Air and Space Photos from Alternate Worlds.

Dolphin alien.png
The single most inspiring illistration I have ever seen.:cool: From pg 95 of Isaac Asimov's: great Space Mysteries by Honey Bear Books
Not exactly AH (it does say future in the caption). I feel it should be more like: "When Universes Collide- sentinet Dolphins from an alternate Earth happen across a human Voyager probe lost in space and time." Hope you enjoy it as much as I have.:D

Dolphin alien.png

How does a four legged animal fly an airplane? :confused:

Very, very carefully.

(More seriously, in the show pony feet are rather amazingly adaptable--they can play cellos, among other things. And of course you can always redesign the controls to be more easily manipulated with hooves rather than hands and feet)

Something space related I made a while back

marine_skirmisher_of_the_league_corps_by_colorcopycenter-d76m8w7.png

This illustration depicts a Marine Skirmisher of the Aerospace Corps. A folding photovoltaic pack provides the power required for the operation of her aging Mauser Las-89 rifle, her Zeiss binoculars, and the heating coils of her field uniform. A standard issue respirator half-mask enables her to breathe without the aid of a pressure suit in the partially terraformed Martian atmosphere. A pair of lances, sword bayonet, and saber allow the Marine Skirmisher to hold the line in pitched battle alongside Armada regulars and League levies, while her laser rifle and long range optics make her a particularly formidable threat while conducting reconnaissance out on the open wasteland that characterizes the Northern Hemisphere.

The two gold stripes on her shoulder epaulettes mark the Skirmisher as a Flight Lieutenant, while the plain aluminum crest on her field cap and blue lance pennants are particular to descendents of the 7th Squadron. Her composite armor, highly valued and impossible to replicate with the current level of technology available to the League, is stenciled with its original Armada Marine Corps markings, with the League of Nations emblem on the right upper arm and the League Aerospace Armada emblem on the left breast.

View attachment 227853
The single most inspiring illistration I have ever seen.:cool: From pg 95 of Isaac Asimov's: great Space Mysteries by Honey Bear Books
Not exactly AH (it does say future in the caption). I feel it should be more like: "When Universes Collide- sentinet Dolphins from an alternate Earth happen across a human Voyager probe lost in space and time." Hope you enjoy it as much as I have.:D

Are those sharks... with FRICKIN' LASER BEAMS on their heads?!! :D

Amazing Nixonshead.:cool: Has e of Pi ever thought of making Eyes into a book?:D With the posts being the chapters and of course your illistrations to balance out the words and to make it even better.

Amazing Nixonshead.:cool: Has e of Pi ever thought of making Eyes into a book?:D With the posts being the chapters and of course your illistrations to balance out the words and to make it even better.
Workable Goblin and I have considered it, but to do anything about it, we'd really need to re-write Part I to be up to the standards of Part II and III. That'd take...about a year, and any changes we make could then require butterflies in Part II and III. Plus, we're not sure anyone would be all that interested, so in the meantime we're just going to write Part IV and call it done.

Magic. It's in the name of the show. MLP: Friendship is Magic.

Very, very carefully.

(More seriously, in the show pony feet are rather amazingly adaptable--they can play cellos, among other things. And of course you can always redesign the controls to be more easily manipulated with hooves rather than hands and feet)

Well in this case, WALDOs attached to the wings, with foot pedals for accelerator and the guns.
OK mystery solved! :D:p

Workable Goblin and I have considered it, but to do anything about it, we'd really need to re-write Part I to be up to the standards of Part II and III. That'd take...about a year, and any changes we make could then require butterflies in Part II and III. Plus, we're not sure anyone would be all that interested, so in the meantime we're just going to write Part IV and call it done.
That's too bad. If it's people interested in buying it, I can think of at least a dozen people I know that would buy it, not to mention most of the people on and/or viewing your thread and I would buy it in an instant. And it probably wouldn't be to hard to find a publisher. Then there is the last resort of...cough cough self-publishing cough....

A flight of USAF F-86F Sabres on CAP duty engages a patrol of East German MiG-15bis in the skies over Thuringia during late 1956, three months into the Third World War.

ZCjMGX5.jpg

2NQlyJo.jpg

CtaopHX.jpg

ykOmGKt.jpg

8HtYS94.jpg

Henschel Hs-124/9

Henschel produced delightful twin-engine Zerstoerer which could outmanoeuver a Bf-109, but fell victim to a political preference, as well as an ill-conceived fuselage. It was called the Hs-124. Later, they were called on to manufacture a tank destroyer using stuff laying around the factory floor. Fitting a properly proportioned -129 forward fuselage to the -124 would have resulted in a superior aircraft to which could be fitted grown-up engines such as the Gnome-Rhone 14N, BMW 801, or the topic of Wiking's next thread.

Hs124129small.png

yuck, external reflector sight.

that's one sure way to knock off 10 kph from your top speed.

A weapon which was due to win the war, the turbojet dive bomber Hs-132 featured a reclining seating position, a papillon tail, and untouchable performance. Unfortunately, the sighting optics were distorted by the windscreen and bombing accuracy was dismal. An external sight was about to be tested when Soviet forces occupied the factory.

hs132.png

NVA Luftstreitkrafte MiG-15bis downs a JASDF F-86F-30 in a nuclear Korea War scenario. The USSR abandons all pretenses of non-involvement and throws in the bulk of its military aviation units, augmenting its forces with a handful of units drawn from its client states. The UN forces reply in kind by bolstering their strength on the peninsula with the newly formed JASDF.

hw4IUAV.jpg