Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh you know just a little EU-like union between the Nordic countries, only a bit more close knit with a common defense and foreign policy and a more streamlined system of government.

That isn't a half-bad idea actually. Certainly better than trying to work all of Europe into a union.

That isn't a half-bad idea actually. Certainly better than trying to work all of Europe into a union.

Oh yeah. I kinda wish there was something like that IOTL because it would be so much easier to get a handful of countries with common history and similar culture/languages to work together than the mess we have now.

Last edited:
Here's the infobox for George C. Wallace from the AJND timeline. He is the longest serving Attorney General in U.S. history, serving for fourteen years across the Democratic administrations of Ronald Reagan, Ted Kennedy and Geraldine Ferraro. He began his career as a segregationist Governor of Alabama, and sought the Democratic nomination for governor several times, winning the nomination in 1976 (he went on to lose the general election to Republican Governor George Bush of Connecticut). However, later in life, he softened his views on race and is now most well known for helping to craft government reform that was eventually passed in the Chicago Convention in the late 90s, setting legal precedence for American offworld colonies and his strident defense of the American social welfare net.

5dAXXgu.png

Here's the infobox for George C. Wallace from the AJND timeline. He is the longest serving Attorney General in U.S. history, serving for fourteen years across the Democratic administrations of Ronald Reagan, Ted Kennedy and Geraldine Ferraro. He began his career as a segregationist Governor of Alabama, and sought the Democratic nomination for governor several times, winning the nomination in 1976 (he went on to lose the general election to Republican Governor George Bush of Connecticut). However, later in life, he softened his views on race and is now most well known for helping to craft government reform that was eventually passed in the Chicago Convention in the late 90s, setting legal precedence for American offworld colonies and his strident defense of the American social welfare net.

Was segregation still abolished in the 60s ITTL? I'm guessing not.

Was segregation still abolished in the 60s ITTL? I'm guessing not.

Rockefeller (65 - 69), Humphrey (69 - 77) and Bush (77 - 81) all made attempts, but the Southern Democrats managed to block a lot of the changes and different court rulings were weaker and less expansive, so there was still segregation into the 90s, but it was weakening by then. Ironically, it's President Rumsfeld (97 - 05) that really gets the most done.

I thought RFK was the 1976 Dem nomination? You said he was.

I may have at one point but things have changed.

Forget '90s segregation and Attorney General Wallace. Reagan stayed a Democrat ITTL? :eek:

Last edited:
Rockefeller (65 - 69), Humphrey (69 - 77) and Bush (77 - 81) all made attempts, but the Southern Democrats managed to block a lot of the changes and different court rulings were weaker and less expansive, so there was still segregation into the 90s, but it was weakening by then. Ironically, it's President Rumsfeld (97 - 05) that really gets the most done.

A delayed and much slower civil rights movement (without being overtly grimdark like AWOLAWOT) is a very interesting idea that I haven't seen on this website. I presume all there are strong civil rights laws by 2008? IIRC, the Fictional John Durant is a black South Carolinian who leads America into WWIII ITTL. I'd really like to see his infobox, actually.

A delayed and much slower civil rights movement (without being overtly grimdark like AWOLAWOT) is a very interesting idea that I haven't seen on this website. I presume all there are strong civil rights laws by 2008? IIRC, the Fictional John Durant is a black South Carolinian who leads America into WWIII ITTL. I'd really like to see his infobox, actually.

Civil rights were slower and while it was bad with some occasional flare ups and race riots, it wasn't full on civil war. There were stronger laws on the books by the mid 00s, and Durant was a black South Carolinian who wanted to make civil rights more of a focus but the Soviet Union and WW3 got in the way of that.

Is Wales still independent in AJND or is it merged into England? I ask because I saw some Olympic maps where Wales was a part of England.

Wales is independent, and I think that was an oversight on the mapmaker's part.

Status
Not open for further replies.