Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

LAWRENCE. OF. BRITANNIA is the only acceptable UoB playthrough, anything else is a betrayal of the people.
Undoubtedly, because as Lawrence you can install the only rightful leader of the UoB, Good Old Clem!
ut3g9wl3pxjz.png

Undoubtedly, because as Lawrence you can install the only rightful leader of the UoB, Good Old Clem!
ut3g9wl3pxjz.png

I agree, Clem does make a good Prime Minister as leader of the "Progressive" Party. Any playthrough without no Internationale and an Entente-ME cold war is wrong.

Break the Trade Unionist Chains! Limited Democracy is a contradiction in terms!

I was thinking over the weekend it would be cool if KR explored some of the kookey religious shit that Pelley had going on. His OTL Silver Legion organisation became increasingly esoteric as time went on, getting involved with New Age thinking pretty early on and only got weirder from there. Pelley developed a religious philosophy called 'Soulcraft' involving his beliefs in UFOs and extraterrestrials. I don't know for certain that this is the same organisation or if this is a pure coincidence but its definitely... something?

I was thinking over the weekend it would be cool if KR explored some of the kookey religious shit that Pelley had going on. His OTL Silver Legion organisation became increasingly esoteric as time went on, getting involved with New Age thinking pretty early on and only got weirder from there. Pelley developed a religious philosophy called 'Soulcraft' involving his beliefs in UFOs and extraterrestrials. I don't know for certain that this is the same organisation or if this is a pure coincidence but its definitely... something?
Dude, be careful with links, man.

Also... "Lightwarriors"? Someone's been getting high on pulp sci-fi.

Mainly with Himmler and the SS. Italy just had some Roman Revanchism.
Britain's fascists included a guy who probably looked at Big Brother and said "I wanna be that guy", and our fascists included a crazed nutjob who thought Jesus talked to him.

Jesus fascists are crazy.

Britain's fascists included a guy who probably looked at Big Brother and said "I wanna be that guy", and our fascists included a crazed nutjob who thought Jesus talked to him.

Jesus fascists are crazy.
Fair enough. Doesn't quite compare to the SS though.

Both, along with numbers of people who actually believe that shit.
Yeah, fair enough, pretty much all fascist ideologies are irrational anyway.

EDIT: Let's be fair, all fascist ideologies are based fundamentally in category-based hatred, there's no need for a qualifier before that "All".

Yeah, fair enough, pretty much all fascist ideologies are irrational anyway.

EDIT: Let's be fair, all fascist ideologies are based fundamentally in category-based hatred, there's no need for a qualifier before that "All".
I wouldn't restrict that to just Fascism though. There are many ideologies that are based on an irrational hatred.

I wouldn't restrict that to just Fascism though. There are many ideologies that are based on an irrational hatred.
Not really? Divine right monarchy is based in a belief that some people are appointed by divine force to rule, which is irrational but not hatred. Democracy is based in the idea that everybody should have a say in how to do things, that's just fair. Neoconservatism is based in the idea of protecting the world order and "modern civilization" from perceived threats; not really hatred, albeit certainly nasty and based in emotional categorizations. Neoliberalism is based on the idea that personal liberty and economic liberty go hand in hand and that mixing both will make everything better; utterly wrong, but not hateful.

Fascism is literally all about how the foreign is evil and the state must be made strong to destroy that which is foreign.

Not really? Divine right monarchy is based in a belief that some people are appointed by divine force to rule, which is irrational but not hatred. Democracy is based in the idea that everybody should have a say in how to do things, that's just fair. Neoconservatism is based in the idea of protecting the world order and "modern civilization" from perceived threats; not really hatred, albeit certainly nasty and based in emotional categorizations. Neoliberalism is based on the idea that personal liberty and economic liberty go hand in hand and that mixing both will make everything better; utterly wrong, but not hateful.

Fascism is literally all about how the foreign is evil and the state must be made strong to destroy that which is foreign.
I hesitate to enter a political discussion, but Wahhabism is another example of a hate filled irrational ideology. I will also say that I personally am a conservative and that I am looking at the exact same historical events you are, however I am seeing a different problem. If you wish to continue that particular conversation i'd ask that you DM me instead. I am perfectly happy to denounce fascism however.

Back to KR I just recently did my Evolutionist UoB playthrough and it was interesting because usually I go Maximist for all that sweet free industry their foci give. Exported the revolution to the Kaiser and the Vozhd after two horrendously bloody wars that was more a slog than a challenge really. Now I think im going to do a Peru or Bolivia run to Confederation which I heard was an option, although I haven't noticed it happening yet.

Speaking of kooky weirdoes, here's a detailed but readable historical overview of the Technocracy movement from a book otherwise chronicling Lyndon LaRouche. Basically, the author compares the two movements and evaluates them as personality cults with fringe beliefs that had kooky ideas from left (planned economy), right (nativism and scapegoating), and center (energy technobabble), and how they both drew from similar milieus of societal interest in scientific management. He summarizes some of Akin's book on technocracy and the details are quite interesting. Definitely worth a read for anyone interested in the movement.