Map Thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too many of those borders are analogous to OTL. I'd suggest changing some, especially in Africa.

Aside from that, how did mega-Russia come about?

It shall be done.

A more decisive Ottoman-Russian War in 1813 led to the Russian empire "Freeing" Moldavia and Wallachia and incorporating them into the Russian Empire as Grand Duchies. Having another long land border with Russia especially with Austria now looking more to the West led to several other Russo-Ottoman Wars and the acquisition of Bulgaria and vassalization of Greece. Russian Sweden and Finland arose thanks to Sweden getting Pwned even harder than OTL in the French Wars of the late 18th century and early 19th. Russian Ezo comes from Russia opening Japan and there being no Meiji Restoration. Russia loped off chunks of China during the Sino-Russian War of 1878. In OTL General Zuo Zongtang was outspoken in calling for war against Russia, hoping to settle the matter by attacking Russian forces in Xinjiang with his Xiang army. ITTL The Russians are in a better position than in OTL and when the Chinese attack the Russians many Russian soldiers are killed holding their position. This resulted in a war that saw China get its ass kicked.

I'd also change the acquisition of island groups in the Pacific.

I'm on it.

S. America and Australia bother me...

Portuguese Africa needs some subdivisions. Like French East Africa though!

What's up with Greece?

May I ask why you dislike S. America and Australia?

Portuguese subdivisions shall be created. I'm glad you like French East Africa, I've always had a special place in my heart for it.

Greece is a vassal of the lovely Russian Empire.

Whatever happened to Sweden and Corea, I like it. :)

Sweden is explained in one of the above sections. As for Corea, it managed to pull a Meiji after the Sino-Russian War (not exactly sure how,yet, but even though I love the Russian Empire I didn't like the idea of it curb stomping all three of the North East Asian nations.

Russian Sweden? Russian Ezo?

Explained in the one of the above sections.

Russian Sweden and Finland arose thanks to Sweden getting Pwned even harder than OTL in the French Wars of the late 18th century and early 19th.

I can hardly see us getting our arses kicked in a more gratuitous way than what happened IOTL. The Russians raided the archipelago around Stockholm, and their troops went as far as Västerbotten. The only reason they pushed no further was that they didn't have an interest in doing so, and honestly I can't see why they would want to ITTL.

I can hardly see us getting our arses kicked in a more gratuitous way than what happened IOTL. The Russians raided the archipelago around Stockholm, and their troops went as far as Västerbotten. The only reason they pushed no further was that they didn't have an interest in doing so, and honestly I can't see why they would want to ITTL.

ITTL I was thinking that Alexander I is a bit more naval minded and wants access to the North Sea as well as turn the Baltic into a Russian lake.

POD is 1861. I didn't bother to change most of North Africa, but otherwise this is a US/Russia/Italy/NGF vs. Britain/France/CS/Austria/Turkey war scenario.

Crap, forgot the map. :p

wwi.png

Mathuen

Banned
A map of North America from a FBWI I made. Set in 2031 after the collapse of the USA.

*eye twitch*

For the love of god no, a new confederacy would never work and would fall apart in years. Also why is Florida one independent state? If anything its northern half should have joined an independent Georgia.

Other than that my basic complaint is why this is done so cleanly along state borders?

Using TACOS currently.

I've decided to do a little series in 100 year intervals. If I ever desire to write a timeline, these maps should provide a framework of when and which events happen. POD roughly in the late 1000s, probably in Britain. Drastic enough to affect but not stop the Mongol invasion, with the consequence that they are the ones who finally destroy the Byzantines. Current year is 1600.

Also, Leon is Reformed*. Deal with it. :cool:

*: Not the same reformation, obviously.

Still using Tacos. I didn't get the best of reactions from the first map, but I always tend to promise a series and not deliver, so let us break that habit!

Since the last map, all sorts of fun stuff has happened. The Tuareg have, as they tend to do, once again lost their state. The Tôn (alternatively Swon) dynasty has essentially reunified China, and reform is occurring. The state has vast Vietnamese and European influences, as well as a radical ideology. This includes imperialism, and already Chinese colonies are springing up... while the Eastern Mongols are being beaten and dragged offstage, the Western are still a major headache for everyone. Despite this, they are actually quite religiously tolerant, and the only Jewish state in the world is their vassal. The Levant is also no longer majority Muslim... Also, don't worry. No American revolution, or any revolution at all for the British. In the New World.

What should this world's UK's demonym be? Brittanic, British, Brytash, Brittanian, or...? Islander?

1700ish.png

The central Leeward Islands are quite interesting. They aren't as small as the Virgin Islands, whom they're separated from by the Anegada Passage, and not as big as Guadeloupe and Dominica, whom they are separated form by the Guadeloupe Passage. These islands have been, for most of post-Colombian history, under French, British and Dutch rule. I thought it would be nice to unite them. Eventually I settled on a Fiji-like country: a dominion, with a lot of Hindi speakers thanks to plantation workers and whatnot from British India.

And so, I present to you the Dominion of Keribiyana:

keribiyana.jpg

The central Leeward Islands are quite interesting. They aren't as small as the Virgin Islands, whom they're separated from by the Anegada Passage, and not as big as Guadeloupe and Dominica, whom they are separated form by the Guadeloupe Passage. These islands have been, for most of post-Colombian history, under French, British and Dutch rule. I thought it would be nice to unite them. Eventually I settled on a Fiji-like country: a dominion, with a lot of Hindi speakers thanks to plantation workers and whatnot from British India.

And so, I present to you the Dominion of Keribiyana:

Add English and it becomes pretty realistic with a Napoleonic Wars POD (French colonies? TAKE THEM AWAY! Oh and the Dutch ones, too). Really nice scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.