WIP Map Thread

An Ameriwank world. So far I have 82 states.

ameriwanktl2017.png

@SaveAtlacamani Further progress! Now with 126 states including Pulaskia (East Prussia), Lincoln (West Germany/Austria), and Jefferson (Panama). This US is much more multilingual than OTL, with French, Spanish, and English all as major languages.

ameriwanktl2017.png

Is East Germany supposed to be communist (or Europe's North Korea)? Fascist?
It stayed independent of the US after the fall of the Soviet Union. ITTL, the US deported all Germans to Venus after WW2 (I assure you this is not an anti-German thing, as it would involve the alt-me being born there) and the East Germans feared their destruction. They are a North Korea-esque state, under a regime that claims to be centrist.

Why isn't the UK in the US? You know, special relationship and all.
The original idea was that the US annexed every nation it beat (with some exceptions: taking the entire UK in the Revolution would make the US too powerful and disallow a War of 1812). I've decided to keep the UK out of TTLs US.

Where can i find the base map you used?
Here.

I'll give you this. These are the most original borders for Poland I have ever seen.
Thanks! The idea was that Poland as well as other new territories are divided into states that won't dominate the US in population.

CannedTech

Banned
@SaveAtlacamani Further progress! Now with 126 states including Pulaskia (East Prussia), Lincoln (West Germany/Austria), and Jefferson (Panama). This US is much more multilingual than OTL, with French, Spanish, and English all as major languages.

So I originally said I didn't like these state borders, but I have to admit that they're growing on me. Is the whole world gonna be Murka?

Isaac Beach

Banned
I've started learning Chinese given I have a lot of spare time at the moment, and it inspired me to make a map out of one of my favourite parts of this map; the Yangtze River Republic, constituent to the same borders as the province of Hubei. I've only just begun learning Chinese so I'm unsure as to the order of the characters, but I think I've gotten it right for what I have written down.

The flag depicts the nine headed peacock (or bird), a figure that was worshipped in Hubei during the Warring States Period and which is sometimes used as a derogatory term for the Hubeinese but which in this timeline has become an important symbol of their people. It sits atop a blue stripe representing the Yangtze River that snakes through the country, and is bordered by two red stripes, rather unsubtley representing the fascist Luo (under a Genxin or 'rejuvenation' regime) and the apocalyptically Catholic Holy Song.
The country only exists based on Nusantrian (British-in-exile Indonesia) guarantees as to their security and the rather stringent internationalization of the Yangtze River, which also forms the border between the Song and Luo in the east and runs into the delta of the Free City of Shanghai, another Nusantrian client. They have a rambunctious Westminster styled parliamentary system and a surprisingly bustling economy based on rice and fish, mineral extraction and industrial metallurgy.

This of course will all be in the full map, but I have a billion rivers and lakes to do and an endless number of cities. I'll be here a while I suspect. Oh, and any help regarding my Chinese is really appreciated, I'd love some assistance.

Yangtze river republic.png

revwestafrica_by_kitfisto1997-dbuuzdl.png

I'm working on another map for my Rev! TL. Yes, the borders are pretty close to OTL and yes, that mix of the Upper Volta and OTL Ghana looks absolutely haram.

I might fix it, but it looks kinda cool. :p

So I originally said I didn't like these state borders, but I have to admit that they're growing on me. Is the whole world gonna be Murka?
I'll admit the same is happening with me. I'm liking the Mexican states more and more.

To answer your question, no. I originally planned the scenario to be the US wins every war it's in by annexing the losing power. There are some countries the US either hasn't fought or I'm keeping out for other reasons. Some of them (Portugal, South Africa, the PRC, parts of Russia) will not be part of the US.