the timeline itself, but young Chris Christie kind of looks like me in real life!:eek:

In the entertainment industry, communications giant Comcast finally completed its mega deal to acquire the legacy media giant, The Walt Disney Company now renamed Walt Disney Productions, taking control over its many subsidiaries including broadcast network ABC, and cable channels ESPN, the Disney Channel, Jetix and partial ownership of Lifetime, History and of course Disney’s major cash flow in its parks. As part of the takeover Disney Productions acquired a new permanent CEO following the transition, the COO of Comcast Steve Burke, hinting that the new corporation would be focused primarily on its small screen output.

The first major changes involved the integration of the Comcast Sports Group into ESPN, including the Golf Channel and Versus network allowing Comcast networks to quickly bolster ratings with access to the Disney back catalog, with plans to rejuvenate ABC, Disney’s Animated Films Department, and its resorts and parks all struggling under years of financial strain, while investing heavily into the digital space. As a result of the lengthy deal process Disney’s relationship with the Pixar animation studio behind its major previous hits struggled, finishing out its 6-picture deal with the release of Cars in 2006 entering into talks and entering a new 5-picture deal instead with Sony Pictures as the new distributor, and the Marvel Entertainment company began production of its own movie slate starting with Captain America.

1704297283374.png

(Top left to right) Attorney General Eliot Spitzer, and Richard Branson with Conchord Planes
(Bottom left to right) Walt Disney Comcast, Pixar
Jetix? Did Jetix fully take over the Toon Disney Channel?

Oh no! Disney didn't buy out Pixar. That's pretty disappointing. Oh well, hopefully the five picture deal with Sony Pictures will be decent for both companies. However, Disney will still own the rights to the first two Toy Story movies, A Bug's Life, Monsters, Inc., Finding Nemo, The Incredibles and Cars, so Pixar's basically starting from scratch.

Speaking of Marvel starting their own cinematic universe, it looks like it will start with Captain America instead of Iron Man.

This was a pretty interesting update Iwanh. I wonder what 2007 will eventually hold for the world. Keep up the good work my friend.

I suppose 2007 will also be the kickoff of the 2008 Republican presidential primaries. Will be interesting who they pick to go up against Edwards; I assume that Bush's brand of "compassionate conservatism" will hold more sway in the GOP going forward without the failures of his second term, perhaps Huckabee wins?. Giuliani definitely won't be running, so that's the main frontrunner for most of '07 out. Assume the major candidates of the OTL primary: McCain, Huck, Romney, Thompson, Paul, etc. will still be running; it doesn't seem like any big name Republicans who were expected to run didn't.

I suppose 2007 will also be the kickoff of the 2008 Republican presidential primaries. Will be interesting who they pick to go up against Edwards; I assume that Bush's brand of "compassionate conservatism" will hold more sway in the GOP going forward without the failures of his second term, perhaps Huckabee wins?. Giuliani definitely won't be running, so that's the main frontrunner for most of '07 out. Assume the major candidates of the OTL primary: McCain, Huck, Romney, Thompson, Paul, etc. will still be running; it doesn't seem like any big name Republicans who were expected to run didn't.
One interesting consequence of 9/11, is that by making George Bush the War on Terror president, he effectively killed mainstream conservatism as an ideology at national level

In the entertainment industry, communications giant Comcast finally completed its mega deal to acquire the legacy media giant, The Walt Disney Company now renamed Walt Disney Productions, taking control over its many subsidiaries including broadcast network ABC, and cable channels ESPN, the Disney Channel, Jetix and partial ownership of Lifetime, History and of course Disney’s major cash flow in its parks. As part of the takeover Disney Productions acquired a new permanent CEO following the transition, the COO of Comcast Steve Burke, hinting that the new corporation would be focused primarily on its small screen output.
Does Comcast keep abc sports and ESPN separate sports divisions and they don’t merged

In the last two pop culture chapters
Iwanh writing down the birth of Facebook, MySpace, Reddit and WebTube
However I don't see Twitter, or "Status" (Twitter alternate name) here
Is it possible
Twitter never created in TTL?
If that so that would be a biggest butterflied in social media history
Please I need an answer
@Iwanh

Last edited:
In 2006 an animated program released, authored, and illustrated by noted Cartoon Network writer/artist Gerard Way titled The Black Parade a dark comedy about an undead rock band with the goal of harvesting souls through their music, though a child’s show it pushed the boundaries especially for its rather morose imagery, akin to the recently ended Invader Zim.
I guess the theme OP would sounds like this style: