An Examination of Extra-Universal Systems of Government

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 108228

Guatemala Incorporated is a more functional "anarcho-capitalist" society, although it still has the same "state replaced with a monopoly" deal going.

Yes, similar, but the FSV is AnCap Stalin. Also did you see the replies in the conversation about the Ken'ani. I included N america

Thanks! Unfortunately, the FSV has the country on hard lockdown, not unlike OTL North Korea, so a revolution is unlikely. What is likely is that they piss off the Indians or their increasingly worried American "allies," and they get invaded.

They save their nuclear ire for India, which by this point is a rival of the FSV's ally, the United States.
So the US is the China to the FSV's North Korea, an increasingly annoyed and concerned ally that only backs it because it thinks the alternative would be strategically worse?

So the US is the China to the FSV's North Korea, an increasingly annoyed and concerned ally that only backs it because it thinks the alternative would be strategically worse?

They back them because they have control over the South China Sea, and the alternative - a pro-Indian Philippines - is worse.

Horrifying. Just questioning the ideals is killed or expelled. Like a Stalin-esque state. If it was Anarchist, it must be voluntary. Revolutionary Catalonia showed this. They wanted to collectivize, they wanted unions. This is force, and violates many ideals of Anarchism. The system must be voluntary, not enforced. Some parts want states, some don't. In this scenario, this is intimidation to accept the true, and is blatant authoritarianism.

What about an anarcho-communist/syndicalist project gone wrong?(I think there was a Free Territory entry here,but it was more of a stratocracy) I might try my hand but really busy rn.

On other hand,is there a single-party democracy entry?As in there's legally one party but they have multiple factions so its indistinguishable with multiparty democracy.

Federation of Sovereign Voluntarists

I am still getting vibes from Bioshock which is no surprise here.

I think that Guatemala Inc is more preferable, reasonable and pragmatic than "anarchist-capitalists". It feels so odd to call a bunch of greedy assholes "anarchists". When I hear "anarchists" I imagine them as the "bomb throwing rabble rousers" stereotypes popular in those 19th Century cartoon strips, here they are just plain tinpot dictators and assholes.

On other hand,is there a single-party democracy entry?As in there's legally one party but they have multiple factions so its indistinguishable with multiparty democracy.

That one-party system ideas actually sounds quite interesting. IIRC the CCP in China operates under a similar system... Perhaps I could have a crack at it, just to stop OMally's evil statist monopoly of the thread. :p

What about an anarcho-communist/syndicalist project gone wrong?(I think there was a Free Territory entry here,but it was more of a stratocracy) I might try my hand but really busy rn.

There is a free territory entry here. There is also an entry on North Korea where the Workers' Party operates with multiple factions like you describe. Check them out, if you haven't already!

Deleted member 108228

Maybe if Syndicalism won in the Bolshevik party or in France. the HOI IV mod Kaiserreich talks if germany won ww1 and france and the uk become syndicalist. So maybe I could try and create a scenario. The white army was a hodgepodge of groups, so one group wins and creates their government instead of the Bolsheviks, Same with the red Army

Deleted member 108228

Another idea, the Russian Civil War is more like a meatgrinder than a one sided victory, and many groups branch off from each other, creating twelve factions, and these government could vary from decent ones to HELL. could that work with 12 different Russian government.

The God that Failed
My world map for the Federation of Sovereign Voluntarists. Admittedly a bit unrealistic, but setting up an anarcho-capitalist North Korea was going to be difficult no matter what I did.
  • The PoD is sometime in 2012, and Ron Paul successfully wins both the Republican nomination and the presidency. President Paul, faced with a Congress that does not want him, focuses most of his presidency on foreign affairs, where the president has more exclusive executive power. He withdraws completely from Middle Eastern affairs, and drastically reduces American troop commitments elsewhere. Asia, in particular, is hit hard, and President Paul makes comments that he wouldn't mind the Japanese picking up the slack. He manages to get reelected, and while his second term focused on more domestic issues, he does finish his second term with a near-total withdrawal of American troops in Europe, and total withdrawal from Asia. NATO collapses. The youth wings of both the Democratic and Republican parties are far more energized, leading to the erosion of establishment power, but sidestepping OTL's Trump populism. Ron Paul is succeeded by Bernie Sanders, who focuses his presidency almost entirely on domestic issues, reversing the deregulation but actually increasing cuts to the American military to help pay for his programs.
  • Japan does remilitarize, in reaction to and provoking further Chinese militarization. China seizes the South China Sea by force, and there is an eventual war to topple the Kim regime, with China and South Korea on the same side.
  • After Sanders' presidency, libertarianism in America becomes far more interventionist, resembling the old Republicans. They ironically blame most of the world's geopolitical problems on America's withdrawal from the world stage. Rand Paul becomes president after Sanders, and he undoes much of his father's work and restarts American interventionism, focusing on China in Asia. He does encourage private groups to pick up the slack, but America is the leading force in finally toppling Chinese hegemony in East Asia.
  • After threatening nuclear war, Chinese Communist Party is deposed in a PLA coup, and the PLA makes peace with the Americans. A junta of PLA generals established the “Worker’s Empire,” which despite the name is more akin to Pinochet’s Chile than anything else. The Americans get concessions from China, and China once again withdraws behind its borders. A new era of humiliation by the West begins.
  • After NATO's collapse, Europe creates its own army and eventually federalizes. The Russians follow suit, and the Eurasian Federation is the first project of Putin’s successor.
  • The Middle East is a mess. An alt-ISIS rises up in Iraq and takes over Saudi Arabia after that country falls to civil war after a failed purge of Wahhabism in the government. The Caliphate manages to spread its influence throughout the Islamic world, but is eventually stopped by India, Russia, Europe and the United States.
  • India becomes the new Asian superpower, filling the vacuum left by China. They have become a left-wing answer to libertarian America, being the “social democratic superpower” opposed to unfettered capitalism. They are slowly building their alliances around the Indian Ocean rim, and have even made inroads into South America, aligning with the remnants of the “pink wave.”
  • Chad is an Objectivist empire, established by a local warlord who read too much Ayn Rand. He’s practically sold everything in his country to foreigners, including the people themselves.
TheGodThatFailedFinal.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.