Beedok's Maps Thread

Well I was going to post this in reply to the M countries ISOT map but seeing as I don't know when that's still coming/ if it's still coming at all I decided to just post it. I have a few questions about how the ISOT process has worked:
Are these ISOT's taking place live in time with when you make the maps or all from June 2016 when you started the Alphabetical ISOT series? For nations that have had elections, Coup's or other significant changes in policy or otherwise that might not happen in the aftermath of an ISOT this could make some difference. (I'm looking at you America)

Additionally, since you have previously mentioned that it is the original country's from earth being moved, not just copied, the reactions of the nations and there preparedness , would be very different it they had witnessed other nations systematically disappearing over the last few months based to the first letter of there name and know they were next.
So all leaving at the same time(June 2016 I assume) is the only thing that makes sense. Unless you are retconing that.

Also I have a few comments about the upcoming worlds:

World N: Nigeria has three times the population of everyone else combined and a high percentage of these are young people. They can truly dominate this world as long as they don't fracture between the Muslim north and the Christian south. New Zealand can carve out a nice little Pacific empire for itself.
World O: Oh man, I feel bad for Oman.
World P: Pakistan, Peru, Portugal, Philippines and more, this is a busy world.
World Q: Qatar will explode.
World R: Russia's world, Romania is but a speed bump and Rwanda if far away enough to ignore.
World S: Also very busy.
World T: Turkey, Thailand, Tunisia, Trinidad(and Tobago), sucks to be a landlocked Stan.
World U: Home to the United States and the United Kingdom, Ukraine will be glad this solves their Russia problem. Though with a lower population than some, I expect this world to have very good tech.
World V: Vanuatu can subside of the Oceans but offered no help, Vietnam is far away, Venezuela has high chances of a full blown collapse, yep the Vatican City is f**ked.
World W: does all of Western Sahara come along or just the part not occupied by Morocco? Either way they will have a tough go of it.
World X: The only letter without a country. Does this planet even exist in the ring around the galaxy just uninhabited or did it get skipped all together. Skipping it would not really make sense though given the set rules of how this has functioned.
World Y: Ya man, I feel bad for Yemen. Pretty cheesy the second time I know.
World Z: Two landlocked countries in Southern Africa, at least they have each-other. Oh wait, they hate each-other.

I have noticed that generally the end of the alphabet is much less popular for naming country's. Can't wait for more.

I saw that the hall of infamy was getting pretty heated around the transgender washroom departs last week. Sucks to be kicked for a week. I do hope you don't leave the board.

I have a plan for Planet X, don't worry.
Perhaps it could serve as the location of the Interplanetary UN, if such an organization comes to be. Beacuse no one would regard it as there "Home Turf". Of course this would depend on how fast FTL travel is. Is it instant or does it eventually slow down over long distances?
However based on the only official hint from World C map about FTL comunications finding "something interesting", probably World U, this would not happen for another hundred years or more.

Perhaps it could serve as the location of the Interplanetary UN, if such an organization comes to be. Beacuse no one would regard it as there "Home Turf". Of course this would depend on how fast FTL travel is. Is it instant or does it eventually slow down over long distances?
However based on the only official hint from World C map about FTL comunications finding "something interesting", probably World U, this would not happen for another hundred years or more.
I have a feeling it'll be the location of all our missing Abkhazias...

Hey @Beedok, maybe when the time comes you might finish the series off with a map of the remnants left behind on earth (ISS, Antartica, Navy's out at sea, fishing fleets, commercial shipping, ect) 200 years later naturally.

d2schemingpops.png

How does this look?

Didn't Canada buy Wallis and Futuna as of the notes on the "Eve of the contact war" map? Because that's missing. It's so light i didn't see it at first (or second) glance.
On the world map it might be helpful to outline countries with there regular colour and than fill them with the population shade, especially in the case of Britain with there retained (though decreased) overseas colonial empire. I am familiar enough with the other maps in the series to remember what is British but still a bit confusing. Also are the overseas British lands fully integrated TTL?
Why do the autonomous areas of India have separate nation level population colours but not north and south china, surely the indian autonomous provinces (states? kingdoms?) are more integrated than communist and capitalist china.

A few areas you have missed when colouring in on the world map: Aleutians, one of the Australian pacific island territories, etc.

Otherwise looking good, is the total world population higher or lower than OTL/ what is it?

Unrelated to this map but related to the series: Is racist/fascist USA showing any signs of maybe falling or democratizing in the next decade? Past write-ups have mentioned economic mismanagement taking it's tool and Brazil breaking away (taking Peru and Bolivia with them I assume) but will they ever fall?

Didn't Canada buy Wallis and Futuna as of the notes on the "Eve of the contact war" map? Because that's missing. It's so light i didn't see it at first (or second) glance.
Yeah... a few others like that too.
On the world map it might be helpful to outline countries with there regular colour and than fill them with the population shade, especially in the case of Britain with there retained (though decreased) overseas colonial empire. I am familiar enough with the other maps in the series to remember what is British but still a bit confusing. Also are the overseas British lands fully integrated TTL?
I was debating something along those lines.
And yes, they are fully integrated (guaranteeing Labour control of Westminster).
Why do the autonomous areas of India have separate nation level population colours but not north and south china, surely the indian autonomous provinces (states? kingdoms?) are more integrated than communist and capitalist china.
Honestly? I felt to lazy to do the full outline for China...
A few areas you have missed when colouring in on the world map: Aleutians, one of the Australian pacific island territories, etc.
It's not finished.
Otherwise looking good, is the total world population higher or lower than OTL/ what is it?
About on par with OTL's 2002. Probably a little lower.
Unrelated to this map but related to the series: Is racist/fascist USA showing any signs of maybe falling or democratizing in the next decade? Past write-ups have mentioned economic mismanagement taking it's tool and Brazil breaking away (taking Peru and Bolivia with them I assume) but will they ever fall?
They stumbled towards a more liberalised economy and race structure (shades of OTL's China and Putin's Russia), but that proved unpopular and saw another counter coup to an anti-intellectual populist and racist element when income inequality began skyrocketing and small numbers of minority folks* began climbing above the very bottom rung.

*Excluding Asians, Asians were allowed to reach the middle class previously.

Looking at the smaller map showing populations of Canada and USA Provinces, States and territories made me wonder, which of Canada's provinces are officially bilingual at the provincial level? Nova Scotia must be same as OTL, the province around Montreal (Ottowais?) would probably be, Labrador and Superior could be, anything in the west depends on the settlement paterns TTL. I would expect Quebec and all the other Caribbean provinces bought from France to keep officially French provincial governments. Unless all provinces must be officially bilingual TTL?

Adit: in regards to the Caribbean provinces having French provincial governments, to more years they spent as territories before they became provinces the more likely they would be to keep a bilingual provincial government (presumably all territorial governments are bilingualism TTL).

Looking at the smaller map showing populations of Canada and USA Provinces, States and territories made me wonder, which of Canada's provinces are officially bilingual at the provincial level? Nova Scotia must be same as OTL, the province around Montreal (Ottowais?) would probably be, Labrador and Superior could be, anything in the west depends on the settlement paterns TTL. I would expect Quebec and all the other Caribbean provinces bought from France to keep officially French provincial governments. Unless all provinces must be officially bilingual TTL?

Adit: in regards to the Caribbean provinces having French provincial governments, to more years they spent as territories before they became provinces the more likely they would be to keep a bilingual provincial government (presumably all territorial governments are bilingualism TTL).

Quebec, Outaouais, Labrador, Superior, Manitoba, and Athabasca are all bilingual in continental Canada, though Quebec is basically like 98% Francophone. In the Caribbean, most of the Lesser Antilles region is bilingual with Antillean Creole being quite common too. Belize and Guyana meanwhile are English-Spanish bilingual instead.

Here is a buttload of questions for you! :)
Quebec, Outaouais, Labrador, Superior, Manitoba, and Athabasca are all bilingual in continental Canada, though Quebec is basically like 98% Francophone. In the Caribbean, most of the Lesser Antilles region is bilingual with Antillean Creole being quite common too. Belize and Guyana meanwhile are English-Spanish bilingual instead.
So do any provinces have fully French Provincial level governments?

Maybe French Canadian Polynesia?

Also is there a province of Guyana and a province of Guiana TTL?

Probably not, but what would OTL's French Guiana be called then?

Moving on to space exploration, you said a bit about it in the 1970s update:
1975 saw Yuri Kirov land as the first man on the Moon, with copilot Svetlana Musabayev the first woman on the Moon minutes later. The Manilla Community would manage a landing by 1976 with a Japanese and Canadian duo once more, by which point the Worker's Federation had managed two more landings. Both sides would slow their rate of moon landings after 1977 when the Worker's Federation had managed 7 and the Manilla Community 5, dropping to once every two years as expenses mounted, and both groups began work on the International Orbital Habitat I.

The Americans made a promise of reaching the Moon eventually, but other concerns would dominate their 1970s.

How long do they keep up there every other year moon landing schedules?

Do they eventually stop like OTL or do they gradually increase the amount of landings again after a few decades?

How similar is the International Orbital Habitat I to the ISS?

Is it still up in the sky circa 2002? (I am assuming it to be TTL's ISS analogue but I might be wrong)

Do the Americans or anyone else have some involvement with the IOH 1, or is it Istanbul accord and Manila Community only?

Did the Americans ever make it to the moon then?

Here is a buttload of questions for you! :)
Yay!

So do any provinces have fully French Provincial level governments?
Quebec and those territories purchased directly from France. Bilingualism is still higher in francophone provinces though (~70% in Quebec or Polynesia vs. ~40% in Alberta).

Maybe French Canadian Polynesia?
Yes, that's one of them.

Also is there a province of Guyana and a province of Guiana TTL?
Yes.
Probably not, but what would OTL's French Guiana be called then?
There's 2 Kingstons, A few cities called Saint John with two provincial capitals called St. John's (Newfoundland and Antigua & Barbuda).
Moving on to space exploration, you said a bit about it in the 1970s update:
I forgot to keep updating that...
How long do they keep up there every other year moon landing schedules?Do they eventually stop like OTL or do they gradually increase the amount of landings again after a few decades?
There were some gradual decreases in the late 80s to early 90s, sometimes a space of 3 or 4 years happening, but there's still a steady number of lunar landings, in cooperation with some satellites and such. Mars however has gotten less investment.
How similar is the International Orbital Habitat I to the ISS?
The IOH I is closer to Mir.
Is it still up in the sky circa 2002? (I am assuming it to be TTL's ISS analogue but I might be wrong)
It's starting to have orbital decay, and the plans for the IOH II are being discussed.
Do the Americans or anyone else have some involvement with the IOH 1, or is it Istanbul accord and Manila Community only?
India and China both sent up astronauts, but so far that's it. Other nations have talked about it.
Did the Americans ever make it to the moon then?
No, after some economic issues it was decided to not be a valuable endeavour (first the free market-ish types disliked large government spending, and the new regime doesn't like science-y stuff).